Official Nashville Predators Thread

I still don't think it was a bad move to waive Eeli. We had to make room. I miss Ekholm more.
Even if you don't fault Hynes for how he handled him, the fact he was scooped up so quickly on waivers show how badly the underestimated his value. If they wanted to move him, they could have traded and got something for him.

That whole situation was a complete organizational failure - he wasn't used/coached right by the coaching staff, and the front office mismanaged letting him go.

Reactions: LotteryPick
Hynes out, Brunette in??

Looks that way..........I agree that a change needed to be made. Little concerned about the limited amount of experience that Brunette has, but he seemed to do well with a Florida Panthers team as a interim HC. I just hope we didnt settle since we did interview Carbery who was a pretty decent name and went with the Caps today as their HC. (+Carbery was a power play coach which we need)...................Regardless, I'm down for the ride and lets see where this goes.

Any chance in hades the Preds can actually trade into top 5 pick? I know Bedard and Fantilli ain't gonna happen, but the next 3 or 4 guys look good. Looks like a massive drop off after about pick six.

Reactions: Go aeiou
Almost draft time boys! I'm really curious about what approach the Preds take. Move up or just use all the picks to load up? You gotta think we're looking to move.

Going to be a few really lean years, our young talent pool hasn't developed, how much of that was coaching?

Hopefully we've got the right people to turn it around as painlessly as possible.

Also, really like the move to help TSU become the first HBCU to field a hockey team........ And those sweaters look really good!

Going to be a few really lean years, our young talent pool hasn't developed, how much of that was coaching?

Hopefully we've got the right people to turn it around as painlessly as possible.
Well, from how they handled Tolvanen, I think a pretty good amount of it was coaching.

Trotz claims he wants to get Preds out of the middle. The only realistic path I see to do that is give the fans one more season to watch the vets try and make the playoffs then clear as much cap room as possible while tanking the next two seasons for #1 pick Gavin McKenna in 2026 draft. I do not understand how it is good strategy for original 6 clubs with all their pride and history to tank for top prospects but the Preds won’t do it.

Reactions: SycloneJoe

VN Store

Back