Official Jon Gruden Thread XLIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have seen all these names all day...all DC's, Tee and Morris being OC's but no mention of what jobs they were being interviewed for but everyone assumes it's for HC but that doesn't make sense. I think the head coach has already been decided on.

And the one tweet said Tee had Said he would be up to coaching any position. That tells me it's a big hire you would think.

Reactions: 2 people
That’s not why I don’t want him. His ties to Bama are too deep to coach at Tennessee. Born there, played there, coaches there... HC at Bama is his dream job.

One of our best is an Alabama alum Andy, Cutcliffe. If we eliminated coaches that weren’t alums we would be one of the first schools to ever do that, and there’s a reason it’d be a first, because it isn’t a smart thing to do.

I understand your frustration, as I had huge aspirations for this hire, but Pruitt is solid. We will be getting a hell of a coach and recruiter.

Reactions: 1 person
giphy.gif

Girl,
You are a rascal

Well he’s 66 years old and I don’t see him coaching much past 70... So I’d guess another 4 years, 5 tops.

Then he’s here for 4-5 years and the program is stable again. Either way we are the last school that matters to make a hire.

We have to get it done now.

I don't believe for a second that Pruitt will be the HC.

I've got to agree with you on that. Nothing about hiring Pruitt (or his contemporaries) makes sense when there is an SEC and national title winning coach who wants to take the job, unless we're hiring him and giving him a big raise to be DC for that coach, or for Gruden.

I seriously wish this had been handled properly from day 1. Our fans, alumni and students do not deserve what we've been through. I thought Currie was a snake when the Schiano thing came to light, but when he went after the Leacher I felt like he was finally doing the right thing. Fulmer had better do at least as well as Leach, or Big Orange Country will have a shorter fuse for the next coach than ever before. Until we hear differently, I have to believe old Phil will get it right.

I want JG, but my mindset has changed. In a negotiation the other side has to want something you are offering. If they don't want what you are selling you are F'd, move on. JG either wants to be a VFL or not. Everything else is minutia and negotiating. At this point he seema to not want it. That puts us in a position of begging. F that. On to better things.

Reactions: 4 people
This is the most important hire at UT in 10 years. I cannot see Phil taking a chance hiring a head coach from our biggest rival. Think of the firestorm if Pruitt fails. You ain't seen nothing yet if that happens and Phil's reputation would be forever tarnished.

Just can’t make it make sense why go thru all chit we’ve been thru over the last couple weeks not counting the last 10 yrs only to hire an unproven coordinator as HC

You think he led the entire University to believe he was coming and then simply said no?

PV wouldn't troll us, he's got WAY more things to keep him busy. Trolls usually are people begging for attention because they never get any. This doesn't fit who PV is.

There's gotta be something I'm missing.

Yeah. You're missing the part that we're on an anonymous message board and PV could be anybody and all these "insiders" have been "vetted" by other anonymous "insiders".

Hey, I hope I'm wrong and Gruden is announced tomorrow.

Not much reason to be optimistic right now.

I'm out for the night. Hopefully, I can come back tomorrow and celebrate with the gang of OGs, but I've had enough for the time being. More important things to put my time into.

Well after the countless hours spent in this thread, "connecting dots" and reading cryptic messages, Pruitt is our next head coach.

See you all in a few years

This does not apply to just you, in fact it applies to those that don't think Gruden is even a remote possibility, but why would any "source" come out and say "yes, he's coming"? I mean I could more see him letting it be known he does not want the job, but then again of course he would say "no", if he didn't want it to be known. How many times did Saban say "I'm not going to be the Alabama coach"?
We’re so far past this point though. Like... maybe he was a possibility once, but he’s not now.

You really think that after the ish show we’ve watched unfold, there’s a plan being executed that literally no one in the media is giving a shot? I’m talking currently... not stuff that was said weeks ago before all this blew up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back