Oklahoma is beatable next season

We won't have callaway and jennings which is a big loss, but with a good qb I think we will have good enough receivers
if we have a qb other than jg. Those 50 50 balls won't go as well without callaway and jennings. We have to have a qb who can hit the receivers in stride and I believe we have them on roster now. Just don't know if they will get a fair chance.

If they're better, they'll play, simple as that. This idea that Pruitt and Chaney have some blind loyalty to JG and will play him even if another QB gives us a better chance, is nonsensical.

Where are the interceptions? When you hit "50/50" balls with regularity, they're not 50/50; they're recognizing a strength and executing. They've been part of JG's game since high school; they're not luck.

Last edited:
We won't have callaway and jennings which is a big loss, but with a good qb I think we will have good enough receivers
if we have a qb other than jg. Those 50 50 balls won't go as well without callaway and jennings. We have to have a qb who can hit the receivers in stride and I believe we have them on roster now. Just don't know if they will get a fair chance.

Stop with the fair chance bs. Were you not watching when JG lost the job this year..

You JG haters are a weird ass group of people..i agree he aint going to win the Heisman but to pretend the coaches arent going to play the guy that gives us the best chance to winis asinne.

Personally IDAF who starts or plays...i just want them to do well. Actually i do gaf, as a decent human being im pulling for the kid that has dealt with more adversity than any ive seen in my 4 decades of watching UT football. And most of the adversity is from sh,,y fans who are clueless.

LSU could put 80 on us if we played them today. LSU and UT aren’t even in the same galaxy when it comes to offense. What they do to OU has absolutely 0 barring on how we would look against them.
No they wouldn’t. They’d get 30 or so. And I realize that the Semi has no direct “bearing,” but if the metric is best teams, there are 3 teams in the SEC that deserved to be in the CFP over OU. I believe even Tennessee would fare better against LSU than OU.

Dobbs was good but not elite. Just look at Oklahoma's recent QB's..Sam Bradford, Landry Jones, Trevor Knight, Baker Mayfield, Kyler Murray, Jalen Hurts..Hell they have had two Heisman trophy winners in the past 3 years...
Dobbs was good enough to take us to the next level. Whether or not he was elite is debatable. There were plenty of throws that were head scratchers.

I suppose we have a chance to go out and beat OU next, albeit not a very good one. Really shouldn’t be playing a perennial playoff team next year, team just not ready yet.

Reactions: BigOrangeAl 1979
I really do not want to play Oklahoma next year. Before everyone responds with the bravdo of "to be the man we have to beat the man stuff" here is my reason. I've been married 15 years. My wife is from Oklahoma. Her entire family are all sooners fans (yes lowercase). They have never known the dominant Tennessee football program I have. They look down and feel sorry for me. All the while, I remember when Oklahoma sucked so bad under Schnellenberger and Blake. I always have to act like I am not interested in college football when I am around them. Hate hearing about the sooners.

I'd rather play Oklahoma once we are truly back, not some mirage like we had under Botch Jones. We have been set back so many times and now this is the third time since 2014 to play them. Why? I'd rather play Oklahoma State and beat Gundy to a pulp for playing us like a fool....twice...during our coaching searches.

Having said that....heres to hoping Jerry Jones poaches Lincoln Riley and they have a lot of guys declare early for the draft. I can't take another loss to them.
Have you considered divorce? Ha just kidding!

We should have one of the best offensive lines in the country and at least one home run hitter at RB. That’s enough to give us a chance on that side of the ball.

Defensively we get Gooden, Middleton, Solomon, and Emerson back. Plus who knows what Simmons and Williams will develop into.

It’s entirely possible that we dominate the line of scrimmage.

Stop with the fair chance bs. Were you not watching when JG lost the job this year..

You JG haters are a weird ass group of people..i agree he aint going to win the Heisman but to pretend the coaches arent going to play the guy that gives us the best chance to winis asinne.

Personally IDAF who starts or plays...i just want them to do well. Actually i do gaf, as a decent human being im pulling for the kid that has dealt with more adversity than any ive seen in my 4 decades of watching UT football. And most of the adversity is from sh,,y fans who are clueless.
Tell us how you really feel. I’m a little unsure

If they're better, they'll play, simple as that. This idea that Pruitt and Chaney have some blind loyalty to JG and will play him even if another QB gives us a better chance, is nonsensical.

Where are the interceptions? When you hit "50/50" balls with regularity, they're not 50/50; they're recognizing a strength and executing. They've been part of JG's game since high school; they're not luck.
JG is pretty good at placing those 50/50 balls. He's been playing with Jennings and Calloway for so long, he knows their capabilities. Palmer will prob be the go-to receiver next yr. He's quite good at catching those as well.

No they wouldn’t. They’d get 30 or so. And I realize that the Semi has no direct “bearing,” but if the metric is best teams, there are 3 teams in the SEC that deserved to be in the CFP over OU. I believe even Tennessee would fare better against LSU than OU.
We have a better defense than OU, but not offense. OU can at least somewhat keep up on offense, but it won't be enough since their defense is weak. I think if we played LSU today, they wouldn't score as much, but our offense would have a very difficult time scoring on them. GA struggled mightily.

Dobbs was good enough to take us to the next level. Whether or not he was elite is debatable. There were plenty of throws that were head scratchers.
Agreed. I think he was decent throwing to receivers one on one who were mostly open. Definitely not good at passing 50/50 balls.

We should have one of the best offensive lines in the country and at least one home run hitter at RB. That’s enough to give us a chance on that side of the ball.

Defensively we get Gooden, Middleton, Solomon, and Emerson back. Plus who knows what Simmons and Williams will develop into.

It’s entirely possible that we dominate the line of scrimmage.
Who is the homerun hitter at RB??

Being from Tennessee and a life long VOL fan., and living in OK... I’d almost make a deal with the devil for this, but probably won’t happen. In Neyland maybe. The OU defense i expect to be much improved in year two of AG. The offense will always roll with Riley running it.

VN Store

Back