Officiating (merged)

I was also shocked to see Kentucky draining 3's. If they can keep that up, they have to be heavy favorites to win the national title.

If they are able to hit threes, Kentucky will be very difficult to beat.

I'm not even joking. I don't know that I have ever been this disappointed with the refs, but it's got to stop. It happened in football and it happens in basketball. They ride the leagues leaders jocks so that they can go undefeated and or top seed.

Happened with Alabama and Florida this year in Football
Kentucky in basketball
Add Vandy to that list too.

And the action and defense was just as intense in those AAU games. LOL

And they played roughly half the minutes. Whine about tired all you want. We are less talented, less athletic and shoot warse than a poor shooting team. We need bad things from KY to win. We didn't get them. Instead, our foul prone leader gets in foul trouble and our PG play is an utter embarrassment. Tired is a weak excuse. We scored 4 points in the first 8 minutes. That's not legs.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

When Chism misses a wide-open lay-up when we're down by 9, I find it hard to balme refs....

But they sure didn't help the cause either.

I don't know if you guys have heard or not but there are only 9 teams that are younger than Kentucky but ther are zero teams with more talent . . . . . :banghead2: how many time will that scumbag Dykes say that tomorrow?

so how many times do you want us to keep beating UK in football? anyway yea cousins can push our players down and not get a call for it

Did you see cousins push pearl into the front row seats and didn't get called for it I couldn't believe my eyes.

I was disappointed that he never got a technical. The team kinda needed a boost today.

The way UK defended and shot the 3 today, there wasn't that much Pearl could have done from the bench to make things better, IMO.

Comparing the SEC Semi-finals to an AAU game is remarkable.

Who did? Telling me that 3 games in 3 days is unbearable at 21 is the height of stupid. You ever done either to compare to two?

Now, walk me through, since you're experenced, 4 points in 8 minutes out of the gate? This will be cute.

A player is going to do it for us at some point if the SEC doesn't take action. Chism should get a lot of credit for being so calm through all that. And, as much as Williams complains when calls go against him, he also maintained his composure.

I'm reminded of the 1991 SEC Tournament when Shaquille O'Neil showed his backside (for the sensitive).

You get a bad attitude guy on the court who constantly endures getting fouled with no call and there is going to be a brawl to make that UT/LSU game look tame.

I tried to make this point in a separate post, but someone has too much time on their hands today.

The only positive, if you can stomach to watch the game tomorrow is to see Vandy and Stallings get jobbed by the Rupperees.

baby_crying_closeup.jpg

I second that motion

Quit being a bunch of crybabies. Officiating was not that bad and it certainly didn't have a bearing on us getting our asses kicked. Our guys looked tired and banged up. We couldn't get a rebound or make a layup to save our lives. That would be why we lost.

CBP should have had somebody in the game to do what needed to be done so that Goins didn't have to get the suspension. But, hey, at least Melvin gets it - if the zebras are gonna let let the shoving, grabbing, cheap shots, and mouthing go on all day and refuse to call fouls on the guys in white, you take matters into your own hands (or elbow)!

+1 This is what I'm saying. BB in general is attracting more thuggish players, not less. And one day one of those thugs is going to really take matters into his own hands and cold-cock an opposing player in Blue or an opposing ref in Blue.

After the screwing MSU got at home against KY, the conference had better make sure Vandy gets to the championship game because MSU already feels like they got Ruped at home. I could see one of their guys losing it in the face of the jobbing.

I would have taken my players off the court without shaking hands when the game was over. I wish Pearl would have done that. KY does not play with good sportsmenship, and Calamari does not coach with good sportsmanship. Statements such as we are playing to win by 25 shows his lack of sportsanship. Also while im at it, Cousins is a punk, and a weak punk at that. That elbow by Goins had about as much chance of "hurting" Cousins as I have. What an actor and wimp. And then he laughs and jokes about it afterward with Calamari.
BOTTOM LINE -- I HATE KENTUCKY. :machgun::gun::disappointed:

In my opinion, the officiating has been bad in sports for the past year. I don't like it because it takes away from my pleasure of the game. Getting beaten or beaten badly in any sport is bad. Throw in obvious one sided officiating and it really sours the game experience for fans. Here's the problem-coaches aren't complaining. If coaches or someone in authority doesn't complain, then the NCAA doesn't have a problem. The only way fan complaints would register with the NCAA would be in reduced ticket sales and attendance. And, that's not going to happen. I need to learn to internalize my own complaining 'cause it has to be affecting another fan's good game experience. OK, I'm through complaining now. Think Ill go have some ice cream.

If you email, please please make sure you know the difference between too and to.

We were pathetic in all phases today and deserved to lose, but a legitimate, non-biased crew of refs will have Kentucky in major foul-trouble before the end of the 1st half in the N.C.A.A.'s. The Cat's will not get away with the blatant muggings that they did today. Book it and just watch. Go Bulldogs!!!

Stop blaming the refs, we simply played like crap. Even if the refs were fair, we wouldve lost by 10-15 points. so stfu

VN Store

Back