Official offseason posting contest: Number I (winner chosen)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's just something special about a homegrown mater sammich.

Stubbs the cat has passed away (he was the mayor of Talkeetna, AK).

Good luck! We have about a month off from swimming, then practice starts back. School season starts in October, but they'll be practicing by the end of August.

Our tournaments are spread out somewhat. We could probably go shoot somewhere every weekend, but we try to pick and choose. Shooting is year round though. My older boy shoots young adult and will be shooting against some of the best in the country.
Competition not quit as stiff for the younger one. He is 12 shooting in a 12-14 age group, so that makes it a little tougher for him. He will have to make some 50 yard shots.

Our tournaments are spread out somewhat. We could probably go shoot somewhere every weekend, but we try to pick and choose. Shooting is year round though. My older boy shoots young adult and will be shooting against some of the best in the country.
Competition not quit as stiff for the younger one. He is 12 shooting in a 12-14 age group, so that makes it a little tougher for him. He will have to make some 50 yard shots.

I've never really been into archery, but bought my daughter a bow recently because she wants to hunt. I mean I've shot them, just never owned one, or am not an expert. She did it at school and liked it. We'll see how she does with it.

I've never really been into archery, but bought my daughter a bow recently because she wants to hunt. I mean I've shot them, just never owned one, or am not an expert. She did it at school and liked it. We'll see how she does with it.

Be sure to post the video of her shooting an apple off your head. :)

Seriously, that sounds fun.

Reactions: 1 person

My son got started in 4-H. He is pretty good and works hard at it. He shoots 1200-1500 arrows a week. He has recently shot 300 w 60 Xs a couple times in the back yard. Perfect score is very difficult to shoot.

My son got started in 4-H. He is pretty good and works hard at it. He shoots 1200-1500 arrows a week. He has recently shot 300 w 60 Xs a couple times in the back yard. Perfect score is very difficult to shoot.

Dang, that's a lot of shooting. I guess you have to in order to get good.

Beautiful day in Georgia. Won't be long until football!

Coworker and I sat at lunch last night and watched UT vs tamu,trying to see where our Vols would hopefully improve,hoping it would speed the offseason up, no luck!

Go Vols! Keep grinding!

Coworker and I sat at lunch last night and watched UT vs tamu,trying to see where our Vols would hopefully improve,hoping it would speed the offseason up, no luck!

Go Vols! Keep grinding!

120 was loose with the ball. That needs to improve.

Friend of mine caught an 8lb walleye the other day. We're gonna try and go Friday, I haven't eaten any in a while.

I do feel ya, I worked at the lumber yard for 7 years, and it was miserable at times.

Roof for a day. Most under appreciated profession.

Resealing a parking lot gets hot as well.

Both better than a pig farm.

The air went out, still better than bailing hay. "Make hay when the sun shines.", such balony. Start when it's dark, work till it's done, trust me it's dark. That's when you can look to the sky and love the Moon. Enough light to throw bails on the back of the trailer. Never happier to see the Tn Orange sky as that "big hard sun" disappears into the night.

The right answer is round bales. Square bails are for hobos.

Roof for a day. Most under appreciated profession.

Resealing a parking lot gets hot as well.

Both better than a pig farm.

The air went out, still better than bailing hay. "Make hay when the sun shines.", such balony. Start when it's dark, work till it's done, trust me it's dark. That's when you can look to the sky and love the Moon. Enough light to throw bails on the back of the trailer. Never happier to see the Tn Orange sky as that "big hard sun" disappears into the night.

The right answer is round bales. Square bails are for hobos.

I've worked the hay field a few times, that's some work. Not counting the yellow jackets, snakes, and other crap that'll try to eat you in the field.

I've worked the hay field a few times, that's some work. Not counting the yellow jackets, snakes, and other crap that'll try to eat you in the field.

After blowing the beaver dam, to recover land for a corn field and walking the levy killing snakes with left and right, you realize that before the levy you walked down to the dam and caught fish. Well a fish. It was an alligator garr(Scariest fish ever. A snake with an alligator mouth.), first one I ever saw, I felt like I was in the land of the lost. It was getting dark so I got on out of there. Not realizing I was amongst thousands of poisonous snakes. I now have an unhealthy fear of snakes. The good news is my fear of snakes paralyze me and that's a good thing when dealing with vipers, stop and maybe you won't step on them forcing them to bite you.

The only snakes that bother me are the 2 legged kind, that resemble man. There's a lot that wear good disguises. Don't trust anyone but my father, mother, sister and my wife.

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back