Official Jon Gruden Thread XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't kid yourself... All of these coaches talk to each other and the word on Tennessee is out.

Due to Cheek and Martin squeezing the pool of recruitable athletes that can get admitted, coaches are starting to see the difficulty in succeeding at Tennessee and saying NO THANKS!

We are completely dysfunctional right now with a huge divide between athletics and academics.

I could NOT agree more. We are looking at a Butch Jones or Davis hire at best. At this point I would be happy with Butch Davis over Jones.

Leonard Little ‏@DBL_L_01

Til the academic & athletic sides solves issues its gonna constantly be problems

Gruden isn't coming to UT. Period. What you Lemmings see in front of you is a cliff. Fair warning Lemmings....

Its called "The Jon Gruden Thread" in the COACHES RUMOR AND SPECULATION forum. Why don't you go into the thread of the coach of your choice and speculate as to why he'd come here. That's how this works.

Reactions: 2 people
Keep us posted

Right off the bat was asked if he and GRUDEN was going to Knoxville together grider a response was " I have no Idea how that rumor got started,said his phone was blowing up last night but the rumore was ridiculous .....say he was just burnt out ,will miss coaching but gut feeling said it was the right time to step away....

I floated this theory early this week, because this made sense to me too. Are you basing it on info you have or just speculation. Mine was purely speculation.

Unfortunately when things are fluid almost everything is speculation no matter how good the source. When Gruden is introduced as the next head coach the speculation will end and the Vol Nation will rejoice!

Admittedly, this process has been a PR disaster to this point. But noone will remember that if the right hire is made. For those losing confidence in Hart and UT Admin, I offer you this argument. There are only 3 plausible theories of why we are where we are:

- Boosters, UT Admin, and AD are in total disarray and battling fiercly over the whole process: With the egos involved, were this to be the case, do you not think someone would have broken ranks and be talking openly about the in-fighting? To my knowledge we're just hearing crickets from all directions.

- Boosters have totally entrusted process to Hart and have given him complete a blank check for the whole process with no strings attached: For this to be true, with the apparant failures of the past few days, we would be hearing now either public statements from boosters supporting Hart, or again, them breaking rank and publicly pushing for resolution. All we hear from the boosters right now is crickets.

- A fairly well coordinated scheme is playing out that all are privy to. I can't guarantee it's about Gruden. But common sense tells me this is the only explanation that makes sense as to how things have played out the way they have, but yet, there is no uproar from the powers that be.

Think about it - if this was truly as chaotic as it seems - wouldn't we be hearing screaming from someone other than the media and the message boards? Seriously?

Reactions: 1 person
This stuff is crazy, I abandoned ship for a little while, when everything got crazy. I jumped hardcore on the Strong bandwagon and was disappointed last night and still am a little, but I realized this "search" has made no sense and here is why:

1. Gundy, Fedora, Fisher all seemed to be pursued very lightly. All were giving extensions or votes of confidence and Tennessee did not try again (very strange, most of the time there is at least an attempt to up the offer).

2. Strong was pursued, but supposedly Cheek was the one doing the leg work not Hart.

3. Supposedly, we are the best job available in the country, but yet we are having to settle for candidates, yes there are academic issues, but there is effort to ease the stipulations. This is strange that the top candidates and midtier candidates seem not to want to sign.

4. The original reason I stopped believing Gruden was coming was because nothing added up and that is the same reason I have returned to my original beliefs.

5. Hart is going someplace, but the media never can seem to put him and the supposed candidates at the same place and time.

6. This means, imo, that there is a hire coming that is either Gruden or big splash hire no one is talking about...

Even if it wasn't the plan, Bama Dave needs to make Gruden turn us down again.

Throw the world at him. Let him keep his endorsement deals... Heck, Hooters is orange!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back