Official Smokey Greys for Music City Bowl

I'd like to thank 82 for inspiring the awesome comments and memes in this thread😬

Reactions: 2 people
I'd like to thank 82 for inspiring the awesome comments and memes in this thread😬

funny-gif-baby-laughing-scared.gif

Reactions: 6 people
Or they could have done nothing at all. It may not be everything but it's something.

Quit your butching and just accept we had a disappointing season. Be glad we're even contending in the SEC again and made it to the top 25 this year.

People who butch all the time get on my nerves, too.

I find it amusing that some of you get your feelings hurt over a uniform. You act like if Tennessee plays in anything other than orange that it somehow takes away from the team or you won't be able to enjoy the game. There is nothing wrong with the smoky grays and if it brings more awareness and donations, help, etc. then they should go for it. Gray is part of the school colors so you might as well get used to seeing it. Some of you people will find something to ***** about no matter what, if they were wearing orange you'd complain about the shade of it.

Reactions: 3 people
The Smokey Grey should be wore more throughout the season! Seems to pump up the players! Regardless of the old school Orange and White fans say, I'm all in for even more color schemes. if it helps recruiting, I say bring it! For example, I love the bright "chrome" helmets that teams wear. JMO! I'm sure I will get alot of - on this post.

Reactions: 2 people
Looks like Smoky Gray would be the ultimate insult if you ask me. I think those people have had enough smoky gray. Go big ORANGE.

Reactions: 1 person
We shouldn't even discuss it. Obviously some people hate it, others love it. But we cannot agree on anything so why even try to convince or persuade the other side. We're just stuck with a forum full of whining, arguing, and complaining. Oh wait, excuse me, that's the whole purpose of VolNation lol.

In all seriousness, I love the idea because of the ties, proximity, and history between Tennessee and the Smokies. It's not like they just chose to wear the smokey greys over our traditional orange and white colors. I know the Tennessee orange and Nebraska red would have looked great in a traditional powerhouse battle, but they are doing it for a great reason, and like others say, if it raises more awareness and generates more donations then I am all for it. I remember my undergrad days at Tennessee and I cannot count how many days and nights I scooted off to Gatlinburg for a getaway. Heck, the helmets even have the Great Smoky Mountains painted on them...

Reactions: 3 people
In all seriousness, I love the idea because of the ties, proximity, and history between Tennessee and the Smokies. It's not like they just chose to wear the smokey greys over our traditional orange and white colors. I know the Tennessee orange and Nebraska red would have looked great in a traditional powerhouse battle, but they are doing it for a great reason, and like others say, if it raises more awareness and generates more donations then I am all for it. I remember my undergrad days at Tennessee and I cannot count how many days and nights I scooted off to Gatlinburg for a getaway. Heck, the helmets even have the Great Smoky Mountains painted on them...

My sentiments exactly! Go VOLS!

VN Store

Back