Old white man shoots pregnant black woman intruder (he's going to jail)

It is a sinking, terrible, and horrible feeling to have someone enter your home who wants to steal your possessions, and possibly do great bodily harm to you, even if you are not at home when the violation takes place.

In the same circumstance as the "old white man" I would probably have done the very same thing; shot the PREGNANT "black" woman if I could not have shot the half-black male first.

"would probably" and "would actually" have a huge buffer between them in this scenario.

Playing a vengeful god isn't as simple as one might think.

Reactions: 3 people
I respect life too much for that. I'd have no hesitation to shoot someone who was trying to hurt me or my family but not going to shoot someone who is fleeing and especially a woman begging for her life. I had a similar circumstance where I could have shot a teenager. I wasn't going to shoot a teenager just because he was trying to rob me and just pissed me off. I let him get away. He never came back.

So, now add another teen and possibly a third and getting the living shiite kicked out of you in the process......Your entire premise is FOS until you face that situation. I for one, after having been robbed repeatedly and having the crap kicked out of me would have probably done the same thing.

Most on here have no idea as to how you would react under the same circumstances. I personally would hate to have to live with taking another's life. It would be hard to live with, justifiable or not. I personally know someone that shot someone in the back of the head as he was fleeing but he was running toward his wife thus it was justifiable. It took him a very long time to get over it. My point is no one knows how they would react until they are actually in the moment.

Reactions: 1 person
Most on here have no idea as to how you would react under the same circumstances. I personally would hate to have to live with taking another's life. It would be hard to live with, justifiable or not. I personally know someone that shot someone in the back of the head as he was fleeing but he was running toward his wife thus it was justifiable. It took him a very long time to get over it. My point is no one knows how they would react until they are actually in the moment.

^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^

Anyone that hasn't faced what the old man did and makes a definitive statement about what they would and wouldn't do is FOS.

Reactions: 2 people

Thank you... in the heat of the moment and with blood pumping and adrenalin flowing, who knows how any of us would react.

If you walk up to a rattle snake thinking it's a harmless corn snake and you decide to muck with it, don't be surprised when it bites you.

If you walk up to a rattle snake thinking it's a harmless corn snake and you decide to muck with it, don't be surprised when it bites you.

I wouldn't be surprised if it bit me, but I would be extremely surprised if after I turn and ran away that it chased after me and bit me.

I wouldn't be surprised if it bit me, but I would be extremely surprised if after I turn and ran away that it chased after me and bit me.

The point was they put themselves in that position. When you break into a man's home, beat him senseless, and rob him, don't expect mercy from him when the tables turn in his favor. JMO

So, now add another teen and possibly a third and getting the living shiite kicked out of you in the process......Your entire premise is FOS until you face that situation. I for one, after having been robbed repeatedly and having the crap kicked out of me would have probably done the same thing.

How about being hit in the head with a blunt object? Is that closer?

The point was they put themselves in that position. When you break into a man's home, beat him senseless, and rob him, don't expect mercy from him when the tables turn in his favor. JMO

I know what your point was, however your example actually fit what many of us have been saying.

And you're basically saying revenge/retaliation is ok, because that's basically what he did.

Reactions: 5 people
Yep, nothing like shooting someone who is fleeing, and then, after you have shot them once and they are on the ground pleading for their life, shooting them again, just to make sure you kill them.

Really gets the juices flowing. :whistling:

Yep, nothing like shooting someone who is fleeing, and then, after you have shot them once and they are on the ground pleading for their life, shooting them again, just to make sure you kill them.

What if the old man was pleading for his life? Do you think the thugs would have showed mercy ?

Is it beyond the realm of possibility that the body slam could have knocked the sense out of him and he acted irrationally? Could he plead to manslaughter due to reason of insanity?

I know what your point was, however your example actually fit what many of us have been saying.

And you're basically saying revenge/retaliation is ok, because that's basically what he did.

i have no sympathy for criminals.....im glad he did it and if they come in my house and attack my family....i will do the same.

Reactions: 6 people

No I'm not. I'm saying two things:

1.) Don't judge a man until you've walked in his shoes.
2.) Don't expect someone you've abused/violated to show you mercy when you've shown them none.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back