Official Jon Gruden Thread XLVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably not. I'm satisfied that we have bent over backwards to provide everything within our power to entice him here. The timing was right, the money reportedly absurd, the staffing allowance historic in scope. If none of that lures him, it's on him. And that's ok....I came into this wanting us to TRY, to swing for the fences for once. There is evidence we are doing that.

Personally I believe we'll know, yes or no, tomorrow....just my opinion. I don't think writing Bev would influence anything but her blood pressure.

I’m a fellow Grudenite but I think if he doesn’t take it this time around then his name should be banned from any future coaching searches. JMHO...

Reactions: 6 people
Probably not. I'm satisfied that we have bent over backwards to provide everything within our power to entice him here. The timing was right, the money reportedly absurd, the staffing allowance historic in scope. If none of that lures him, it's on him. And that's ok....I came into this wanting us to TRY, to swing for the fences for once. There is evidence we are doing that.

Personally I believe we'll know, yes or no, tomorrow....just my opinion. I don't think writing Bev would influence anything but her blood pressure.

So you don’t think we hear any leaks today and just a straight up “yes” or “no” tomorrow?

probably not. I'm satisfied that we have bent over backwards to provide everything within our power to entice him here. The timing was right, the money reportedly absurd, the staffing allowance historic in scope. If none of that lures him, it's on him. And that's ok....i came into this wanting us to try, to swing for the fences for once. There is evidence we are doing that.

Personally i believe we'll know, yes or no, tomorrow....just my opinion. I don't think writing bev would influence anything but her blood pressure.

Yes. Absolutely this

HC: Miles
OC Martin
DC Steele

How soon people would forget this train wreckn

It's a homerun staff any way you look at it. Miles is by far the most qualified guy we've publicly looked at.

He's not the splash Gruden would be, and we need that right now, but Les would move us into the lead pack in the East almost immediately.

You wouldn't hear me grousing over that hire.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12 people

I am 110% sure that we are doing that on the booster side.

I am less convinced that Fulmer is accepting to a T everything that boosters would be pitching at Gruden.

Most notably. Full Control and the AAV on the salary. I can see Fulmer scoffing at making him the highest paid coach in college football when he hasn't walked a sideline in a decade. Similarly on the control. The leaks that we do have make it clear that Fulmer wants some VFL's on the staff. That's hardly full control for Gruden.

I want to believe, so walk me back from the ledge.

Reactions: 2 people
So you don’t think we hear any leaks today and just a straight up “yes” or “no” tomorrow?

Based upon my info of a meeting tomorrow, I don't think so. If I hear something else that opinion could change.

Babyvol on VQ

"As one of the biggest #Grumors around here is what I think. I think it's between Gruden and Miles. Gruden should give his answer today. If he says no, we roll with Miles. Tee should be OC either way, but I'm more excited about him learning from Gruden than trying to run the show under Miles. Steele was the choice at DC but is waffling a bit. Go Vols!!!"

If Steele doesn't come then go after Randy Shannon please as DC.

Reactions: 3 people
The Giants/Mcadoo/laMaonte connection is a little interesting. One last push for any little extra in offer/counteroffer??

Otherwise, I’d agree with ‘Boro that I m content we made a legitimate offer, and if he refused, so be it. The current alternative is WAY better than where we were one week ago.

Reactions: 2 people
Don't despair everyone.

It seems we threw everything we had at Gruden, but he doesn't want to coach.

Still some nice options out there, not a Gruden splash, but some solid coaches.

And there is always room on the Lane Train!!

It's a homerun staff any way you look at it. Miles is by far the most qualified guy we've publicly looked at.

He's not the splash Gruden would be, and we need that right now, but yes move us into the lead pack in the East almost immediately.

If they're committed to championship runs and winning overall make them tell you no if they're who u want

I think Steele wants to be at Tennessee he just needs a little more insentive to go

He's not the splash Gruden would be, and we need that right now, but yes move us into the lead pack in the East almost immediately.

I’m with Boro here. No need to be negative if Gruden falls through. That is one hell of a fall back option, if it indeed is the case. I’ll be excited no matter what. But yeah, I’d be more excited if it were Gruden.

Reactions: 1 person
so what would a les miles staff look like?
miles - hc
oc - tee
qb - sanders?
rb - gillespie? graham? other?
wr - ?
oline - ?
dc - steele? chavis?
lb - jones? other?
db's - keep warren? other?
special teams?
new 10th coach?

get back coach - al wilson
vfl coordinator - inky

does the guy from lsu that is the general manager come back to ut for miles?

what are we looking at here?
thoughts?

(please don't make me go to the FF to discuss this.)
:)

WR would be Tee. One of the best.
Not sure about Oline - just please get someone competent.
DB - please bring T Fair home
DLine - Hobby would be an absolute home run!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back