Ole Miss Flop

It is time to take a step forward and demonstrate that the SEC office is truly concerned about the health and safety of athletes.

I have asked the SEC office to forego the passive approach and take an active approach to player safety, by implementing rules to protect athletes from playing when they are physically depleted or injured. (Yeah, I known you think I wasted my time.)

If we are truly concerned about the health and safety of players ... which I think the SEC and NCAA claim to be about ....
What I expect to see going forward will be a rule that crafts: 1) a mandatory medical evaluation and assessment done on any player who stops play, 2) limitations on all injured players ability to return to the court or field of play, and 3) perhaps we should also consider implementing a rule for those who are inflicting injury (to assess their mental frame of mind) - maybe they should not be out on the court or field.

I am not talking about sitting out 1) 1 play, or 2) a series of plays, or 3) a time penalty (like hockey), or 4) making them sit out the rest of the quarter/half or 5) extending the bench time of 'repeat' offenders, etc.
I view this similar to concussion protocol. The player must be evaluated by independent medical personnel as to their ability to return to the court/field of play. They need an "all clear" from an independent medical professional not related to the university ( to protect both the athlete and the university ) for which they are providing the service. Not indicating that this is the best or only solution. Suggesting that our failure to act is likely to embroil universities and the SEC office in lawsuits which can be avoided by closing this 'loophole'.

NOTE: I am not saying players cannot suffer repeated injuries, because I think this is likely true. But it begs the question if they are actually getting hurt (multiple times) whether real or faked, then they do not belong on the field of play until they are deemed healthy by a medical professional who is able to assess their physical condition without bias.
I can go with that. In addition, if the "neutral" medical professional sees evidence of flopping, 15 yards, loss of possession or something that really hurts.

I watched the entire 3 hours of the SEC This Morning show and was very disappointed
that there was no mention of the obvious “ flops “ by Ole Miss during the Auburn game.
The game announcers even pointed out how deliberate it was. The same crap they
pulled against us.

Slice despised Kiffin when he was at Tennessee. Sankey gets the paper every morning for him. 180 degree difference

Well if you have to stop the game for health and safety concerns......because "you never know", then the player can sit out that possession for those same reasons. That change would put a wrinkle in the game for sure.....especially if it involves a QB. Just so long as it's fair for everyone.

Defensive players only. I don't think I've ever seen the offense try to gain advantage like this? On top of that, the injured player needs to cause a delay of game in order to engage the rule. Getting up slow and taking the next snap within game clock is ok.

Last edited:
Kiffin's just doing what a good coach should do: take advantage of the rules that exist. They also run a quick offense, so I'm sure that they would love to see a rule change.
A good coach would never teach his players to cheat the system. Remember to think before you post.

Reactions: Rylee_Vol18
It is time to take a step forward and demonstrate that the SEC office is truly concerned about the health and safety of athletes.

I have asked the SEC office to forego the passive approach and take an active approach to player safety, by implementing rules to protect athletes from playing when they are physically depleted or injured. (Yeah, I known you think I wasted my time.)

If we are truly concerned about the health and safety of players ... which I think the SEC and NCAA claim to be about ....
What I expect to see going forward will be a rule that crafts: 1) a mandatory medical evaluation and assessment done on any player who stops play, 2) limitations on all injured players ability to return to the court or field of play, and 3) perhaps we should also consider implementing a rule for those who are inflicting injury (to assess their mental frame of mind) - maybe they should not be out on the court or field.

I am not talking about sitting out 1) 1 play, or 2) a series of plays, or 3) a time penalty (like hockey), or 4) making them sit out the rest of the quarter/half or 5) extending the bench time of 'repeat' offenders, etc.
I view this similar to concussion protocol. The player must be evaluated by independent medical personnel as to their ability to return to the court/field of play. They need an "all clear" from an independent medical professional not related to the university ( to protect both the athlete and the university ) for which they are providing the service. Not indicating that this is the best or only solution. Suggesting that our failure to act is likely to embroil universities and the SEC office in lawsuits which can be avoided by closing this 'loophole'.

NOTE: I am not saying players cannot suffer repeated injuries, because I think this is likely true. But it begs the question if they are actually getting hurt (multiple times) whether real or faked, then they do not belong on the field of play until they are deemed healthy by a medical professional who is able to assess their physical condition without bias.
I completely agree with the idea of requiring any injured player be cleared by independent medical professionals. That will make players refuse to flop for their cheating coach.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
At the Auburn halftime interview Kiffin said, “…we have to do whatever it takes to win…”

I knew right then we would see the fainting goats in the 2nd half. This also sums up his whole mentality. If he stays at Ole Miss, there will be a major NCAA investigation within the next three years. Couldn’t happen to a nicer guy.

I’ve seen people get over a divorce faster than it takes some of these posters to get over a football loss
Don’t really care that it was a loss to Ole Miss or a loss to a team with Kiffin as a coach, it was BS loss on some BS calls. That POS ref and his crew should be barred from Neyland Stadium.

I will say this - I have never seen anyone turn as ashen as Kiffin when his qb went out. Without that one player - Ole Miss drops off the map and would lose virtually every game. He knows he is playing a shell game with smoke and mirrors - If his qb turns pro early - and he doesn't recruit someone equal - Kiffin's future goes South very, very fast.

it’s a QB driven game. He is worried.

I watched the entire 3 hours of the SEC This Morning show and was very disappointed
that there was no mention of the obvious “ flops “ by Ole Miss during the Auburn game.
The game announcers even pointed out how deliberate it was. The same crap they
pulled against us.
Well to be honest...we flopped a couple of times in the Ole Miss game (and others)...it's going to happen until the league addresses it.

Reactions: stillavol
I can go with that. In addition, if the "neutral" medical professional sees evidence of flopping, 15 yards, loss of possession or something that really hurts.
The other team’s medical guys should attend to the hurt player. If it’s a fake 1st and goal from the 1.

I will say this - I have never seen anyone turn as ashen as Kiffin when his qb went out. Without that one player - Ole Miss drops off the map and would lose virtually every game. He knows he is playing a shell game with smoke and mirrors - If his qb turns pro early - and he doesn't recruit someone equal - Kiffin's future goes South very, very fast.

So it's a Dobbs situation. I can relate.

I’m gonna need Herbstreit and Saban to tell us that we need a rule change before I can get behind it..

One factor working against a new flop rule is that it could reduce the amount of commercials that ESPN/other networks make us endure. The commercials make $ for the conferences/schools/football programs.

Anyone remember when televised college games were 3 hrs long? Most games are at least 3.5 hrs now.

Last edited:
Players who fall "hurt" on the field should have to sit out (as a precaution) for at least 4 plays.
I have liked that as an option but I prefer the option if a player reenters on that drive then a 10 yard penalty is enforced. So if a player goes down and you just have to get him back in for the inportant 3rd and 3 it becomes 3rd and 13 and you have to decide is it worth it to 1 have the kid hit the ground to get a rest and /or slow the pace back down. And second if you need him back next play you can have him but mot without consequence.

I have liked that as an option but I prefer the option if a player reenters on that drive then a 10 yard penalty is enforced. So if a player goes down and you just have to get him back in for the inportant 3rd and 3 it becomes 3rd and 13 and you have to decide is it worth it to 1 have the kid hit the ground to get a rest and /or slow the pace back down. And second if you need him back next play you can have him but mot without consequence.
This makes no sense at all… You do realize that 99% of what is being discussed is defensive flops to avoid a hurry up offense and not have the ability to sub players right? So using your analogy of 3 and 3 and an offensive player is gonna slow down his own offense by flopping?... How about a def player goes down, does the offense get the ball 1rst and 3 to go now? Yeah… no. I would advocate sitting 4 plays or a possession, unless a timeout is taken.

This makes no sense at all… You do realize that 99% of what is being discussed is defensive flops to avoid a hurry up offense and not have the ability to sub players right? So using your analogy of 3 and 3 and an offensive player is gonna slow down his own offense by flopping?... How about a def player goes down, does the offense get the ball 1rst and 3 to go now? Yeah… no. I would advocate sitting 4 plays or a possession, unless a timeout is taken.
You realize just because I said in that drive. Thats offensive and defensive players. Of course its typically defensive players flopping. We all saw Kiffins bunch do it. But coaches can save timeouts if a player is injured too so offensive coaches have used the old go down strategy too in final minutes. So yes if your offensive tackle lays in agony and we all know he is trying to give time for the qb to get the call the coach wants drawn up. And that linemen wants back in a play later sure thing but you getting penalized. And yes if on defense if you flop on 3rd and 3 trying to slow momentum then player goes out and its now 4th and 1 and you bring the linebacker that collapsed on this drive earlier like he was dying. Yes you can bring him back in but mow 4th and 1 becomes and automatic first down by movement of 10 yard penalty. Sayonara flopping and immediate miraculous recoveries. Sorry if i didn't explain properly.

VN Store

Back