Oklahoma State's Mike Gundy interviewed by Currie

This was a great hire before Sunday, its a terrific hire now. Even if he's not your favorite guy if it happened, if you can't get behind this guy at this point, you really aren't being honest about where we are.

I also think it doesn't happen. He's getting yet another raise from our incompetent Athletic Directors. This is becoming Gundy's best play.

Reactions: 1 person
I am finally beginning to see why people hate Tennessee fans. Tennessee could hire the greatest coach in the history of college football and some of you still wouldn’t be happy

Reactions: 5 people
Gundy IMO would almost be a homerun hire. He has been well above average at just an average school. At UT I think he will be excellent. Despite the rumors of its demise by ESPN UT is a storied program where any coach can get top recruits simply based upon our history

I’m all for Gundy. I think he would be a great hire.
Help me out here tho: how often do coaches that just relieve a new contract and raise go out and interview with another school?

He's been my top "realistic" choice all along. We need an offensive minded coach and he can flat out score points. Pay him what he wants and let Kevin Steele name his price to come on as DC.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Anybody who actually wants Kiffin over Gundy really needs to take a step back and re-evaluate their position. I don't get it at all. Even if you take away the fact that we should never look at Kiffin after what he did to us (and nobody remembers the NCAA violations part of that, seemingly), Gundy is a way more accomplished coach than Kiffin. It's not even close!

Reactions: 1 person
I'm just taken back that John Currie offered Schiano before he offered Gundy, wtf

Chicken Currie didn't offer ANYONE except Schiano. He didn't bother cause he had his man. Schiano interviewed for the Browns job, Haslam liked him but Tanner didn't. So, with Schiano in his corner, he promises big money for the Stadium in order to hire his boy Schiano.

Reactions: 2 people
Sadly if we actually hired Gundy at this point, everyone would still hate Currie. I'm trying to feel bad for him but it's not working.

For those of you talking about Gundy always coming in second, you need to consider that UT is in dead last in the conference this year.

Nobody is poopooing Gundy. We are poopooing our AD for offering Schiano before Gundy.

The following quotes would say otherwise:

Mr. Big 12 done nothing.

Puke.

Kiffin you imbecilic athletic director.

I wonder if Bama can actually score 100 on us...

Yes I don't want a coach that has proven without a shadow of a doubt that he can never be better than his rivals.

No f***ing thanks.

VN Store

Back