Official Jon Gruden Thread XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even IF by some small miracle Gruden took this job, I still don't see why some of you think he is a "slam dunk" in terms of bringing Tennessee back to a championship level. He's been out of coaching for what, ten years? He has ZERO college coaching experience. He is notoriously famous for being hard to get along with, hard work with, etc. I just don't see it.

The only thing I'm certain of with hiring Gruden is the sales of Chucky dolls in Knoxville will be through the roof.

Even IF by some small miracle Gruden took this job, I still don't see why some of you think he is a "slam dunk" in terms of bringing Tennessee back to a championship level. He's been out of coaching for what, ten years? He has ZERO college coaching experience. He is notoriously famous for being hard to get along with, hard work with, etc. I just don't see it.

The only thing I'm certain of with hiring Gruden is the sales of Chucky dolls in Knoxville will be through the roof.

I don't have to see to believe. I have faith in the Grude

Reactions: 3 people
I'm curious --are they not concerned about early signing?

If they would announce in early November, I would think we could recover a lot of AWOL recruits.

Can't change timelines for recruits from one class, did that with Dooley and look at the results. Have to focus on what is best long-term. Short-term sacrifice for long-term gains

You think Saban is hard to get along with?

Reactions: 2 people

See pages 1-464 to find your answer, it is on every page

You think Saban is hard to get along with?

Saban had already won a national championship at LSU and wasn't 10 years removed from coaching when he took the Alabama job. Yes he has a similar reputation but the difference is he has the pedigree to back it up. I know Gruden won a Superbowl at Tampa but NFL and college are totally different animals. You have to love the recruiting process, which Saban does. I'm not sure "Chucky" would.

Saban had already won a national championship at LSU and wasn't 10 years removed from coaching when he took the Alabama job. Yes he has a similar reputation but the difference is he has the pedigree to back it up.

You choose to be skeptical, Grudenites choose to be optimistic.

Think Gruden, now, has a better pedigree than Butch did when he was hired.

Thanks for pointing out that he's never been a head coach at the college level.
I can't believe that hasn't been said already.

That you, Zombie Al Davis?

Oh look another question thats never been asked. If you have to be sold on it, then its not for you. Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

I'm about ready to instant ignore every mother's son who comes up in this thread with this same tired nonsense about Gruden coaching college or Gruden winning with someone else's players.

Reactions: 10 people
Anyone have info about the Ron Swanson post from last night?

*Posted around 11:30. (Butch leaving today & a press conference this afternoon)

I hate to ask but I shut VN down shortly after it got posted, went to bed, and we just got home from church.

*13 hours away from VN is a killer

**but I love Jesus

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back