Official WBB NCAA tournament thread 2024

Already looks like the officials are going to let UConn maul USC due to the size and depth difference. And Geno is always whining about the physicality.

Glad the team that stayed on the court for the National Anthem was victorious.
Can't say the refs help Iowa Hawkeyes
My opinion LSU tigers got away with More contact

I was fine with everything tonight bc everything felt like genuine passion and nothing was taunting. I hate when AR can't keep the back in forth in context of the game, like taunting the bench, etc. But none of that tonight. I think they all ended up respecting each other too much to misbehave and spoil it.
I find that with Angel, there's a degree of "Don't start none, won't be none". If you open your mouth, Angel will go into full blown roast mode no matter who you are. And frankly I'm ok with that.

I think she largely does. Once Iowa started pulling away, you didn't see Angel running her mouth.

Contrary to others here, I'm actually a big fan of Reese. I like her passion and willingness to be a character. The fact that she can get as good as she gives makes me appreciate her antics even more.
You usually don't talk trash when you are getting beat.

And what was the score in the LSU-Tenn game when Rickea blocked Angel's shot and had something to say afterwards?
Did you see Rickea's rules? They're actually awesome. One of them is no talking when you're behind. Another is never start it, but always finish it. Maybe gimme that sh*t was just finishing things previously started lol.

I think Rickea's first rule is the most important: don't bully, keep it fun.

Did you see Rickea's rules? They're actually awesome. One of them is no talking when you're behind. Another is never start it, but always finish it. Maybe gimme that sh*t was just finishing things previously started lol.

I think Rickea's first rule is the most important: don't bully, keep it fun.
True, but then again I'm pretty sure that was towards the end of the game and LSU already had the game all but won. If anything, LSU already had finished things up and they were behind, so she pretty much broke all of her rules.

In spite of what many say, I don't think Angel is a bully about it anymore than other mouthy players. She's having an absolute ball out there. And like I said in a previous post, the fact that she can take it and not hold off-court grudges shows that it's all part of the performance for her.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
How was that UConn arm swarm on Watkins not a foul...?

I'm looking forward to the next brush on a UConn player ponytail being called an intentional foul...

Reactions: VolBall09
How was that UConn arm swarm on Watkins not a foul...?

I'm looking forward to the next brush on a UConn player ponytail being called an intentional foul...

Officials calling them finally and it’s making UConn lose their mind. Really thought the officials were just content to let them maul them.

Reactions: Gilmore and Amb3096
It would certainly be the mother of all storybook endings if Caitlin Clark and Iowa won the national championship, wouldn't it? My goodness.

As fairytale-y as that would be, I have a feeling CC won her last collegiate game tonight. I don't see there NOT being a huge letdown, energy-wise, after the effort it took to beat LSU tonight in their next game. Even if they're feeling good I still have some doubt they'd get by either Southern Cal or Connecticut. Looks like it is tied at the moment, but I suspect my gag-inducing pre-season prediction that CT will again reach the FF will come true, and I don't think the Hawkeyes will beat them. 🤮

And if Iowa found absolute magic and reached the final, it'll likely be against South Carolina, and I think they'll be ready to beat Iowa.

But in all honesty, I'm too depressed to care who wins. This is just an awful week for Tennessee fans.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I was about to say that the Watkins Clark range 3 attempt was an awful shot during a scoring drought...until she swished it straight through.

VN Store

Back