Official Major League Soccer/US Men's National Team Thread

how does training prep for World Cup play work out? how many friendly matches will the completed roster get to play and tune up?

Wasn't the US runner-up to Qatar for the 2022 WC?

Yes. I'm still holding out hope for a miracle that everything continues to be a disaster and FIFA is forced to move it to the US. Unlike some places, we wouldn't need 10 years to get ready for the event.

Reactions: 1 person
Yes. I'm still holding out hope for a miracle that everything continues to be a disaster and FIFA is forced to move it to the US. Unlike some places, we wouldn't need 10 years to get ready for the event.

FIFA needs to abandon this "lets have the WC in developing countries" BS.

Lol, can't say I am surprised to see soccer america to produce another piece of garbage. The "doubters" are not surprised that he has had a good tournament, because they have always said that he falls in the long list of players that are good MLS players and good at at low level international competitions (like this edition of the goldcup) but is not at a World Cup level. Funny how this article is written now, but no positive article is ever written after the opportunities he has gotten with the A team when he has looked vastly outmatched especially when compared to our other options at CM

What do you disagree with in that article? Basically it says he didn't play well and now he is playing well. You call this article a "piece of garbage" but where exactly do you find fault with it?

What do you disagree with in that article? Basically it says he didn't play well and now he is playing well. You call this article a "piece of garbage" but where exactly do you find fault with it?

The whole premise of the article that beckerman is proving doubters wrong is false. Beckerman has not made some drastic improvement in his game, rather he is playing a level of competition that is more at his level

Reactions: 1 person
He's been one of our best 4 players in this tourney. I didn't see his grade on the first game, but the other 3 were all over 7. Beckerman is outplaying a lot of his teammates. I'd say that is proof right there that he's improved.

He's been one of our best 4 players in this tourney. I didn't see his grade on the first game, but the other 3 were all over 7. Beckerman is outplaying a lot of his teammates. I'd say that is proof right there that he's improved.

He is outperforming his B team teammates against other national teams b teams. He had a good gold cup in 2009 in a similar situation as this, which never amounted to any good performances against World Cup level competition. The list of players over the years that have looked good in MLS and lower level international squads but not against quality international sides is endless and Beckerman is squarely on that list.

Agreed. Had this talk with buds yesterday. Becks has improved, but he looks more promising againstlower talent. Be interesting what the final roster looks like.

Sunday 7/28
CONCACAF Gold Cup Finals
USA vs Panama
Soldier Field, Chicago
4:00 pm EST
Fox & Univision

I still can't believe we will be without our coach today. Didn't look like he deserved the 1 game suspension.

Kind of a meh first half. Hopefully Stu's injury isn't too bad, given a years playing time at the club level to get back into things he has the talent to challenge for a roster spot next year.

I don't watch much soccer. The American bias in this broadcast is killing me. Donovan acted, and Sunshine tripping over his own feet, and the color commentator just acts like it's all justified. Pansies.

VN Store

Back