Official Seed List Watch Party Thread

Cheap tech, for sure, but his reputation go him there.
Sure, but this is what I just said in the game thread about that:
"I can see reputation factoring in if you're going to the monitor to see if an elbow was intentional or not. You've got to be able to judge intention somehow. But it doesnt just change things that aren't fouls/techs into fouls/techs. Or at least it shouldn't"
Just call the games, its hard enough to call fouls accurately before trying to factor in all the players' respective reputations

Sure, but this is what I just said in the game thread about that:

"I can see reputation factoring in if you're going to the monitor to see if an elbow was intentional or not. You've got to be able to judge intention somehow. But it doesnt just change things that aren't fouls/techs into fouls/techs. Or at least it shouldn't"

Just call the games, its hard enough to call fouls accurately before trying to factor in all the players' respective reputations
I'm not saying it's right. I'm just saying that it is the human factor in officiating.

In any case, the official clarified that the reason it was called was because it was directed at a player and not just a general display of emotion, thus falling under the definition of taunting.

Reactions: tennrich1
I'm not saying it's right. I'm just saying that it is the human factor in officiating.

In any case, the official clarified that the reason it was called was because it was directed at a player and not just a general display of emotion, thus falling under the definition of taunting.
Yeah, then call that consistently and not just players who have (deserved, in this case) “reps”. I’ve seen dozens of players direct that taunt directly at another player and I think this is maybe the second time I’ve seen it called

Todays games:
12pm: Virginia vs. Virginia Tech
12pm: Kansas vs. Iowa State
12pm: Connecticut vs. Georgetown
1pm: Texas Tech vs. Baylor
2pm: Butler vs. Marquette
2pm: TCU vs. Oklahoma State
4pm: Purdue vs. Indiana
4pm: Alabama vs. LSU
4pm: Texas vs. Kansas State
5pm: St. John’s vs. Xavier
7pm: Washington State vs. UCLA
9:30pm: Oregon State vs. Arizona
10:30pm: Gonzaga vs. St. Mary’s

Kansas, Texas and Gonzaga games are all good/bad outcomes, went with the home team as road wins are impressive and also in all 3 situations the road team is projected as higher seed than home team currently.
3-3 so far. Georgetown and Butler came close. Indiana and K-State looking good

Gonna go back to 1-5 seeds for right now, as expected we fall off the 1 line with the loss to Florida…

1. Purdue L
2. Alabama W
3. Kansas L
4. Houston
———————
5. Tennessee W
6. Arizona
7. Texas W
8. UCLA
———————
9. Kansas State L
10. Virginia L
11. Baylor W
12. Gonzaga
———————
13. Xavier
14. Iowa State W
15. Marquette W
16. TCU L
———————
17. Connecticut W
18. St. Mary’s
19. Rutgers
20. Illinois

Reactions: Volprofch05
Cheap tech, for sure, but his reputation go him there.

If his “and 1” was called, he wouldn’t have gotten it. I will never understand a player’s size not getting a foul called.

It’s poor officiating though. You go over there and tell him to not do it again.

We have fans that raved about our baseball team’s antics yet criticize Uros. I’m trying to reconcile those.

Not a perfect day, but a pretty solid day for what we needed to happen. Two very winnable games this week for the Vols. Absolutely HAVE to have those wins.

1. Purdue L
2. Alabama W
3. Kansas L
4. Houston
———————
5. Tennessee W
6. Arizona W
7. Texas W
8. UCLA W
———————
9. Kansas State L
10. Virginia L
11. Baylor W
12. Gonzaga L
———————
13. Xavier W
14. Iowa State W
15. Marquette W
16. TCU L
———————
17. Connecticut W
18. St. Mary’s W
19. Rutgers
20. Illinois

1. Purdue L
2. Alabama W
3. Kansas L
4. Houston
———————
5. Tennessee W
6. Arizona W
7. Texas W
8. UCLA W
———————
9. Kansas State L
10. Virginia L
11. Baylor W
12. Gonzaga L
———————
13. Xavier W
14. Iowa State W
15. Marquette W
16. TCU L
———————
17. Connecticut W
18. St. Mary’s W
19. Rutgers
20. Illinois
I’m assuming you think we will still stay at the first 2 seed even after Kansas and Purdue lost right? If Kansas drops down to 2 I could see Arizona jumping us

1. Purdue L
2. Alabama W
3. Kansas L
4. Houston
———————
5. Tennessee W
6. Arizona W
7. Texas W
8. UCLA W
———————
9. Kansas State L
10. Virginia L
11. Baylor W
12. Gonzaga L
———————
13. Xavier W
14. Iowa State W
15. Marquette W
16. TCU L
———————
17. Connecticut W
18. St. Mary’s W
19. Rutgers
20. Illinois

What an absolute log jam. This might be the year that a high seed isn’t nearly as much of an advantage. Maybe to avoid the top couple of teams like Purdue or Bama or Houston before the Final 4. But there is a lot of parity all the way into the unranked. This year the seeding might not be so much a path while playing increasingly difficult competition as it’s simply going to be determining the order in which they are played. #6 or #7 could be as difficult as #30 this year.

Reactions: WillisWG
Yea, I think Arizona moves to a 1 and Kansas falls below us as a 2.
Also is there a big difference between a 1 and a 2? I feel like both give you about an equal shot to get to the S16 but I believe I read somewhere that statically 1 seeds get farther in the tourney.

Also is there a big difference between a 1 and a 2? I feel like both give you about an equal shot to get to the S16 but I believe I read somewhere that statically 1 seeds get farther in the tourney.

It's large. #1 seeds have a 41 percent probability to make the FF. #2 seeds falls all the way to 21 percent. #3 12 percent.

VN Store

Back