Official Jon Gruden Thread XLVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
History is an excellent teacher for the future. After Kiffin Haslam and his puppet Hamilton plane hopped from coach to coach until one said yes and they came back with Dooley. After they screw up in 2012 Haslam and Hart plane hop from coach to coach and come back with Butch. 2016 after another screw up, Haslam and the puppet Currie plane hop and is probably coming back with another mediocre coach in Leach. The pattern of control and poor dicisions is there for us to see. Haslam wants to be in total control and will not consider any coach that will ask for a lot or complete control. Its as simple as that.

^This. We've seen this show before. It doesn't matter what shiny new toy they dangle out in front of us. The merits of any particular coach don't matter. So long as Currie is still employed, they win. Currie could trot out the ghost of General Neyland and we should reject him.

FIRE. BEFORE. HIRE.

Reactions: 7 people
Well I gave you a like,
But I am more partial to the Simon and Garfunkel version.
Older generation :hi:

I like the S&G version too, I just remember how everyone went nuts when the Disturbed version was released, so that one has stuck with me more.

Here comes Gruden, Here comes Gruden, right down Fulmer Way
Lane is a *****, Gruden is a Grinder, a champion who will stay
Jon's recruiting, Phil's pooting, all is merry and bright
so pray to Drunk Johnny and lardaass Phil that Gruden comes through tonight. OOOOOOOOHH.
Her comes Gruden, Here Comes Gruden, right down Peyton Pass
those who doubt the word of Revere will kiss my rosie red ass
kids will clamor, adults will get hammered, butts will fill the seats.
a great recruiter, a real straight shooter, Gruden is tough to beat.
Merry Christman Vols

An instant classic.

Seems like everyone is losing sight of the real problem again. Yall are starting tonget desperate for a hire of any sort now.

Trust me. THEY make a hire you can kiss TN football goodbye forever. Yall are getting desperate.

Reactions: 6 people
Grude Mortin everyone!

Can we get back on track and get Currie gone. Seems as if we almost did before all the Leach BS came out!

Gruden to the Hill!

DeerHunter rocks!

Soon!

Reactions: 3 people
PositiveBitterBlackmamba-small.gif

I can’t speak for everyone, but what I want is a solid answer one way or another on Gruden. If it’s no, then there’s closure and we move on.

It is a definite no if Currie makes the hire. It is very unlikely at this point even if Currie is fired.

What happened to local media beginning to turn on Currie and Haslam?

Everything is quiet now and everyone is drooling over Mike Leach. Yawn. Another 4 year debacle. Haslam puppet.

But that’s the thing to me. Leach is a freakin moron and goofball. His antics cover up his record. He videoed himself riding to school on a bike with sandals and was shirtless. Wha..??? But most of all, he’s so weird, I don’t think he could ever bend to Haslam and Currie. That’s my hope in that nothing gets done. I’m so disappointed in the acceptance of Leach on here.

Reactions: 2 people
I'm still Gruden till it's not. However, I feel like the walls are closing in. Over the past 3 weeks I can without a doubt say that I've spent more time looking at these Gruden threads than I have the work I'm supposed to be doing. If I could go back knowing what I know now, I wouldn't change a thing.

#Soon

Reactions: 1 person
History is an excellent teacher for the future. After Kiffin Haslam and his puppet Hamilton plane hopped from coach to coach until one said yes and they came back with Dooley. After they screw up in 2012 Haslam and Hart plane hop from coach to coach and come back with Butch. 2016 after another screw up, Haslam and the puppet Currie plane hop and is probably coming back with another mediocre coach in Leach. The pattern of control and poor dicisions is there for us to see. Haslam wants to be in total control and will not consider any coach that will ask for a lot or complete control. Its as simple as that.

You do realize it's 2017 right? Almost 2018?

Ok, focus people focus. I agree, fire before hire. Leach is an interesting choice, but hold the course.

I’m out to go plan a winter party for a bunch of seven year olds. Don’t forget your emails and tweets. Keep up the pressure.

How does Candidate B have only 5 championship games, but a championship winning percentage of 55.6%? With only 5 games in his resume, his winning percentage would forcibly be 0%, 20%, 40%, 60%, 80%, or 100%. So how did you come up with 55.6%?

And even if he wasn't head coach for some of those 5 games, there's still no way to come up with 55.6% as head coach. If only 4 of the 5 he was head coach, his % should be 0%, 25%, 50%, 75%, or 100%. If only 3, the possible outcomes are 0%, 33%, 67%, and 100%. And so on.

So where on earth did you get 55.6%?

The .571 for Coach C is looking a little suspect at this point, too, because we know Coach B is suspicious.

But before we try to figure that out, please explain the Coach B mystery.

Thanks!

p.s. Good morning, everyone. Great day to be alive (considering the alternative). :hi:

Re-read my disclaimer, % playoffs/championship​ games is as a HC. All other "championships" are related to teams associated with in some capacity. So with your question the winning percentage is not directly nor entirely dependent upon the associated overall championship numbers.

You're problem with this history lesson is that both those coaches had unproven, mediocre success--well Dooley wasn't successful but Butch was at his two stints. Leach is not in the caliber of those two. He's been at two Power 5 schools and succeeded at both. Anyone grouping him in with Jones and Dooley have clearly never seen Leach in action. Based on where we are, Leach would be a home run. He was always my number 2 behind Gruden, and if he's actually in play, this would be a huge get all things considered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back