Ole Miss tossing trash

Amateurs. I didn’t see any condiments thrown. Just empty cans and cups. Hopefully Kiffin gets asked about their fans after the game.
No golf balls thrown at Leach. Ole Miss fanbase didnt come prepared! (Blue font)

Reactions: A.J.
Kiffin says he isn't going to Auburn. He may be lying....but if he is he'll never be believed again. Not sure if he cares. On the other hand if he goes to Auburn and they don't win...he'll be done as a candidate for any top coaching jobs for good. I think he's a very good coach but just doesn't have the talent.

Kiffin says he isn't going to Auburn. He may be lying....but if he is he'll never be believed again. Not sure if he cares. On the other hand if he goes to Auburn and they don't win...he'll be done as a candidate for any top coaching jobs for good. I think he's a very good coach but just doesn't have the talent.
Why should he be believed this time?

The irony is that the call was actually correct this time. Whereas, the call against UT that reversed the strip-sack-TD was actually wrong.
They also got a huge break on the run when the Ms State tailback touched the pylon with the ball. That was a clear TD but they put the ball on the 1 yard line.

Tommy Tuberville said the same thing. And left Oxford the next day.

They also got a huge break on the run when the Ms State tailback touched the pylon with the ball. That was a clear TD but they put the ball on the 1 yard line.
I thought on the replay that he might've "Pigged" it
I thought that was what they were looking at (fumbling out of bounds)

If you're a good high school talent, why would you want to play for a coach who never stays at any school very long, who is always rumored for the next job at ( fill in the blanks school ) ? I bet Kiffin's daily driver is a U-Haul van.

Reactions: txbo
Steve Spurrier is one of the greatest college football coaches of all time.
I always thought Spurrier was overrated personally. While great, he only has a single national title, and that one he only won because he got a mulligan against a rival that blew out his team the weeks prior. Zero perfect seasons. Even Fulmer had that. A bunch of SEC titles, but the all time greats have multiple NCs in my opinion.

Spurrier is an all-time great because he took an also-ran program and made it a self-sustaining national powerhouse.
He also won a ton a games against ranked teams. A whole bunch of them against our best teams of the last 70 years.
4-0 vs Peyton Manning

They love him for the reason the loved Spurrier. His non-stop mouth makes their writing stories easy.

True but...Spurrier usually backed it up...Kiffin got fired by the NFL....Fired on the tarmac after running away from UT in the middle of the night on and on. He got more tv face time at Bama than Saban did...Yet you look up Falling UP and you'll see a picture of Kiffin.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Has ESPN or others commented on this? It was on every sports channel and sports radio after Ole Miss- TN game.

Steve Spurrier is one of the greatest college football coaches of all time.
Hmm, nope.

There is a long list of great football coaches, and Spurrier isn't anywhere near the top.

Off the top of my head, in no particular order:
Knute Rockne
Bud Wilkinson
Robert Neyland
Bear Bryant
Pop Warner
Nick Saban
Woody Hayes
Urban Meyer
Walter Camp
Barry Switzer
Tom Osborne

There are probably 20-30 football coaches who have won multiple national titles and dominated nationwide for several years (or even decades) in a row.

Spurrier and Fulmer are behind all those folks, with one national championship each. Both very good coaches, but not among the greatest of all time.

EDIT: I forgot a few key ones: Frank Leahy, John McKay, Darrell Royal, and some other fellas I never even heard of like that coach who led Minnesota to several titles back in the day...all truly dominant at the national level for a decade or more in their heyday. Here's a pretty good list of the very best of all eras:

https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/...-football-coaches-most-national-championships

Last edited:

VN Store

Back