Official Watch Party Thread (NCAAT seeding edition)

bleedingTNorange

A poster asked the other day when I would start one of these, was gonna wait a few more weeks but heck, it’s really cold out and seems like a great day to sit around and watch college basketball so figured why not. I’m years past this has been a bubble watch thread, we were fringe bubble team and so I would post other games with bubble teams and note who we were rooting for in those games. In more recent years under Barnes this has become more about what our seed will be in the dance and not will we make the dance, making these threads much less stressful for sure.

To keep things fairly simply I’ll adjust to what our projected seed is on http://bracketmatrix.com/ each time I post a days slate of games, and I’ll go 3 seeds in each direction. So for example today is the first edition, we are a projected 4 seed so I will probably go about 3 seed lines in each direction, so I’ll share games from 1 seeds to 7 seeds, that’s probably stretching it a bit but will give a good slate of games.

Bolded team is who we want to win.

Todays games:
Duke vs. Louisville
LSU vs. TCU
Michigan
vs. Michigan State
Oklahoma vs. Auburn
Xavier vs. Creighton
Missouri
vs. Iowa State
Arizona State vs. Arizona
Baylor vs. Alabama
St. John’s
vs. Villanova
Illinois vs. Northwestern
Kentucky vs. Kansas
Mississippi State
vs. Texas Tech
UCONN vs. DePaul
California
vs. USC
Houston vs. UCF
BYU vs. Pacific
Portland
vs. Gonzaga
Stanford vs. UCLA

Last edited:
Todays games:
Duke vs. Louisville
LSU vs. TCU
Michigan
vs. Michigan State
Oklahoma vs. Auburn
Xavier vs. Creighton
Missouri
vs. Iowa State
Baylor vs. Alabama
St. John’s
vs. Villanova
Kentucky vs. Kansas
Mississippi State
vs. Texas Tech
UCONN vs. DePaul
California
vs. USC
Houston vs. UCF
BYU vs. Pacific
Portland
vs. Gonzaga
Stanford vs. UCLA
A little torn on the Bama game

I’ll also add UNC over NC State. Help keep UNC as a Tier 1 win

Todays games:
Duke vs. Louisville
LSU vs. TCU
Michigan
vs. Michigan State
Oklahoma vs. Auburn
Xavier vs. Creighton
Missouri
vs. Iowa State
Baylor vs. Alabama
St. John’s
vs. Villanova
Kentucky vs. Kansas
Mississippi State
vs. Texas Tech
UCONN vs. DePaul
California
vs. USC
Houston vs. UCF
BYU vs. Pacific
Portland
vs. Gonzaga
Stanford vs. UCLA
Appreciate it! Makes watching the basketball games more fun when I know who to root for that will help us come tournament time

It seems like we have an opportunity to go 7-3 down the stretch. That should be good enough for the 3 seed in the SECT. Losses vs Kentucky, at Arkansas, vs Auburn. The next few games will be tougher than originally anticipated at the start of the season but I’m hopeful we can pull those out.

Reactions: Willy14
It seems like we have an opportunity to go 7-3 down the stretch. That should be good enough for the 3 seed in the SECT. Losses vs Kentucky, at Arkansas, vs Auburn. The next few games will be tougher than originally anticipated at the start of the season but I’m hopeful we can pull those out.

I’m going to say we go 7-3, but the losses aren’t what we expect. I just have this weird feeling we are going to beat Kentucky and Auburn and then lose at Mississippi State and Missouri. This team is pretty bipolar. We play really well at home and look completely different on the road. I just would not be shocked at all if we beat UK and AU and dropped two games we shouldn’t.

Reactions: VolPack22
I’m going to say we go 7-3, but the losses aren’t what we expect. I just have this weird feeling we are going to beat Kentucky and Auburn and then lose at Mississippi State and Missouri. This team is pretty bipolar. We play really well at home and look completely different on the road. I just would not be shocked at all if we beat UK and AU and dropped two games we shouldn’t.
I would not be surprised by that one bit either. It is really hard to gauge what this team will look like game to game. At least we have a consistently good defense, however that is about the only thing that stays relatively the same from game to game.

Tonight’s games:
Butler vs. Xavier
Tulane vs. Houston
Wisconsin vs. Illinois
Villanova vs. Marquette

Not sure about those last 3 games…Wisconsin is ahead of us, Illinois is pretty even with us. Marquette is behind us a few spots and Nova quite a ways ahead.

Last edited:
Tonight’s games:
Butler vs. Xavier
Tulane vs. Houston
Wisconsin vs. Illinois
Villanova vs. Marquette

Not sure about those last 3 games…Wisconsin is ahead of us, Illinois is pretty even with us. Marquette is behind us a few spots and Nova quite a ways ahead.
Wisconsin/Illinois is a tossup in my mind. I lean Marquette

To win. It bring them both closer but I’d rather not limit the potential upside in seeding by helping to further cement Villanova up there. Also looking out Villanova’s remaining schedule looks relatively good. More losses out there for Marquette
Makes sense, thanks.

VN Store

Back