Ole Miss Flop

TennEddie

I watched the entire 3 hours of the SEC This Morning show and was very disappointed
that there was no mention of the obvious “ flops “ by Ole Miss during the Auburn game.
The game announcers even pointed out how deliberate it was. The same crap they
pulled against us.

I watched the entire 3 hours of the SEC This Morning show and was very disappointed
that there was no mention of the obvious “ flops “ by Ole Miss during the Auburn game.
pulled against us.

So what? They are playing for Kiffin, what did you expect?

I had the game on a little this week, and my wife laughed when she saw yet another flop from them. If I were a player being instructed to do this, I'd almost be offended by the lack of confidence in our team shown by the coaches.

Kiffin's just doing what a good coach should do: take advantage of the rules that exist. They also run a quick offense, so I'm sure that they would love to see a rule change.

The use of "Kiffin" and "good coach" in the same sentence is dubious, at best. I will give him credit for exploiting a current gray area in the rules.

Ole Miss better do it while they can. I smell some rule changes in the off season to address flopping.
I know we discussed this before and I said they should have to sit 1 possession but then changed it to 2 possession

I can see some saying that the rule is setting players up to maybe hurt themselves further because they're going to try and limp off the field instead of going down or something along those lines

Kiffin's just doing what a good coach should do: take advantage of the rules that exist. They also run a quick offense, so I'm sure that they would love to see a rule change.

A rule change that would force them to stop doing what they're doing to gain an advantage? You sure about that?

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Well if you have to stop the game for health and safety concerns......because "you never know", then the player can sit out that possession for those same reasons. That change would put a wrinkle in the game for sure.....especially if it involves a QB. Just so long as it's fair for everyone.

And EVERY opponent he faces needs to do it back at Ole Miss at a higher rate. Kiffin decided to be a douche nozzle by taking “advantage of the rules” so he should be retaliated against in force. There should be consequences for his behavior.

Well if you have to stop the game for health and safety concerns......because "you never know", then the player can sit out that possession for those same reasons. That change would put a wrinkle in the game for sure.....especially if it involves a QB. Just so long as it's fair for everyone.

Players who fall "hurt" on the field should have to sit out (as a precaution) for at least 4 plays.

Whatever the change it should only be for those that collapse well after the play. Not for those that are slow to get up after actually being hit, blocked, or whatever. I talking about those guys that jog to the line after the play then all of sudden go down.

So that way if the QB is slow to get up after being hit, he isn’t gone for the possession.

Ole Miss better do it while they can. I smell some rule changes in the off season to address flopping.
Ole miss better hope there is another very good QB in transfer position. Or better yet hope kiffin doesn’t jump to a better job.

Reactions: volnut1
It is time to take a step forward and demonstrate that the SEC office is truly concerned about the health and safety of athletes.

I have asked the SEC office to forego the passive approach and take an active approach to player safety, by implementing rules to protect athletes from playing when they are physically depleted or injured. (Yeah, I known you think I wasted my time.)

If we are truly concerned about the health and safety of players ... which I think the SEC and NCAA claim to be about ....
What I expect to see going forward will be a rule that crafts: 1) a mandatory medical evaluation and assessment done on any player who stops play, 2) limitations on all injured players ability to return to the court or field of play, and 3) perhaps we should also consider implementing a rule for those who are inflicting injury (to assess their mental frame of mind) - maybe they should not be out on the court or field.

I am not talking about sitting out 1) 1 play, or 2) a series of plays, or 3) a time penalty (like hockey), or 4) making them sit out the rest of the quarter/half or 5) extending the bench time of 'repeat' offenders, etc.
I view this similar to concussion protocol. The player must be evaluated by independent medical personnel as to their ability to return to the court/field of play. They need an "all clear" from an independent medical professional not related to the university ( to protect both the athlete and the university ) for which they are providing the service. Not indicating that this is the best or only solution. Suggesting that our failure to act is likely to embroil universities and the SEC office in lawsuits which can be avoided by closing this 'loophole'.

NOTE: I am not saying players cannot suffer repeated injuries, because I think this is likely true. But it begs the question if they are actually getting hurt (multiple times) whether real or faked, then they do not belong on the field of play until they are deemed healthy by a medical professional who is able to assess their physical condition without bias.

Opposing teams should sprinkke a few fire ants on the floppers; they would jump up so fast, and sprint a few steps also.

Last edited:
pulled against us.
I will say this - I have never seen anyone turn as ashen as Kiffin when his qb went out. Without that one player - Ole Miss drops off the map and would lose virtually every game. He knows he is playing a shell game with smoke and mirrors - If his qb turns pro early - and he doesn't recruit someone equal - Kiffin's future goes South very, very fast.

VN Store

Back