Ole Miss tossing trash

"Kiffin rumored to be going to Auburn---and he's taking his losing program with him" ( kiffin= the new Steve Spurrier ---visor and all )

Reactions: Imallvol
I did see a 12 OZ Silver Bullet thrown on the field. Could be the death of Lane.
4 losses after starting 7-0. Also, they basically lost to UK earlier this year luck pulled that out. This was a iffy 8-win team with no really dominating wins, sans OOC
/FCS teams.
If Lane can translate this into money he better because all I see is a coach's graveyard at Ole Piss.

Ole Miss has some of the worst fans. Kiffin is a good coach. He's won at Ole Miss. That ain't easy to do.....

Ole Miss lost key players from last season, but last season Ole Miss won 10 regular season games. That was the first time an Ole Miss team has won 10 games in a season, ever.

Last edited:
It was a great day when state beat Ole Miss and could not have happen to a better team especially the failed shuttle pass to tie it up. Hopefully upsets happen all day today and into tomorrow.
Amen. I’m rooting for chaos at this point and for teams I hate to have some of the misery we’ve had the last 6 days. The one bright spot of last week is no longer feeling like I have to root for teams I don’t like. Bring it all down.
Also, Kiffin used two timeouts before that 2 point try. They could have had 3 and forced Ole Miss to punt and had a few shots had they stopped them and called the timeouts quickly. I have t seen criticism of him using those timeouts there. Kind of surprised. Seemed like bad game management. I get using one, but two?

Amen. I’m rooting for chaos at this point and for teams I hate to have some of the misery we’ve had the last 6 days. The one bright spot of last week is no longer feeling like I have to root for teams I don’t like. Bring it all down.
Also, Kiffin used two timeouts before that 2 point try. They could have had 3 and forced Ole Miss to punt and had a few shots had they stopped them and called the timeouts quickly. I have t seen criticism of him using those timeouts there. Kind of surprised. Seemed like bad game management. I get using one, but two?
Sometimes I think Kiffin does things that are so weird that the media doesn’t know how to respond. I was wondering the exact same thing, but never heard it discussed.

Ole Miss has some of the worst fans. Kiffin is a good coach. He's won at Ole Miss. That ain't easy to do.....

Ole Miss lost key players from last season, but last season Ole Miss won 10 regular season games. That was the first time an Ole Miss team has won 10 games in a season, ever.

I give him credit they won 8 this year and 10 last year he did it with smoke & mirrors. Fainting goats a bunch of last second controversial wins he is good with the refs and can get you that close win with less talent, but it only goes so far. Especially in the west if he loses all his close w's he has a losing record about every year and fired on the TARMAC. Unless the west side of SEC takes a nosedive, he will not be a conference champ at Auburn or Ole Miss.

Reactions: volfeeva
Kiffin is a great OC but an average HC. 99% of successful head coaches kick the FG when it was 16-14 but Kiffin is always smarter than everyone else. Sort of ironic they lost by 2 points.

But but but but Ive been told by all the sports media (every day) that only TN fans are bad???

But but but but Ive been told by all the sports media (every day) that only TN fans are bad???

You think they might have an axe to grind with us?

This is why the university should have ignored the faux media outrage after the non-incident last year.

Yeah, but they've won 9 games in the regular season plenty of times, back when the regular season had 1 fewer game than our current schedules. So, pretty much the same thing.

Kiffin is not a particularly great head coach. He's a good Xs and Os guy, which makes him a decent offensive coordinator, but he doesn't have the leadership or command attributes needed to be a really good head coach.

When he's head coaching, it is almost like he wins some games in spite of himself. It's like his Xs and Os acumen is able to offset enough of his leadership weakness to do fairly well anyway. But he'll never be anything close to elite that way.

Johnny Vaught was a better head coach for the Rebels, and will be remembered more fondly by that fan base.

VN Store

Back