Official: UT hires Kim Caldwell as the new coach for Lady Vols basketball

Welcome Coach. This hire tells me that after handful of names who chose not to come to Rocky TOP DW after many interviews really liked Kim's interview the best and believes more in her than other coaches like Colorado Coach or Gonzaga even Oklahoma type of Coach that we could of hired. Caldwell can Coach really well because winning at her percentage is not by accident. Only thing we need to see is recruiting at this level which she understands wins 🏆 with Elite talent. Welcome Coach Jewel Spears eyes just lit up. In CHRIST Alone

I’m sorry but this just isn’t a good hire. I cannot wrap my head around firing kellie who has proven she can atleast win for this. It’s a slap in the face.
No it’s not it is change and it may or may not be for the better but change was definitely needed. New ideas, a new offensive system,a new way of recruiting all of this needed to change

I called this would be a mid major coach who is up and coming. Any fan who felt a “big” was coming for the job was delusional.

That doesn’t make it a bad hire. I thought Harper was a good, not great one and think there is slightly more potential with this one but of course no one knows.

Dozens of posts here have sang the praises of AD DW and his ability to hire winners. Let’s see if those same fans stand with him on this one.

I like the hire. After dealing with Kellie's utter ineptitude over the last five seasons, it'll be nice to have someone in charge who actually knows how to coach (as evidenced by Caldwell's record). She has the chance to be something special once high-quality players start coming in, another area at which KJH was laughably deficient for a decorated former Lady Vol.
What makes u think she will get elite recruits to come here?

Except for the teams she was playing against.
bc those teams make up the collective of the sister of the blind schools in that conference. that’s not a good conference. the only team with a pulse in that conference is JMU, and they are still really bad.

Signed no players this year at Marshall. Has stated direct quote "recruiting is not my strength and I have to learn how to do that at the division 1 level." Her star player left the team 6 games into the season to join another team. Has played one ranked team in her career as a head coach - and lost that game by 43 points. Doesn't scream excitement to me.
I have no words after reading that quote.

I’m sorry but this just isn’t a good hire. I cannot wrap my head around firing kellie who has proven she can atleast win for this. It’s a slap in the face.
Kellie was fired at a power 5 school before she came here. At least Kim has shown she can win and turn programs around. I'm giving her a chance. Also, trust our AD who has a proven track record with hiring up and comers.

At least be knowledgeable about stuff before you post, Kellie took Missouri State to the Sweet Sixteen before she got here. What’s not impressive about that?
She did a great job as a Mid-major coach. She could never get the players or enough top players as a Power five coach. This is the only worry with this coach. She runs a great system both on offense and defense, but players make the coach we see that all the time. So she don't have enough here right now we'll see how it looks in three weeks.

Reactions: krichunaka

VN Store

Back