Oklahoma at Neyland

We couldn't get Baker Mayfield on the ground in the 4th. Our pass rush was great but we couldn't catch him. He made more than one drive extending play.
We sack him once in those situations and we win. His feet were too good. Mind-boggling.

We couldn't get Baker Mayfield on the ground in the 4th. Our pass rush was great but we couldn't catch him. He made more than one drive extending play.
We sack him once in those situations and we win. His feet were too good. Mind-boggling.

I was about to blow a gasket. We couldn’t get him down, and we had pressure almost every drop back.

Reactions: TAF
Fourth and goal from the half yard line on your first big drive and the entire -- the ENTIRE -- stadium was yelling for Butch to go for it. Instead he kicks it. Half a yard. Biggest home game in forever. A chance to put Tennessee on the radar for real. For crying out loud, just GO for it. You have _nothing_ to lose. Everything to gain. So go get it. When he kicked that ball, I knew right then and there he'd never win the big one at Tennessee. Him talking about the charts afterward just made it that much more obvious.

Reactions: VolGirl81
Yep. Let’s run Kamara on short yardage and leave the 230 lb back on the sideline . Brilliant. Still pisses me off. Also I still really want someone to put Stryker in his place for his post game bull$hit .
That 230lb back was the second or 3rd easiest back to tackle I've eeen at UT outside of Neal and Poole.

That 230lb back was the second or 3rd easiest back to tackle I've eeen at UT outside of Neal and Poole.
You're memory doesn't serve you well. Florida 2015 he drug defenders, Outback bowl vs Northwestern, threw defensive linemen on their arses. You may not like the fact he transferred...but tackling him was no simple feat to be accomplished.

That Goal line Field goal and then not going for 2 at the end of the Florida game is what me ready for a change.

Why do you kick the extra point when it is just going to put you up by a two points?

Those two bone head decisions still make me irritated at the whole Jones tenure.

I don't care what his chart said as it was obviously a terrible chart.

Reactions: NighthawkVol
Im still pissed that Colton Jumper was on the field over Kirkland. Kirkland goes on to be on the All Freshman team that year. No disrespect to Jumper, but Kirkland was much better and faster pre-injury. If Jumper doesnt hold on 2 different 4th down conversions, UT wins the game. That said, it should not have come down to that.

Florida game that year too. I don't know how many times he just gave himself to a blocker that game. It was like he thought he was a nose tackle who was supposed to absorb blockers so others could make the tackle...except he was the MLB who was supposed to make the tackle.

You're memory doesn't serve you well. Florida 2015 he drug defenders, Outback bowl vs Northwestern, threw defensive linemen on their arses. You may not like the fact he transferred...but tackling him was no simple feat to be accomplished.
Yeah 2 games. Neal also had a good run agaisnt Auburn I remember. Poole...

Butch Blew it. Kicked a field goal from the one yard line because a conventional down hill running scheme wasn't thought to be of any use. What was worse was that we didn't run the clock all the way down when we had the lead late into the 4th quarter. Oklahoma had a good team and good coaches but Butch's inability to manage a football game is and was unforgivable. Neyland was ridiculously deafening that night it was an amazing experience. My section in the east upper deck refused to sit down all night. In short it was a perfect night until wasn't.

Reactions: livefaith
Can anyone refresh me as how we played when they came here. Wasn't we in the game up to the last and Goof ball Jones blowed it?
In the first half Dobbs ran through them like a dose of exlax...But then in typical Butch Jones style he got lazy and conservative and it cost us the game.

Reactions: MaTaLa

VN Store

Back