Official Nashville Predators Thread

The predators need to be smart about who they pick up, hopefully they've learned a lesson with players who rode the coattails of others and draft/trade for players who fit what they are trying to do.

That being said I'm not sure what the predators are trying to do anymore, hopefully they do.

Outside of the goalie, every Pred pick was named Luke*

*Up until the last few picks

Last edited:
Really can't wrap my head around Minnesota's thinking. Bonino is a nice depth piece for a team with high end firepower, but he really is what he is at this point. For a team that's middling at best it makes no sense, unless it's got something to do with expansion draft planning

Really can't wrap my head around Minnesota's thinking. Bonino is a nice depth piece for a team with high end firepower, but he really is what he is at this point. For a team that's middling at best it makes no sense, unless it's got something to do with expansion draft planning
He's a solid guy that can carry a third line for you. If you've got a decent first line and some decent utility players on the second and third any team can get on a hot streak and compete for the cup.

Where do you see the preds going with this mini rebuild? I do not think the pieces we need are in our system. The young players we counted on developing seem to have fizzled and are what they are going to be at this point. Where do we go?

Last edited:
Reactions: Gzearl11
He's a solid guy that can carry a third line for you. If you've got a decent first line and some decent utility players on the second and third any team can get on a hot streak and compete for the cup.
I'll eat the insoles of my work boots and live stream it if Minnesota wins a cup during his time there.

As far as the Preds, tough spot. Roster is too good to justify blowing it all up, but something is missing.

They look like a lackadaisical mediocre team, all in all.

I'll eat the insoles of my work boots and live stream it if Minnesota wins a cup during his time there.

As far as the Preds, tough spot. Roster is too good to justify blowing it all up, but something is missing.

It's a nebulous quality that is impossible to determine from the outside, but they don't seem to have much leadership. Who is the alpha on that team? Josi is the captain and is a great player, but is he a leader? Do guys listen to and follow him?

I also don't think they have great coaching. Since the Cup run, it is so obvious that the team is less than the sum of its parts. Great teams are more than just a collection or assortment of talented players. The Preds play like an assortment of talented players, not a great team.

Not saying I buy it but you get hot and anything can happen.

We are in a bad spot. I'm not very high on our coaching staff. Great coaches bring in great assistants and they are very important. I don't believe we have the right guy.

We'll know for sure once he gets a chance and input on building the roster some.

Heard anything about Taylor hall? I’ve seen on Twitter that the predators are making a run at him
I saw that they were possibly going after him. With him being 28. Does he fit the mold of going older? He will want a 5-6 year contract if not longer. And how much will that cost us? I’m thinking to much with what the plan is. I think trade some draft picks for younger better talent.

I just think we haven’t made enough moves. We have beefed up the bottom 6 and last pair defensemen which I like but we are gonna be relying on tolvannon or rem pitlick to play serious minutes on the 2nd line. Both need to bring it and I hate depending on rookies.

VN Store

Back