Oklahoma game

I am an OU season ticket holder. Looks like we will allow workouts to begin 6/15. Honestly, I am not optimistic about the game being a full attendance scenario. Our capacity has recently been reduced due to some upgrades in seating so no way we reach our record attendance of around 87K. If full capacity in Sept. probably looking at 84K. However, I will be surprised if it's business as usual and I think our sellout streak will end regardless. I am 78 and I can tell you there is no way I will risk sitting in a jam packed stadium. I'm already giving up my planned trip to our game at West Point.

I am an OU season ticket holder. Looks like we will allow workouts to begin 6/15. Honestly, I am not optimistic about the game being a full attendance scenario. Our capacity has recently been reduced due to some upgrades in seating so no way we reach our record attendance of around 87K. If full capacity in Sept. probably looking at 84K. However, I will be surprised if it's business as usual and I think our sellout streak will end regardless. I am 78 and I can tell you there is no way I will risk sitting in a jam packed stadium. I'm already giving up my planned trip to our game at West Point.
I can’t blame you. I’ve got a nephew that might be going. Last time 4 of us made the trip. I’m not sure if I’m going to be able to make it, I’ve got a newborn and like you said, there is a “risk”.

How many tickets are you needing to get rid of?

I will be driving up from Fort Worth just like last time. The pregame was a good experience before with a lot of friendly OU fans. According to some of my Univ of Texas friends, the atmosphere is very different than when OU plays conference games.

I would say the atmosphere is different depending on the foe and the circumstances. In 2017 we played TCU and we were #'s 6 & 7 ranked respectively. It was a night game. I believe it was our largest crowd with ND and TOSU next. If it's a day game vs say UTEP, yes, it's is more subdued. Kansas does not get folks fired up like OK. State. We are no different than most programs. I live in Texas and have attended numerous games at DKR. At Texas the common theme is come late and leave early. They have a notoriously blase fan base.

I can’t blame you. I’ve got a nephew that might be going. Last time 4 of us made the trip. I’m not sure if I’m going to be able to make it, I’ve got a newborn and like you said, there is a “risk”.

How many tickets are you needing to get rid of?
Not necessarily trying to get rid of my tickets. I have family who will use them if the game is played and attended.

Where do y'all think Tennessee would be ranked if they were 3-0 going into the Florida game?

I have a hard time envisioning an undefeated Vols team boasting a win in Norman being ranked any lower than #15 and, if we begin the season ranked inside the Top 25, there’s a great chance Tennessee would be ranked #10 or so.

I have a hard time envisioning an undefeated Vols team boasting a win in Norman being ranked any lower than #15 and, if we begin the season ranked inside the Top 25, there’s a great chance Tennessee would be ranked #10 or so.
I think if Tennessee is unranked going into the season and start off 3-0 that they'll be ranked in the #10-#15 range and this could be a special season.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
I'll be there, we have a group of 8 going together and are meeting another group of 14. We've had reservations at Embassy Suites By Hilton of Norman for 8 months. It'll be my 2nd trip to Norman, I've been to much better atmospheres, but much worse too. We'll be in the hotel lounge the night before the game and at BJs Restaurant and Brewhouse on gameday for some pregame libations.

Got our hotel reservations already. Was going with a couple of friends from the Oak Ridge/Clinton area...but the male one got the female one all preggers and she’s due the next weekend.
Butchna we are still coming, if you need to unload a couple tickets let me know.

My son and I went the last time. Bought tickets at a reasonable price about two hours before game time. Everyone was nice but they might have a bad post game attitude this year because WGWTFA!!!

Reactions: MemphisVol77
Sounds good if I pick up some would you like me to get you 2?
If they’re good seats. Last game in Norman, we sat at the top and my then GF wasn’t as ok with it as me. She’s got blood clot issues. When we met in College Station, she had been in charge of getting the tickets. Beggars choosers and I’m not 100% sure she wants to go this time. So if you can dump em easy enough I say yeah. Been looking forward to this game since it was scheduled.

Reactions: UT_Dutchman
No shot we’d be in top 10. I would guess 18-22.

You will be refunded for these tickets. They aren’t putting 100k in stadiums. Better be a big time booster or family member or you are on the couch.

I think if Tennessee is unranked going into the season and start off 3-0 that they'll be ranked in the #10-#15 range and this could be a special season.

If, and only if we get good QB play. I feel good about the rest of the team, but inconsistency at the most crucial position has killed us for years now.

Reactions: vols 30
Who is planning to go? (I know it is a crazy time, assuming that we will have reached some normalcy).

Tickets go on sale May 15.

Advice from those that went last time?

I went in 2014. It’s a great road trip. Top notch fans.

I don’t think you’ll regret making the trip.

Reactions: allvol123
I've mentioned this before but those of you who were in Norman in 2014 will find visitor seating somewhat different. The south EZ, where a lot of visitor seating was situated has been enclosed with suites so no visitor seating now. Section 35 on the south end of the east stands is still visitor seating and that's where your band will sit. The new visitor seating is split between high in the NE corner of the North EZ and in the east side upper deck at the south end, above section 35.

VN Store

Back