Dearica Hamby
Candace Parker
Myisha Hines-Allen
Dewanna Bonner
Marina Mabrey
Betnijah Laney

and I am sure they will be able to handle Team USA
I'll give you Arike and Candace.

The rest are good players, but not enough.

Griner, Charles, Fowles, Stewart and Wilson would completely dominate inside against any combination that the All Star team throws at them.

I'd be surprised if Team USA doesn't win by at least 15.

So how is Artkins there when she's still playing for Nigerian national team even this yr qualify..A player needs to sit out atleadt 2yrs inorder to play for another country or else their team will be disqualify.

I don't like Devereaux Peters, but people should read this (the whole thread), she's spot on here. I wish more prominent people would call them out on their ****.

I was of the assumption that Nneke wasn't on the team because she was ruled out due to injury, but hot damn did she get screwed over...again!

Glad that Peters had the guts to tell it like it is. It's been obvious for some time that there's a whole lot of favoritism going on with the selections, and not always bases on the on court performances of the players.

I was of the assumption that Nneke wasn't on the team because she was ruled out due to injury, but hot damn did she get screwed over...again!

Glad that Peters had the guts to tell it like it is. It's been obvious for some time that there's a whole lot of favoritism going on with the selections, and not always bases on the on court performances of the players.

someone said she is the ONLY MVP in WNBA history to not play in the Olympics and I thought Candace Parker's omission in 2016 was awful what the committee is doing to Nneka is cruel telling her to wait her turn but go behind her back and put the new shiny player on the Olympic roster and this year its Napheesa Collier 2016 it was Breanna Stewart

Reactions: Rickster
I had no idea that a previous Olympic team had special workouts for the UConn players, and a different workout for non-UConn players. Note that I did not say I was not surprised, only that I had no idea. But if true, it will be like everything else Auriemma does -- accepted because the people covering this sport fall over themselves to protect its image. This misguided insistence that the sport is too fragile to endure controversy, that it must be protected and promoted at all costs, has enabled these behaviors for ages now.

Collier over Nneka? Laughable.

Atkins? That was out of left field.

Bird and Taurasi need to move the hell on.

Exactly..Even Kentucky Howard. I would take her over Collier. Ogunbowale & Diamond should be there if Wale doesn't want to play for Nigerian then she should be in America team. If Nigerian team are serious in picking all the half Nigerians Players then contact Nneka and her sister, Onyewere all of them and they beat American team in a heart bit.

The wrath of Ms. Peters is wide spread and hits almost all targets. But I would assume that Coach Staley would have some input into the makeup of her team and the players she thinks she can best win with. Did I miss the broadside at the Olympic coach. I certainly did not miss the broad side at the 2016 coach. But anyway she'll garner a lot of clicks and be able to raise her advertising fees so it's all good.

I'm not complaining about there not being any former Tennessee players on the team. That's fine.

However, the United States has a very deep pool of talent in women's basketball. They don't have to pick the same players every Olympiad in order to win the Gold Medal. Sue Bird being on her 5th Olympic team at age 40 is ridiculous. Other deserving players should be given a chance to represent the USA. She is not an elite player in the WNBA anymore.
Should Catchings have been left off the 2016 roster because she was old and past her prime? IMO she was selected as a reward for all of her contributions to USA basketball.

Reactions: UCMiami and olddog
Exactly..Even Kentucky Howard. I would take her over Collier. Ogunbowale & Diamond should be there if Wale doesn't want to play for Nigerian then she should be in America team. If Nigerian team are serious in picking all the half Nigerians Players then contact Nneka and her sister, Onyewere all of them and they beat American team in a heart bit.

Rhyne Howard over Nepheesa Collier?!

I know Collier loses major points around here solely because she went to UConn and I agree that Nneka should have been tapped before her, but Howard wasn’t even the best player in college basketball last year.

Reactions: olddog
How many here would be anti USA basketball selection committee if there were 5 ex LVs on the team?

VN Store

Back