Oklahoma is beatable next season

Yeah, and JG was the no. 1 rated dual threat in the nation a few yrs. ago.

Oklahoma has had one of the nation’s most explosive offenses for two decades now, with damn near every QB winning the Heisman or invited to New York in that time.

I’m thinking they’ll have a very, very good offense

Last edited:
We'll see if all the "we're going to win for sure" crowd is just making noise or do they put some money on the game next year. It sounds like many on this very string would go even money-I would not.

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
They will likely be better next year. Hurts has always been a poor passer and Grinch should have the defense playing better with another year to get his defense installed. Vols win a 10 point game.

Imo depends on who our qb is if we win or not. We have to put up more points than we are to beat them. If we play conservative we won't win, if we open up the offense we can beat them. And keep pouring it on if we get the lead.

Imo depends on who our qb is if we win or not. We have to put up more points than we are to beat them. If we play conservative we won't win, if we open up the offense we can beat them. And keep pouring it on if we get the lead.
Who's catching the ball?

They're beatable, but only if they beat themselves. Need Oline to find some unity and make some major strides if we expect to control the game via TOS. Otherwise OU is going to put 40 on us.

I think they will put up 40 on us, but we have the capability of putting up more, but we have to have better qb play than we have had. I still don't think jg can do this, hoping someone else is the starter next year, but don't think they will, and if so 40 to 20 okl.. I think we will have the receivers, the ol, and good defense but college football has changed, you can't beat a good offensive team with control the clock offense anymore, you have to be able to put up points, more than 20 from your offense

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
I think they will put up 40 on us, but we have the capability of putting up more, but we have to have better qb play than we have had. I still don't think jg can do this, hoping someone else is the starter next year, but don't think they will, and if so 40 to 20 okl.. I think we will have the receivers, the ol, and good defense but college football has changed, you can't beat a good offensive team with control the clock offense anymore, you have to be able to put up points, more than 20 from your offense

Second year in Chaney's offense will result in big gains... Like the defense from year 1 to year 2 under Pruitt.

Who's catching the ball?

We won't have callaway and jennings which is a big loss, but with a good qb I think we will have good enough receivers
if we have a qb other than jg. Those 50 50 balls won't go as well without callaway and jennings. We have to have a qb who can hit the receivers in stride and I believe we have them on roster now. Just don't know if they will get a fair chance.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
We'll have 5+ guys capable of catching the ball and hopefully a 5 star tight end.
Palmer and who?

Everyone is unproven (to include Palmer really). Pretty sure WA was a "highly touted" TE (albeit a JUCO transfer), I'll believe it when I see it. Thankfully the OL and RB position should be a strength next year. The passing game is a HUGE unknown.

Reactions: bpalmer28 and 08Vol
We won't have callaway and jennings which is a big loss, but with a good qb I think we will have good enough receivers
if we have a qb other than jg. Those 50 50 balls won't go as well without callaway and jennings. We have to have a qb who can hit the receivers in stride and I believe we have them on roster now. Just don't know if they will get a fair chance.

JG is our best qb.. it's not even close. Pruit and our best players have said this.

JG is our best qb.. it's not even close. Pruit and our best players have said this.

Well let me put it this way then, he may be our best chance to win, but that chance is very small with jg as our qb, we just don't put up enough points. So unless someone else plays qb we have a season about the same as this year. Pruitt said that statement earlier in the year and then started someone else. Jg is not a good sec qb period. Good stats but not many points and points is what wins games not stats.

I know it’s early but any advice about getting tickets? They are expensive on secondary market. I will have to fly plus a hotel so rather not spend $400 on a pair of tickets.

VN Store

Back