Official Nashville Predators Thread

05_never_again

Your job as a ref is to call the game as you honestly see it. You’re going to make mistakes. That’s human. You don’t owe the other team a fabricated or exaggerated make-up call if you make a mistake against them. You just dig yourself a deeper hole.
I don't have a problem with make up calls in principle. No, the ref doesn't "owe" them, but I understand why they make them.

He wasn't let go because he made a make up call though. If that happened regularly, every official in the country would be out of a job. He got caught on a hot mic talking about it.

GreveHaller

my thought is that his comments were from the fact he wanted to set the tone of the game, not let the game set the tone. Just like in basketball where the refs sometimes call ticky-tacky fouls then sometimes they let them play, he wanted to say to the Preds here's the edge of the envelope and you're not going past it. Maybe the Preds have a reputation of pushing the penalty envelope

SycloneJoe

I love that we're playing better but seeing the young guys thrive, when given the chance, is all the more reason we need to be active sellers. Make room for the young guns and bring more youth into the system to build behind them.

VN Store

Sponsors