Official Jon Gruden Thread XV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy birthday G. Hope you have a great one. You and I are about the same age. Are you from the Knoxville area?

The Gruden threads have been the fastest growing threads on Volnation, I think that speaks volumes as to who the fanbase wants as their next HC. The other candidates threads are weak and have not got pass their initial thread name.

I think it speaks volumes to how many "insiders" were on here bring HOPE to all of the diehard UT fans, and the fact that they were begging for good news involving the program.

The silence continues to be deafening from the OGs, and I really don't know how to take it. I'm not hanging on to a thread for Gruden to be our coach, although I would really like to see it happen. I will be ok with a Strong hire. However, the OGs said that if the info changed on Gruden, then they would inform us immediately. Either they think what happened on Friday was info enough to not have to personally state it here, or the info
still has not changed, and their sources are still telling them this is a go. I hope for the sake of unifying this fan base that the last option is what is happening.

I think they know its over, but hoping for a bottom of the 9th walk off grand slam.

The silence continues to be deafening from the OGs, and I really don't know how to take it. I'm not hanging on to a thread for Gruden to be our coach, although I would really like to see it happen. I will be ok with a Strong hire. However, the OGs said that if the info changed on Gruden, then they would inform us immediately. Either they think what happened on Friday was info enough to not have to personally state it here, or the info still has not changed, and their sources are still telling them this is a go. I hope for the sake of unifying this fan base that the last option is what is happening.

The only one that I know of who has changed their tune is BCarter. The other OG's have been here and are staying strong. They probably don't come here as much because this thread has become a lot less fun.

The silence continues to be deafening from the OGs, and I really don't know how to take it. I'm not hanging on to a thread for Gruden to be our coach, although I would really like to see it happen. I will be ok with a Strong hire. However, the OGs said that if the info changed on Gruden, then they would inform us immediately. Either they think what happened on Friday was info enough to not have to personally state it here, or the info still has not changed, and their sources are still telling them this is a go. I hope for the sake of unifying this fan base that the last option is what is happening.
After following them around for 15 threads, I believe if they knew anything different that they would come in and tell us. That is just my opinion though...:thumbsup:

Reactions: 2 people
Happy birthday G. Hope you have a great one. You and I are about the same age. Are you from the Knoxville area?

Thank you InVOL, I was raised 30 miles outside of Knoxville in a small community called Clear Springs. It is between Mascot and Blaine TN. I have lived in Knoxville now for over 30 years.

This is being 'reported' like a Dr. Seuss book. 'Will he interview on a plane, can he interview on a train.....' I know I am a little late to the party on this, But the Knoxville reporters don't really do any reporting do they?

They don't and that's why they got scooped by Stephen Hargis.

Reactions: 1 person
The only one that I know of who has changed their tune is BCarter. The other OG's have been here and are staying strong. They probably don't come here as much because this thread has become a lot less fun.

Can't say I blame them. I don't really understand the point of others coming in here and being d!cks about it. If you think the Grudenites are loony, that's fine, but don't rub it in.

Of all of the plan B options for coach Strong, Fedora and Golden would be the least exciting options. Fedora is the only one that really brings anything interesting schematically to the table with his offense.

My tune has changed. Friday was crushing and left me with a lot of doubt but I really think the MNF thing adds up a lot moreso than the Tampa Bay buyout. If that's the case, that goes back to the what was said a couple of months ago before Dooley tanked it in November. At this point, I'm thinking things were reaching such a fever pitch last week, that something drastic had to be done to normalize the tempo. There's something I saw Friday, that given the mood Friday I dismissed, but the more I think I about it, the more I wonder. I can't be completely sure about it.

These next 48 hours will be really telling.

Why do UT's coaching searches have to be so strange?
Reading some of the other fan boards their coaching searches are going the same way. Their media is crazy and no one knows anything! This is the first one I have really followed and it is truly an adventure! :good!:

Haven't been on since 4pm yesterday and I can't be bothered to read 100+ pages of posts. What have I missed?

1) Rumors that Strong has been offered
2) Reported that Strong is miffed by the rumors to UT/Arky
3) List of realistic candidates is quickly vaporizing
4) Remaining available coaches are "third tier" types
5) Gruden still hasn't said "no"

It's Gruden.

:thumbsup:

Reactions: 1 person
My tune has changed. Friday was crushing and left me with a lot of doubt but I really think the MNF thing adds up a lot moreso than the Tampa Bay buyout. If that's the case, that goes back to the what was said a couple of months ago before Dooley tanked it in November. At this point, I'm thinking things were reaching such a fever pitch last week, that something drastic had to be done to normalize the tempo. There's something I saw Friday, that given the mood Friday I dismissed, but the more I think I about it, the more I wonder. I can't be completely sure about it.

These next 48 hours will be really telling.

Agree 100%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back