Official Jon Gruden Thread XLVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we hear of a press conference for today, then I have a terrible feeling it won't be Gruden. JMO, but he has a game tomorrow night and he might not want to interfere with that.

I don’t know....IMO, I feel if they were announcing Gruden it would be before MNF. A Sunday would be perfect. Then he could address it on MNF. Ratings through the roof for ESPN.

It wouldn’t make sense to me for a Tuesday announcement. But what do I know lol.

Reactions: 1 person
Starting to wonder if we need to get ahead of the horse and start the email campaign NOW!

Most likely. Gotta keep the pressure on. He’s going to figure out a way to fight back at some point, so the more that can be done to keep him off balance, the better. People like the Haslams never give up their affinity for power.

Reactions: 3 people
I have a feeling that there is a strong story behind your choice of avatars.
Seeing it brings up memories I hadn't experienced in so many decades ... and from a time when, in my lifetime, Vol football and even the NFL, were the best ever.

If the hacksaw story is true as is commonly described, just how in the hell did the two halves of the car disappear so quickly?
!

And I know you aren't asking for it, but THANK YOU for your DECISIVE and FEARLESS endeavor ....

I salute you, SIR.

jack-reynolds-card.jpg

Grude morning Grudenville!

Looks like hope is alive and well. Stay strong and hold the course.

Soon!

Sometimes the obvious answer is the answer..

BTW is that what Occam's razor is?

Occam's razor is a problem-solving principle attributed to William of Ockham (c. 1287–1347), who was an English Franciscan friar and scholastic philosopher and theologian. The principle can be interpreted as stating Among competing hypotheses, the one with the fewest assumptions should be selected.

I don’t know....IMO, I feel if they were announcing Gruden it would be before MNF. A Sunday would be perfect. Then he could address it on MNF. Ratings through the roof for ESPN.

It wouldn’t make sense to me for a Tuesday announcement. But what do I know lol.

He would be in a tough spot. I'm sure he would be questioned about everything that has gone on this past week. Probably not the best thing for him to start out with. Who knows?

I think Gruden could announce whenever, really. If he is announced today or tomorrow, then I’m sure espn could find a replacement in the booth or he does one final broadcast. Other than the logistics of ensuring he is in Knoxville for the presser during a busy period of prep for MNF, I don’t think it’s much of an issue.

But I know nothing. I know nothing, Jon Snow.

Reactions: 2 people
Occam's razor is a problem-solving principle attributed to William of Ockham (c. 1287–1347), who was an English Franciscan friar and scholastic philosopher and theologian. The principle can be interpreted as stating Among competing hypotheses, the one with the fewest assumptions should be selected.

Which is the exact opposite of the Gruden threads. What fun would that be?

He would be in a tough spot. I'm sure he would be questioned about everything that has gone on this past week. Probably not the best thing for him to start out with. Who knows?

It will be a hurricane of interest from the media if and when he does get announced. He seems pretty capable of shutting things down and controlling the narrative. Questions will be asked and chaos will reign regardless of a Sunday or a Tuesday.

Last edited:
Letter from the Grand Master to Boosters

“Earlier today, Chancellor Davenport asked me to serve as the leader of our athletics department. I accepted without hesitation. It is an honor to be your Director of Athletics at the University of Tennessee during this time in our storied history. It was an easy decision because of how much I care about the University of Tennessee and the people that support it.

This university is a wonderful place. I appreciate your past philanthropic support and I know that you are committed to this great university and our tremendous student-athletes moving forward. I’m ready to lead our 20 sport programs and more than 500 student-athletes. However, my immediate responsibility is to find the next leader of our football program who will guide us back to a championship level. It will not be easy and we need you — as a true stakeholder — to help me unite our Tennessee family. This is a great and proud place, with wonderful history, great people, great resources, and great fans. There’s a reason we’re one of the top 10 winningest programs in the history of college football and we will return to that level again.

Thank you for your support, let’s go win championships.”

Reactions: 7 people
I think Gruden could announce whenever, really. If he is announced today or tomorrow, then I’m sure espn could find a replacement in the booth or he does one final broadcast. Other than the logistics of ensuring he is in Knoxville for the presser during a busy period of prep for MNF, I don’t think it’s much of an issue.

But I know nothing. I know nothing, Jon Snow.

Good point. I was leaning toward a quick turnaround between announcement and final MNF. He doesn’t have many Mondays left in the season.

I drink and I know things—Tyrion Lannister

I drink and I have no clue what’s gonna happen—-Wild @s a Mink

Reactions: 4 people
It will be a hurricane of interest from the media if and when he dies get announced. He seems pretty capable of shutting things down and controlling the narrative. Questions will be asked and chaos will reign regardless of a Sunday or a Tuesday.

I agree, just looking at it from a different point of view. That's why I said who knows.

After reading the Vampire story, which I believe most of it, I change my mind.

IF...there is any truth to Gruden, I mean any, they should take a camera crew with them and announce it the very second he finishes the N.

Reactions: 8 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back