Official Lane Kiffin thread 1

i always think your post are well thought out but this time i have to ask other than leaving UT at a bad time what are Kiffins integrity issues that everyone thinks are so bad.

He got us on probation and the wrecked automobile incident. We have a better shot at landing Bill Cowherd with Gruden as OC and Jeff Fisher as DC than there is of anyone connected to the university supporting the idea of bringing the Lane train back to Knoxville.

Besides, Orgeron was helping run things from the administrative side of things with Lane was and on the recruiting trail, and Coach O has his dream job.

Oh, don't misunderstand that last sentence, BTS. I would not trust Schiano with our program at ALL. Not even one tiny bit. I'm very proud that we as a community forced that hire off the tracks yesterday.

I just used him as a point of comparison: Lane is much, much worse. Schiano may have (we'll never know) screwed up in one big, terrible way when he was 25 years old.

Lane Kiffin is screwing up on a weekly basis, to this very day (see his latest tweet directed against our program?).

Nope, we need to get away from both these guys, and Petrino as well, and get to considering coaches with integrity. They exist.

Whew you had me worried LOL you have always been a voice of reason on this board i was worried about that last sentence. Pedophiles are the scum of the earth and i dont care if shiano was 25 i knew it was wrong long before i was 25. AS far as Lane and his Tweets i dont get it or like it But im an old guy . These 18 to 20 year olds eat that up and love him and that is the guys we are recruiting. Nobody on this board that hates Kiffin has any eligibility left.
AS of yesterday everything changed . i didnt want Miles or Brohm but would be happy with either today. Your a military guy right. What do you do when the battle field changes ? Do you adapt ? Do you change your tactics ? Thats what i have done not just yesterday but about two months ago . Two months ago i didnt want Kiffin either but the fact is players love him and they want to play for him . WE need that here bad. Most 18 year olds dont remember when UT was good at football like we do . The battle field has changed we adapt or we die.

Posted in another thread:

“He lives on Twitter. If you really want this, everyone needs to start reaching out to him on Twitter. VolNation and all VFL’s made a lot happen. We have a voice. If you want this to happen, VolNation just might be able to get it done. I still think there’s less than a 5% chance but who knows.”.

200.gif

Reactions: 2 people
Hooooold on there Bobalouie - not so fast, not so fast!!

Kiff royally boinked Vol Nation and I for one am not so quick to forget how he left ALL of us at the alter with a very ugly and incapable substitute bride.

Let the vetting begin with any and all coaches who come right out and say that they would take the job if it was offered to them. If not, we move on to the next, and so on.

Reactions: 1 person
Kiffin left for his dream job. I cannot blame the man for taking his dream job. The timing really sucked for us, but it's in the past. Put a contract together that includes a buyout of epic proportions if he takes or even interviews for another job.

We could hire him and keep him with an appropriate contract.

Reactions: 4 people

The reason I say this is because, if I were him, the one thing that would hold me back from even considering the job is the fan base. I would fear that if I were trotted out at the new HC, they may crucify me. Therefore, I would turn down any offers that came my way... However, if he were
to get an overwhelming amount of UT fans to reach out to him (on one of the only outlets they can), it may actually get his attention, and he might at least hear what UT has to offer.

If the last 24hrs has taught me anything, it’s that VolNation has a voice.

The reason I say this is because, if I were him, the one thing that would hold me back from even considering the job is the fan base. I would fear that if I were trotted out at the new HC, they may crucify me. Therefore, I would turn down any offers that came my way... However, if he were
to get an overwhelming amount of UT fans to reach out to him (on one of the only outlets they can), it may actually get his attention, and he might at least hear what UT has to offer.

If the last 24hrs has taught me anything, it’s that VolNation has a voice.

VN?

Clay Travis is responsible for whipping VN, VQ and Twitter into a frenzy. People just did his bidding.

Kiffin is an average head coach at best and a lousy person. He's a big mouth with a short resume.

First, I've only been here less than three years, yet you claim to know my feelings about events of nine years ago? How canny of you. You know nothing.

Second, here's how nicely Lane Kiffin has matured over the years:

attachment.php

That tweet was sent out...huh...what do you know? In the past 24 hours.

Yep, he has matured remarkably well.

To be clear: Kiffin is a disease. Don't want, there are far better choices out there than him, or Schiano, or Petrino.

OMG the horror

Eveyone else are trying to correct their mistakes. We however choose to keep making mistakes. Something is fishy about the Haslam influence.

Kiff royally boinked Vol Nation and I for one am not so quick to forget how he left ALL of us at the alter with a very ugly and incapable substitute bride.

Let the vetting begin with any and all coaches who come right out and say that they would take the job if it was offered to them. If not, we move on to the next, and so on.

Sounds like Kiffen needs to come back and fix what he started.

quit being such a freaking pansy. get over it and move on loser

Hiring Lane Kiffin with a big buyout would bring me back to supporting UT. Get him a good staff and get going.

35 - 21 in P5 with two bowl losses would ignite your inner Vol? That's a 62.5% winning percentage.

Butch was 98-57 (UC & UT) a 63.2% winning percentage with 4 bowl wins.

VN?

Clay Travis is responsible for whipping VN, VQ and Twitter into a frenzy. People just did his bidding.

Kiffin is an average head coach at best and a lousy person. He's a big mouth with a short resume.

I respect your opinion. I’m not condoning the hire. I’m just thinking out loud...

Kiffen is just having fun man his team is winning he regrets leaving and I can promise you he wishes he would have stayed. He did what Mullen just did no different he has SEC experience and is exciting and can win

Heh, "Official Lane Kiffin thread 1".

As if this thread will ever get to 2. :)

This is your brain on Kiffin.

Just say no to Kiffin.

VN Store

Back