Official Nashville Predators Thread

At least we have a 12.5% chance of the #1 pick. I'd bet everything I have Nashville won't get it though. Not due to the acutal "draw" though.

So real question. With the craziness that this year has been. Who do you honestly believe does or does not get fired? Who gets traded away? Who gets signed? Or just roll into next year with what you got

So real question. With the craziness that this year has been. Who do you honestly believe does or does not get fired? Who gets traded away? Who gets signed? Or just roll into next year with what you got
No cap room to really sign anyone. Granlund and Smith are FA. Granlund* has been trash, and I'd rather keep Smith

Can't trade dead weight (Turris, Duchene, yes I'd trade him), unless you want to take pennies on the dollar (i.e, the Subban trade). I'd trade Johanson and Ellis too (we are too soft).

Hynes should be fired. Poile should be on the hot seat. Neither will manifest itself

*meanwhile Fiala is killing it in MINN

No cap room to really sign anyone. Granlund and Smith are FA. Granlund* has been trash, and I'd rather keep Smith

Can't trade dead weight (Turris, Duchene, yes I'd trade him), unless you want to take pennies on the dollar (i.e, the Subban trade). I'd trade Johanson and Ellis too (we are too soft).

Hynes should be fired. Poile should be on the hot seat. Neither will manifest itself

*meanwhile Fiala is killing it in MINN
Really at a crossroads, on the verge of being Minnesota and being pretty good for years without being a contender.

Early end of all the long term deals so nobody is gonna jump without getting paid. Still good enough to ride a hot goaltender to the cup IMO.

Reactions: 05_never_again
Really at a crossroads, on the verge of being Minnesota and being pretty good for years without being a contender.

Early end of all the long term deals so nobody is gonna jump without getting paid. Still good enough to ride a hot goaltender to the cup IMO.
It's still kind of mind-boggling to me how it's been straight downhill since the Cup run. Yes, I know they won the Presidents' Trophy the regular season after that, but nobody really remembers that. It ended up being a relatively brief period of time that this team peaked - just the 2017 playoffs and the 2017-18 regular season. They looked like they were setting up for something much more sustainable than that.

Reactions: tvolsfan
Hey all-I just learned this thread was here. I attend 5-10 games a year, and watch every minute of every one. I hope there are others here who love to discuss.

Having purchased tickets in the past through my 5/3 Bank membership, I am on some kind of list they have, and I received a call from the ticket office today. As of this moment, they are selling tickets based on a full attendance projection. I hope that holds true. He also told me that the schedule will be released mid October, and that they are aiming for a December 1 opening date.

Well, that's more than I've heard (direct from the Preds anyway) about attendance/schedule projections and I'm a 10-year season ticket holder.

He called to try to set me up with the quarter season package. Have you previously bought single game tickets like I have been doing? And if so, would you recommend a small package vs buying a handful of single games each year?

I used to buy single games before getting season tickets. I never got a package deal. I took advantage of any deal I could (family 4 pack, college night, etc). Some friends of mine would watch secondary sites like StubHub, TicketExchange etc and get some pretty nice deals sometimes. I know I've thrown some on there fairly low to just get something for a game I couldn't make.

The package deals are the way to go price wise per game if buying from the box office. Buying those will also usually allow you first shot at playoff tickets before they go on sale to the general public.

Though, in past seasons they've ran special deals (Twice Daily, Student/Military/First Responder, Family Packs, etc) that may be better depending on how many are in your group and if someone in your group qualifies for the offer.

Not gonna get a player that'll fix that team as currently built in that spot. Start getting the new foundation built now.

Yaroslav Askarov, G
Team: Neva St. Petersburg (Russia 2)
Ranking: 6 | Nationality: RUS
Stats: 18 GP, 0.92 Save Pct., 2.45 GAA
Scouting report: Askarov is among the best goaltending prospects to enter the draft in some time. He is such a monster in the crease, as good as any goalie I've seen at his age going post to post. He never quits on plays, and while he can make the big save, he makes a lot of his work look easy. There's explosiveness and power in the way he plays the position, but he can keep it quiet and simple, too. -- Peters
Team fit: A big trend emerging from the 2020 playoffs: The NHL is becoming a two-goaltender league. The Predators have their tandem for now in Juuse Saros and Pekka Rinne, but they saw Askarov -- considered the best goalie prospect since Carey Price -- as too irresistible of a pick sitting at No. 11, despite the organizational need for scorers. Rinne, 37, comes off the books after next season. -- Kaplan
Where Askarov is most likely to play in 2020-21: KHL

Reactions: escapegoat2

VN Store

Back