Official Nashville Predators Thread

Trotz claims he wants to get Preds out of the middle. The only realistic path I see to do that is give the fans one more season to watch the vets try and make the playoffs then clear as much cap room as possible while tanking the next two seasons for #1 pick Gavin McKenna in 2026 draft. I do not understand how it is good strategy for original 6 clubs with all their pride and history to tank for top prospects but the Preds won’t do it.

I agree. I hate these lukewarm “we’re not rebuilding” rebuild. Just rip the bandaid off and blow it up!

If I were operating any middle to small market sports franchise, I’d be setting up a meeting with the Tampa Rays upper management to study their philosophies on scouting, development and roster management. They do more with less than anybody in the major sports.

Trotz claims he wants to get Preds out of the middle. The only realistic path I see to do that is give the fans one more season to watch the vets try and make the playoffs then clear as much cap room as possible while tanking the next two seasons for #1 pick Gavin McKenna in 2026 draft. I do not understand how it is good strategy for original 6 clubs with all their pride and history to tank for top prospects but the Preds won’t do it.
They haven't had great success for the most part. There is a middle ground.... What we've been doing hasn't worked. A single player can make a huge difference but he's got to have the pieces around him.

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
They haven't had great success for the most part. There is a middle ground.... What we've been doing hasn't worked. A single player can make a huge difference but he's got to have the pieces around him.
Sure. I think their plan is to keep wallowing around more or less where they are and see if they can get some puck luck. If they were really swinging for the fences like BT said, they would have taken Oliver who at least has the physical attributes to be formed into a top line center. They’re still keeping things conservative, which isn’t a recipe for change. My guess is that they still think hockey fans in this part of the country are not sophisticated enough to appreciate the concept of getting worse to get better and they will lose a lot of ticket renewals if they tank a season or two.

Sure. I think their plan is to keep wallowing around more or less where they are and see if they can get some puck luck. If they were really swinging for the fences like BT said, they would have taken Oliver who at least has the physical attributes to be formed into a top line center. They’re still keeping things conservative, which isn’t a recipe for change. My guess is that they still think hockey fans in this part of the country are not sophisticated enough to appreciate the concept of getting worse to get better and they will lose a lot of ticket renewals if they tank a season or two.
I think Preds fans would understand tanking, because it happens in other sports too. Same concept. The real issue fans have with tanking is when it doesn't work/takes 4-5 years instead of a couple. This purgatory-type state they've been in the last few years, where they aren't sure if they are contending or tanking, is way more frustrating than just tanking.

The biggest thing the franchise has going for it at the moment is being located right on Broadway. There's interest in going to a game purely through osmosis.

Kind of odd but relatively speaking Duchene was at his best in Nashville when it was at its worse..... Really odd to say that. He was on some pretty talented teams but wasn't as successful until some of that talent left.

Is it worth the money to get season tickets to the Predators? I would only be able to attend 10-15 games. How hard would it be to sell unused games?

Is it worth the money to get season tickets to the Predators? I would only be able to attend 10-15 games. How hard would it be to sell unused games?
Depends on several factors:
1. How good Preds are doing
2. Day of week
3. Opponent
4. How much profit you're looking to make

Some games, you may take a loss or break even, but something better than nothing.
When I list mine, if close to game, I tend to price mine low enough to appear fairly early in the listings. The rate I am at, there's several games I can list below box office but still make money from what I paid.
If it's a Saturday vs a major opponent, you can usually make a pretty nice return.
If know well ahead of time, aim high, you can always lower the price as you get closer to game day.

It amazes me how badly this franchise squandered it's faithful fans. They deserve what's coming.

With Saros, they'll be a borderline playoff team. It's not going to be THAT bad.
I'm not even talking about the team. I'm talking how they've priced people out. Made it as difficult as possible to watch the product from home etc. They've turned a lot of fans into casual followers.

The penalties is same old, same old......but I was pleasantly suprised with their adjustments and fire periods 2 and 3. But HAVE TO shore up those penalties, absolute killers

Last edited:
The penalties is same old, same old......but I wasn't pleasantly suprised with their adjustments and fire periods 2 and 3. But HAVE TO shore up those penalties, absolute killers
Agree .. one of the high stick penalties was an absolute flop. I thought the second and third period were very good. Different than Hynes.

Reactions: NATHAN05
Agree .. one of the high stick penalties was an absolute flop. I thought the second and third period were very good. Different than Hynes.

Agreed.......I came in with super low expectations for this year, but if we continue to develop and play like we did 2 and 3 we may have a shot at a wild card.

Agreed.......I came in with super low expectations for this year, but if we continue to develop and play like we did 2 and 3 we may have a shot at a wild card.
Defensively 2nd period was amazing. 3rd we got too fast and made a few mistakes. But I do like what I saw in the 2nd and 3rd. We'll see.

VN Store

Back