Ol' Geno doubles down on bashing Tennessee, Fulmer, so on, so forth.

Geno is going by what Westbrook told him. He hasn’t made anything up. If you were a coach and a player transferred to your program with a tough story, wouldn’t you support that player if you had no reason not to believe her. Of course you would.

Funny, when someone on this LADY VOL FAN board makes an inference about Geno's motivation, you are all "YOU DON'T KNOW!" ONLY GENO CAN KNOW WHAT REALLY HAPPENED" but now, you are all "oh poor, pool little Geno, he was only going by what Westbrook told him." Well, we don't know what Evina said or how much Geno and the Uconn staff embellished certain aspects of her story to strengthen the case for her waiver (and apparently with insufficient evidence).

But, even if Geno was parroting Evina's narrative, he has a freakin' responsibility to do some due diligence before publicly disparaging another program and further suggesting that the "transgressions" were so extreme that an investigation was warranted except that the NCAA for some mysterious decided to look the other way.

For the record, I think Geno would have been fully within his rights to complain that the NCAA lacks transparency in these decisions and he could have even proclaimed that he believed that Evina's case was a viable as others that had been granted waivers. But unless willing to back up his accusations about the LV program, Geno was being seriously unprofessional in dropping such innuendos in a press conference and then saying, immediately "well I can't talk about that" when asked for an explanation. Well, dude you just did talk about it, so put up or retract and apologize.

Those baseless accusations are the point of contention on this board. Why you keep coming back to try to justify Geno's calumny is your business but I am sure you will find a more receptive audience on the Boneyard.

Last edited:
Geno is just playing his game, like any good coach would
Yes, he's being a bit of a punk, but he is fighting for Evina, as any coach would

Phil and UT are 100% right to stay hands off,,,don't help, don't hinder
UT didn't ask Evina to leave, she left
Her decision is not our problem

The NCAA made a choice
Their decision is not our problem

Stand up and quit yer Cryin Coach"G",,,,Play the players you recruited and wait next year for the one WE recruited
We didn't hinder and we shouldn't help...in fact, ,,,,unless he tries to recruit our ex-coach,
I don't think UT would stand in his way on that acquisition either

VolNation, let this Geno thing go...it will be fuel for him and his troops,,,no need in giving him anything he could use to his advantage

NEXT SUBJECT PLEASE

I found Lou Brown's quote insightful. I noticed her multiple use of the word 'now' in her quote

“We have a great team and we love our coaches,” Tennessee forward Lou Brown added. “It’s a good environment for us now, for us here. That’s where our focus is now. We’re worried about now, we’re worried about what’s going on this year.”

When she says the environment is good now, is she implying it wasn't good before?

There is also a disconnect in the narratives when Evina says she met with HCPF several times and he states he never knew of her concerns until he read about them.

But I guess that like the Maya Moore questions and the Kennedy assassination, we'll never really know.

I found Lou Brown's quote insightful. I noticed her multiple use of the word 'now' in her quote

“We have a great team and we love our coaches,” Tennessee forward Lou Brown added. “It’s a good environment for us now, for us here. That’s where our focus is now. We’re worried about now, we’re worried about what’s going on this year.”

When she says the environment is good now, is she implying it wasn't good before?

There is also a disconnect in the narratives when Evina says she met with HCPF several times and he states he never knew of her concerns until he read about them.

But I guess that like the Maya Moore questions and the Kennedy assassination, we'll never really know.

Anyone who labored through Holly’s pressers after watching her horrible coaching on the sidelines knew she threw her players under the bus. Can some be faulted for calling that a toxic environment when none, in good conscious can proclaim that a good environment? The last 6 seasons were a disaster with respect to player development, player lack of smiles and teamwork. That is already changed. Be happy!

Yes, he's being a bit of a punk, but he is fighting for Evina, as any coach would

The NCAA made a choice

Stand up and quit yer Cryin Coach"G",,,,Play the players you recruited and wait next year for the one WE recruited
We didn't hinder and we shouldn't help...in fact, ,,,,unless he tries to recruit our ex-coach,

VolNation, let this Geno thing go...it will be fuel for him and his troops,,,no need in giving him anything he could use to his advantage

NEXT SUBJECT PLEASE
I seriously doubt any of the UConn women's basketball players read the posts on Volnation:rolleyes:

I seriously doubt any of the UConn women's basketball players read the posts on Volnation:rolleyes:

You can bet as a coach, it will be referenced...count on it
I would

"see what they're saying out there,,,

All it takes for a coach to use this as a motivator is to pull just one chosen sentence or post out of this site.
Bet your buns,,,geno will!

Like coach Jumper says, we need to let the whole thing drop.

Reactions: NeedOrange

The only time I ever heard of Evina going to Phil was when Holly benched her for missing class. She may have been able to bully Holly, but not Big Phil.

You can bet as a coach, it will be referenced...count on it
I would

"see what they're saying out there,,,

All it takes for a coach to use this as a motivator is to pull just one chosen sentence or post out of this site.
Bet your buns,,,geno will!

Right! And on the other side can’t UT be like he dissed our school and our culture? Which even calls into questions the current players staying and why would they even be here... I sort of took it as a slap to them for not leaving... so yea Rennia Davis go have yourself a night or let’s not forget how their fan base dogged Jordan after making her decision lol “she would never amount to anything here” is a comment I read quite often lol

Reactions: Benionsopinion
He's a troll
Seriously?
You are a Tennessee fan that calls your own team toxic?

Shoot the messenger if you want but the fact remains that the LV program has been called everything from toxic to unhealthy for years by many people including former players. My personal view is that Pat was able to keep a lid on the powder keg until she left and then it blew off. My view was largely formed from information from a former LV male practice squad member. Enough said.

Reactions: Dube
Right! And on the other side can’t UT be like he dissed our school and our culture? Which even calls into questions the current players staying and why would they even be here... I sort of took it as a slap to them for not leaving... so yea Rennia Davis go have yourself a night or let’s not forget how their fan base dogged Jordan after making her decision lol “she would never amount to anything here” is a comment I read quite often lol

exactly

Then it becomes basketbrawl,,,on the court

Geno knows our program now has a ray of hope in our future. He must hate it.
But they don't call sports a pendulum because it stands still...they call it a pendulum because it has swings

Don't underestimate Geno though. I followed his career closely.
Once he got to the top he pulverized anyone in his way.
Don't look for him to change
Look for us on how to change how we let him manipulate us

Reactions: Smallvol#1
Shoot the messenger if you want but the fact remains that the LV program has been called everything from toxic to unhealthy for years by many people including former players. My personal view is that Pat was able to keep a lid on the powder keg until she left and then it blew off. My view was largely formed from information from a former LV male practice squad member. Enough said.

“Toxic to unhealthy “. What in the world does that mean?
Why use such vague, yet very harsh, words to describe our program.
Can you not give any specifics without using any names?

The NCAA made a choice

NEXT SUBJECT PLEASE

Evina leaving us to play for Geno is like spitting on Pats grave.
She could have gone anywhere else and I’d be okay with it.
But not for that man. 🤬🤮😡

Reactions: TenUhSee
exactly

Then it becomes basketbrawl,,,on the court

Geno knows our program now has a ray of hope in our future. He must hate it.
But they don't call sports a pendulum because it stands still...they call it a pendulum because it has swings

Don't underestimate Geno though. I followed his career closely.
Once he got to the top he pulverized anyone in his way.
Don't look for him to change
Look for us on how to change how we let him manipulate us

I’m sure it will do the same for our players. If CKHJ is any bit of the competitor she used to be she will have these ladies amped up for not only the UConn game but moving forward. I’m sure she will hold on to that little nugget for when it’s the appropriate time 😃

Our team is young, inexperienced, and honestly at times not very good! But I have seen a response to challenges with these young ladies that I haven’t seen in at least 3-4 years. I like it, I like how their coaches get their attention and you can tell they are truly listening and trying. There is a difference in this team rather than some of the past ones.

So put this in your back pockets ladies don’t let it define you, drive you, but let it be fuel when needed.

I remember when my team (I coach track and field) had won 5 titles in a row. They were sitting on top of the world and everything was just gonna “work out”. Practice was “ok” but not the normal and even with all the redirection it just didn’t feel the same. Well to say we got beat was an understatement we got waxed on our own home turf and a lot of that was on me. Our kids wanted to just pack up and leave I had them watch another team get a trophy on their home turf. Then I took a picture. I took that picture and went to staples and made the biggest poster possible! LOL, while the pic was blurry it had all this blue surrounded by a golden trophy in the center. So when our next season started my kids were complaining of the workout I just walked away, posted the poster up ,looked them in the eyes, and walked to the line .... They all followed me over without saying a word and crushed one of the hardest work outs of the year. After practice they asked could they tear the poster up? I said you can tear the poster apart when you earn that right... Well two months later they beat the team that beat them by 20 points and doubled it and beat them by 40. It’s all about timing and when you use the fuel for the fire.

Sorry for the long post but I just took a trip down memory lane😃 those were the days

Last edited:

Lawd that is gonna make a fool outta him and whoever else said it. Jordan Horston is ‘bout to be a HOSS!!! 🔥

I supposes the "beauty" of the internet is that any ole troll can post just any kind of crap and claim to have knowledge. But, if you aren't a troll, then how about providing some evidence of all these former players who have called the program toxic. Where are the links and public statements? I guess when Holdsclaw, Catchings, Parker, Lawson, Robinson, Stricklen, Burdick, Harrison, and many others come back year after year, it is because they want to immerse themselves in all that "toxicity."

Last edited:
Geno is going by what Westbrook told him. He hasn’t made anything up. If you were a coach and a player transferred to your program with a tough story, wouldn’t you support that player if you had no reason not to believe her. Of course you would.
You would be a fool to publicly call it out without verifying the facts. Which is what Geno did...

The fact he submitted hundreds of pages supposedly proving this and was STILL denied a waiver makes one wonder...exactly what Geno did to Andra Espinoza Hunter that allowed her to get her waiver approved 🤔.

People who live in glass houses really shouldn't be throwing stones. Any guess on which of his players is the next to transfer?

Jordan belongs here.
I said in an earlier post that Jordan will make the loss of Evina a little easier....We'll soon find out why

VN Store

Back