Official Nashville Predators Thread

So in addition to Turris needing a bounce back, people seem to forget Granlund. He didn't play well in his short time with the team. I expect more from him next year as well.

Don't do it DP

What the Predators need to address this summer above all else is their woefully inept power play. Which is why their pursuit of Duchene is questionable, because he's never been a particularly effective player there despite all the skill he possesses, traditionally doing most of his damage at five-on-five with his speed off the rush. Of the 427 players who have seen at least 200 minutes of power-play ice time over the past five seasons, his 3.33 power-play points per 60 minutes rank 276th, in the neighborhood of players like Carl Soderberg, Mikael Backlund and Nikolay Goldobin. This isn't to say that he couldn't help them produce there, it's just that he never really has after being in the league for a decade now.

Considering what most were projecting, it’s a steal. Plus worst case, DP will flip him in 3-4 years and it’ll work out.

Dude has the golden touch

Like the signing, so is there a site where we can see how much cap space we have left? Still got to sign Josi.

I know he was better in the playoffs, but Duchene was quietly very awful after the trade to CBJ last year. 12 points in 23 games

It's only worth pointing out because it seems like he's been an underachiever for most of his career. He's an incredibly fast, highly-skilled player, but he's never had a year where he was a truly dominant player.

We don’t need dominant, though. He’s going to upgrade our black hole of a second line and that’s what was important this offseason.

Reactions: BigOrange15
We don’t need dominant, though. He’s going to upgrade our black hole of a second line and that’s what was important this offseason.
Maybe, maybe not. It depends on the Duchene that we get. If we get the pouting, temperamental Duchene (I know he was on bad Colorado teams at the time, but still) he's like a 45-point guy. If you get good Duchene, he's a point-per-game guy. At $8m per, that's kind of steep but that price is to be expected. To me, he's always appeared to have the talent to be a 90 or even 100 point guy, but it's clear he isn't going to do that.

Maybe, maybe not. It depends on the Duchene that we get. If we get the pouting, temperamental Duchene (I know he was on bad Colorado teams at the time, but still) he's like a 45-point guy. If you get good Duchene, he's a point-per-game guy. At $8m per, that's kind of steep but that price is to be expected. To me, he's always appeared to have the talent to be a 90 or even 100 point guy, but it's clear he isn't going to do that.

He’s a 55 point guy throughout his career. Take away his two shortened seasons and he’s a 59 point guy. Overall, I agree though, he can be so much better.

For reference though, even at his 55 point per game avg he would have been the 3rd leading point leader on the Preds last year and one point from taking over second place. Preds need him to be that top 3, hopefully top 2 spot, but either way he will be a big help overall. Also, we need goal scorers. The top two point leaders were Johansen followed by Josi and they both had 50 and 41 assists respectively but less than 15 goals a piece. Duchene was close to those assists numbers last year at 39 assists but also had double the goals. We need that.

VN Store

Back