Official Jon Gruden Thread XLVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am suggesting that there hasn't been a "no" said yet. I haven't heard anything come from the Gruden camp in terms of any "leaks". My source(s) are comprised of an AD contact, boosters, and past VFLs close to the program and those in charge.

I am not saying it is Gruden or it isn't. Its been oddly quiet this morning from everyone. I did have one former RB text me and say he thought Les with Steele and Tee. I asked if Gruden said no, and he said no. I asked why he thought Les and said him and Fulmer have always been close.

My assumption, I think Gruden hasn't answered yet (as I don't know the time frame of his deadline) or, he has accepted and they have kept it totally quiet.

That is my knowledge up to this point and my assumptions. Just trying to pass along what I have heard and am told. I am wanting to know just like you guys. I have nothing to gain in this..... other than bragging that UT football is back to my childhood friends.

Let me add this to reasons why I now believe Miles. I was as high as 80% Gruden. I am down 0.5% (never say never to nothin). My heart keeps saying Gruden but the mind says it's Miles.

1. Fulmer isn't going to make a risky hire.
2. Miles is sellable to the fan base (due to his credentials)
3. Fulmer and Miles are close friends.
4. Fulmer knows what he's getting with Miles (whereas he doesn't with Gruden).
5. Miles checks all the boxes that Fulmer wants in terms of offensive and defensive philosophies, a desire to be here, willing to allow Fulmer to dictate assistant coach hires, a championship pedigree and he won't break the bank. Miles will take the job for probably half what Gruden wants.

Bonus: We really don't even know if Gruden really wants to coach and if he does if college interests him at all.

Though I'm Gruden til it ain't, it pains me to say that the signs are all point to Miles.

Reactions: 3 people
Hearing from the Thornton Camp that Gruden has indeed turned us down completely....

giphy.gif

Reactions: 2 people
when y'all see me in grumors 2020, y'all will put me on the list.

i bought in 2012.
i bought in 2017.
i'll never, i repeat, i'll never buy it again.

it's now or never with gruden to ut.

i can only hope.

Why not? You can't buy this kind of entertainment and enjoy it with no finer people anywhere. It was a hoot the first go'round and we are very blessed that it happened again. Gruden aside, there is no better place to be in college sports than right here in this thread.

Reactions: 6 people
Correct me if I'm wrong, but there hasn't been any sort of "positive" grumor other than Boro saying he thought the Tuesday meeting was still on. Boro is a standup dude, but his sources have been dead wrong in the past. Otherwise, the only positive is that there hasn't been a public no.

Jav, blackjack, ATL Vol all are radio silent I believe? I haven't even seen LWS lately. Beav doesnt' count. I love Knuckle as a poster, but I haven't bought in to him as an insider.

I frequent VQ and the Grudenites over there don't inspire confidence as they looked rather bad during the Shiano fiasco.

There simply isn't any smoke...Wallace, Brice, Hargis, etc are off the train. Basillio has flopped back to the no side. All the others don't count because they have always been negative.

Sucks, but I'm ready to move on.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 people
Breaking News!!!

I have been contacted by the "new" coach at UT to be the Get Back Coach !!!

Probably THE most important position on staff. This coach gets to literally manhandle Coach Gruden....opps...."insert name here coach", during the games to the point of physical abuse. This position must be occupied by a person of great trust to Coach Gruden........damnit...."insert name here coach", because he has to be forceful, yet not so much as to upstage Coach Gruden.......%!#&*@....err...umm..."insert name here coach".

Gruden! Why? Because....it's timeeee !

Attachments

• 200.gif
    200.gif
    945.2 KB · Views: 868
  • sirmove.0.0.gif
    sirmove.0.0.gif
    4.2 MB · Views: 18
Reactions: 1 person
IMO, using ESPN as an argument as to why Gruden isn't coming here is a tired and, at this stage, pointless excuse. It's been gone over and over and over.

Lol I know non of us want to hear it but that’s the only reason I can see him not coming. I don’t think it’s about money... I think he just likes being pampered. Getting brand new suits $2000+ weekly and not having to endure the volatile coaching life. That would be pretty sweet (let’s be honest). I’m sure his wife would agree that he’s a lot happier and easier to get along with, when he’s not coaching.

Why not? You can't buy this kind of entertainment and enjoy it with no finer people anywhere. It was a hoot the first go'round and we are very blessed that it happened again. Gruden aside, there is no better place to be in college sports than right here in this thread.

i wasn't hear for the entertainment.

Reactions: 2 people
I am suggesting that there hasn't been a "no" said yet. I haven't heard anything come from the Gruden camp in terms of any "leaks". My source(s) are comprised of an AD contact, boosters, and past VFLs close to the program and those in charge.

I am not saying it is Gruden or it isn't. Its been oddly quiet this morning from everyone. I did have one former RB text me and say he thought Les with Steele and Tee. I asked if Gruden said no, and he said no. I asked why he thought Les and said him and Fulmer have always been close.

My assumption, I think Gruden hasn't answered yet (as I don't know the time frame of his deadline) or, he has accepted and they have kept it totally quiet.

That is my knowledge up to this point and my assumptions. Just trying to pass along what I have heard and am told. I am wanting to know just like you guys. I have nothing to gain in this..... other than bragging that UT football is back to my childhood friends.

Thank you.

Breaking News!!!

I have been contacted by the "new" coach at UT to be the Get Back Coach !!!

Probably THE most important position on staff. This coach gets to literally manhandle Coach Gruden....opps...."insert name here coach", during the games to the point of physical abuse. This position must be occupied by a person of great trust to Coach Gruden........damnit...."insert name here coach", because he has to be forceful, yet not so much as to upstage Coach Gruden.......%!#&*@....err...umm..."insert name here coach".

Gruden! Why? Because....it's timeeee !

Wrong Buffer.

Golfervol93 on VQ regarding Cincy meeting..

"Maybe because I am trying to make it not a secret! Heard from multiple sources that we met with him last night and at least the university will know an answer by today and should be public knowledge come tomorrow."

I think the meeting in Cincy happened.. To many people saying that we did

If he indeed did say no, and the University is going to let us know, how would you suggest they do so? You know this will be tough to break because to many people are way too invested (me included).

This question may have already been answered but I haven't been on the this thread as much lately so I might have missed it...

But did we ever confirm that Gruden bought a house in Knoxville? I know we were assuming it true the last time I heard about it, but was there ever any hard confirmation? Before the Schiano fiasco, this was the piece that had me the most convinced about Gruden. No way he bought a house if he wasn't at least thinking about coaching.

Now that the mood is picking back up in here, I'd like to know if the House rumor is still being accepted as true.

Let me add this to reasons why I now believe Miles. I was as high as 80% Gruden. I am down 0.5% (never say never to nothin). My heart keeps saying Gruden but the mind says it's Miles.

1. Fulmer isn't going to make a risky hire.
2. Miles is sellable to the fan base (due to his credentials)
3. Fulmer and Miles are close friends.
4. Fulmer knows what he's getting with Miles (whereas he doesn't with Gruden).
5. Miles checks all the boxes that Fulmer wants in terms of offensive and defensive philosophies, a desire to be here, willing to allow Fulmer to dictate assistant coach hires, a championship pedigree and he won't break the bank. Miles will take the job for probably half what Gruden wants.

Bonus: We really don't even know if Gruden really wants to coach and if he does if college interests him at all.

Though I'm Gruden til it ain't, it pains me to say that the signs are all point to Miles.

I think I agree with all of this.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there hasn't been any sort of "positive" grumor other than Boro saying he thought the Tuesday meeting was still on. Boro is a standup dude, but his sources have been dead wrong in the past. Otherwise, the only positive is that there hasn't been a public no.

Jav, blackjack, ATL Vol all are radio silent I believe? I haven't even seen LWS lately. Beav doesnt' count. I love Knuckle as a poster, but I haven't bought in to him as an insider.

I frequent VQ and the Grudenites over there don't inspire confidence as they looked rather bad during the Shiano fiasco.

There simply isn't any smoke...Wallace, Brice, Hargis, etc are off the train. Basillio has flopped back to the no side. All the others don't count because they have always been negative.

Sucks, but I'm ready to move on.

Like I said earlier...it's possible that Tuesday meeting got moved up. Could have happened last night.

I'm hearing absolutely nothing today. I've been dubious since the Schiano debacle, and last week's drama that he'd take another look at us. That info yesterday was the first positive signs I had heard in a while. It was big enough to get me excited.

I think what's obvious right now is that we don't know anything.

Reactions: 9 people
.Duke over on VQ has officially changed his mind again (that's twice this morning to mimic his ongoing pattern). He is now OUT as well.

This question may have already been answered but I haven't been on the this thread as much lately so I might have missed it...

But did we ever confirm that Gruden bought a house in Knoxville? I know we were assuming it true the last time I heard about it, but was there ever any hard confirmation? Before the Schiano fiasco, this was the piece that had me the most convinced about Gruden. No way he bought a house if he wasn't at least thinking about coaching.

Now that the mood is picking back up in here, I'd like to know if the House rumor is still being accepted as true.

I thought that was debunked as there was no record of a purchase of the rumored house, or by Gruden or his family.

If he indeed did say no, and the University is going to let us know, how would you suggest they do so? You know this will be tough to break because to many people are way too invested (me included).

Probably in the obituary section of the newspaper with details of a visitation for all of volnation to console each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back