Official Major League Soccer/US Men's National Team Thread

Been busy with work the past couple weeks and have only barely been following this Gold Cup. Just realized that Qatar are participating for some reason. WTF?

Just a (not terribly helpful) FYI for anyone wondering about Qatar participating in the Gold Cup. Don't matter to me - keep setting 'em up and we'll keep knocking 'em down!

Why is Qatar playing in the 2021 Gold Cup?
The decision to involve Qatar in the tournament stems from a relationship between Concacaf and the Qatar Football Association.
They are one of 13 teams that are currently guaranteed a spot in the 16-team group stage.
Concacaf said in a statement: "Concacaf and AFC have a longstanding relationship that has resulted in various joint initiatives which have served to greatly develop football in both regions, including a referee exchange in which referees from the AFC officiated matches in the 2019 Gold Cup and 2018 Scotiabank Concacaf Champions League, while Concacaf referees oversaw matches in both the 2018 AFC Champions League and 2019 Asian Cup."
They also added that Qatar were invited as a means to develop the grassroots game: "Another facet of the relationship between Concacaf and the Qatari Football Association (QFA), along with the Supreme Committee for Delivery and Legacy (SC), is an initiative to grow the game at a grassroots level in North America, Central America and the Caribbean."
Qatar have also been invited to compete in the 2023 Gold Cup.
Previously, South Korea were invited as the Gold Cup AFC guest in 2000 and 2002 prior to their joint hosting of the World Cup.
It is Qatar's first involvement in the Gold Cup but not their first involvement as a guest in a foreign competition, as they – alongside Japan – were invited to play the 2019 Copa America to "fill gaps" in the tournament.

Reactions: MAD
Ok, if u wanted to take a flyer on one player in this game scoring 2 goals, who would u take ? Dike, Hoppe, Z or Qatar's Ali ?

Last edited:
Ok, if u wanted to take a flyer on one player in this game scoring 2 goals, who would u take ? Dike, Hoppe, Z or Qatar's Ali ?

For US, I’d go Dike. Hoppe just scored his first international goal the other night so don’t think he’s got 2 in him tonight. Zardes isn’t starting. Qatar is actually the leading scoring team in the Gold cup.. not sure about Ali though.

Reactions: The Dog
For US, I’d go Dike. Hoppe just scored his first international goal the other night so don’t think he’s got 2 in him tonight. Zardes isn’t starting. Qatar is actually the leading scoring team in the Gold cup.. not sure about Ali though.
I took Sands at +13000 to score twice, which is better odds than the other 3 to score three goals. Ali leads Qatar with 4 goals, btw. It was a free $5 bet, so I wanted to go for the jugular

I took Sands at +13000 to score twice, which is better odds than the other 3 to score three goals. Ali leads Qatar with 4 goals, btw. It was a free $5 bet, so I wanted to go for the jugular
Hell, they changed the formation from 2-4-4 to 3-3-4, I'm effed, now. Anyway, U-S-A, U-S-A !

Yeah can’t fault you for going for the big payoff with free credits.

Reactions: The Dog

VN Store

Back