Official Smokey Greys for Music City Bowl

Many ways the school could honor those that suffered instead of a grey jersey symbolic move.

How about contributing some or all of the bowl payout to a recovery fund or the Red Cross for example? Bet the folks in East Tennessee would appreciate that more than some symbolism on TV that they probably can't watch due to no TV anymore.

Weak argument.

I prefer they wear orange and white in the bowl game myself however if the team wearing the smokey gray jersey's brings more attention (and more money) to the the people of Sevier County I'm all for it.

Reactions: 5 people
Not mad at that.

It would be cooler if they donated some of the proceeds. ....but cool, nonetheless.

Reactions: 2 people
Many ways the school could honor those that suffered instead of a grey jersey symbolic move.

How about contributing some or all of the bowl payout to a recovery fund or the Red Cross for example? Bet the folks in East Tennessee would appreciate that more than some symbolism on TV that they probably can't watch due to no TV anymore.

Weak argument.

i agree the payout would be nice, but my observation of you being an a$$hole was not an argument, just an observation....that i compared to my own lack of empathy.....

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 people
I love the Smokey Grey unis. And I love this gesture.

Yeah sure, its easy to say that donating money would be better. That much is obvious. But that doesn't make wearing the Smokey Greys any less of an awesome and classy gesture, IMO.

Reactions: 8 people
Nice.

Anyone know if they will auction them off after the game to contribute to donation? I would love to get one of those helmets.

At your service. We can re-visit after the game and see who is right. With our D, we will get mauled by a school that exists to run over everyone.

It ain't about the game you dumb ass. It's about the people that lost everything in the fire.

Reactions: 12 people

Weak argument.

But think of how many times the fires/victims will be mentioned because of them wearing them to a national audience. It may inspire some football fans who don't follow the regular news to donate, regardless if we win or not. Just a thought.

Reactions: 8 people
But think of how many times the fires/victims will be mentioned because of them wearing them to a national audience. It may inspire some football fans who don't follow the regular news to donate, regardless if we win or not. Just a thought.

Precisely.

I'd prefer Orange jerseys since we are the Big Orange.

Orange jerseys would look good with the pants and helmets being the Smokies.

I'd also like to hear it many times on the tv why we're doing this and also that Tennessee is making at least $250,000. donation to help the peole and also a legit site for more donations.

I have zero problems with using this Bowl game as a solid fundraiser to help all those people in serious need.

Go get this important WIN guys!!!

VFL...GBO!!!

Reactions: 1 person
At your service. We can re-visit after the game and see who is right. With our D, we will get mauled by a school that exists to run over everyone.

What does that have to do with anything? We're talking about unis and honoring the Gatlinburg victims. Neither of which will have any effect on the outcome of the game.

Nice.

Anyone know if they will auction them off after the game to contribute to donation? I would love to get one of those helmets.

You can buy the helmets already. Alumni Hall has them.

You realize football is probably the least of worries for people affected by the fire. If wearing orange for an overall meaningless game is more important than raising awareness and honoring those affected by the tragedy, you may need to find a different hobby.

Reactions: 4 people
Last edited:

Weak argument.

Remember that annoying Ice Bucket Challenge? People said the same thing about it being meaningless as well, except they raised over $200 million because of the awareness it spread. AND they directly attribute a breakthrough in research to that burst.

It was a criminally underreported event in some of the most beautiful land in the world. This could do wonders to aid in that region's recovery.

Tennessee spent $1.4 million to go to the Outback Bowl and only had a profit of $15,687. With all of the threads about financial mismanagement of our AD and the hole we're still digging out of, do you expect them to take a nearly $1.5 million hit on the chin for this? They should donate, but to eat it all away would be irresponsible.

Awareness does work.

Reactions: 9 people
Remember that annoying Ice Bucket Challenge? People said the same thing about it being meaningless as well, except they raised over $200 million because of the awareness it spread. AND they directly attribute a breakthrough in research to that burst.

It was a criminally underreported event in some of the most beautiful land in the world. This could do wonders to aid in that region's recovery.

Tennessee spent $1.4 million to go to the Outback Bowl and only had a profit of $15,687. With all of the threads about financial mismanagement of our AD and the hole we're still digging out of, do you expect them to take a nearly $1.5 million hit on the chin for this? They should donate, but to eat it all away would be irresponsible.

Awareness does work.

This. Also, countless players have donated their time, during finals and bowl prep, to provide aid in Gatlinburg.

angry+old+man+(2).jpg

Reactions: 6 people
It ain't about the game you dumb ass. It's about the people that lost everything in the fire.

Do you really think the people who lost everything care about what color UT wears in a bowl game? Looks like our values system has finally failed us here.

VN Store

Back