Official Jon Gruden Thread XLIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the great things about Gruden will be QB under center. Fullback, running back, play action pass down field...Oh MY!

Edit: I should have noted that the best thing will be that TN football will be back in the hands of the family!

Last edited:
I heard on the radio yesterday or Friday that Spurrier was a real option at UF if a big name could not be secured. Hope we don’t get into that situation.

You guys really think it would be this quiet if it wasn’t Gruden? There are probably 4 people that know with certainty who the coach is going to be. If it was anyone other than Gruden I think the boosters would have leaked it. Reason being is at that point why would they care if they piss Currie off or lose his trust. I think it’s Gruden if it wasn’t we’d already know as I guarantee whoever it is already signed the dotted line.

You know...this is a damn good point.

Reactions: 1 person
Simply just some of the connect the dot missing pieces many of us witnessed from just one of the players that got us where We are today....
Originally Posted by MIT_Beaver

10-18-2017, 10:46 PM
I called the university today (my alumni engagement) representative and told them to inform the AD’s office that I will donate $100,000 to the University if they hire Gruden. Already have a Brick in Haslam building with my name on it might as well get a couple more if it means we get to experience the reign of Gruden the Orange.

10-19-2017, 07:38 PM
I told you the misinformation campaign starts now and will last until ESPN breaks the story. The source for this was UTAD.

10-19-2017, 08:14 PM
His info is wrong. What you guys don’t know is Jon Gruden was going to be laid off at the end of this year. ESPN informed Gruden in August and PM has been working him since then in case this year went sideways on Butch (It did).

10-19-2017, 08:32 PM
I know a EVP that works for the Mouse.

10-19-2017, 09:40 PM
The reason I am even giving you guys this info is because I was in your shoes in 2012. I wanted Gruden badly and was disappointed when we hired Butch who I have been against since 2014. I have hated the past 3 years of UT football because it has been the definition of mediocre. BUT NOW WE HAVE REASON TO BE HOPEFUL. Gruden has agreed to the deal and the it is moving forward. Jesus pay attention to the silence, Vegas odds which will move more in the coming days, and the former VFL players.

Also people wonder how I have so much info? A little secret about the world is the higher you get the smaller the world becomes.

10-19-2017, 11:16 PM
Your the third person to suggest I came from wealth or a trust fund baby. I grew up poor and earned everything I own.

Will anyone celebrate with me or am I going to be the only son of a ***** sporting a Grude On. We got our man, and Big Al’s tweet is regarding Gruden not the buyout.

10-20-2017, 02:46 PM
I don’t have the full story on the early week back and forth negotiations but a couple points Currie had to iron out with Grudens team is staff salary (he wanted a bigger budget) and sponsorship approval (UTAD doesn’t want Hooters like sponsors for the HC at UT).

10-20-2017, 11:16 PM
I was told about 3 weeks ago that Currie and Butch had a conversation regarding the possibility that he will not be the Coach next year. Butch was pretty adamant during it that he would “get ever penny” of the buyout. I don’t see how UT could get out of paying him.

Your going to be even more entertained when you realize boosters aren’t putting up $12 million for Butch boys buyout to get PJ ****ing Fleck. We got our white whale and the Tennessee is returning to its rightful place on top.

10-21-2017, 11:15 AM
Oh I am here, I am just laughing at all of the Negavols and misinformation coming out. Watch for some more tweets/signals from VFL this weekend. The brutality of the loss today against Bama is going to make some of them post some optimistic things regarding our future (Hints that we landed the big fish).

Today I will be enjoying some old scotch, a nice cigar, and hopefully a couple birdies in my round of golf.

10-21-2017, 09:20 PM
No idea who breaks the story on Butch’s firing but ESPN gets the Gruden story.

10-25-2017, 03:40 PM
To Volnation - I am sorry you guys are getting punished for something you didn’t do. I just couldn’t stay around with some people on this forum and TOS posting the wrong names of people in the attempt to Dox me. I will not have innocent people be harmed from my actions.

And one final message.........

Soon

Attachments

• StormComin.jpg
    StormComin.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 12
Reactions: 11 people
The Grude News, the morning edition. For those just joining us...

OX0yQ.gif

What to say this morning? It's been a while since updates have occurred since most of the info was purely rumor and the last one claimed we had Gruden in the bag. I kind of slacked on giving the updates that often since no news was good news. But being that the current rumors are circulating, let's give a recap, shall we?

First off, big rumors are there is an announcement coming today. A couple of reputable Twitter users (not sure if that should be construed as humor) have made the claims John Currie will announce a head coach today. And if true, this fan base could use a shot in the arm. Or a shot of something. After yesterday, we need it because no mattress is safe at the moment.

Speaking of, most retailers have overstocked on mattresses in anticipation of the coaching announcement. One source stated "we give fire sale a whole new meaning when UT football is down." When asked if the hire turned out to be a home run for Tennessee, retail managers stated they would send the overstock to Alabama where there was a sudden shortage after yesterday.

And speaking of Twitter, a bunch of our current players decided to follow VFL Tee Martin on Twitter recently. Being that Martin was spoken of behind the scenes in our Grumors, this very well could be significant. I doubt the team has been told as loose lips sink ships and all, but I have this feeling even the team members can see the way the winds are blowing.

OG Slice/Maximus/Identity Crisis Poster #1 has heard from his sources there is a potential for Chris Petersen to be announced as the newest head coach of the Vols. And honestly, most Grudenites have paused before nodding and saying "okay, that's a pretty dang good consolation prize." Slice has been reasonably quiet up until the past few days and we at Volnation News believe he probably angered his wife Red over something. We tend to think she's an OG herself and banished him from the internet until he was slightly more positive.

His sources still think his name is Richard for some reason as well and seem excited to see him with texts of "Dick!" coming in frequently. Who knew Slice was such a popular guy?

Anyway, still not much leaking from the AD at the moment on this. However, Boro dropped a nugget that allegedly the graphics and printing folks at UT were instructed to come in Sunday (today) for some reason. Which could mean good things if an announcement is nigh.

Somehow, we've reverted to plan tracking. Always good for a chuckle, but were thrown off that scent by Atlanta some time ago. Basically he said we were barking up the wrong tree.

Most of the media continues to bumble around in the dark. Which can be a good sign the AD still has information on lock down. The same names keep coming up like Mullen to which Jimmy Sexton sincerely thanks people like Chris Low for making his wallet that much fatter.

But we're all in a wait and see pattern for the moment. Like an airliner waiting for a gate to open up, we are stuck on the taxiway and inch forward every so often to get our hopes up, but only to stop once again. We can see the end of our journey, but just can't make it to the gate yet. Patience is the key.

This will be a shorter recap since there really isn't much verified news out there. Lot of rumors and plenty of our known sources telling us to stay the course. So, we wait...

In other news today, a woman was seen at Disney World while running around in a hand painted orange Mickey hat and Tennessee shirt while yelling "WOOOO!" from the song Rocky Top at other guests. Authorities say the woman was not threatening as she came off various rides with a large cheesy grin and attempted to start "Gruden conga lines" with other guests. Apparently the movement was semi-successful as most other non-SEC team fans joined in the fun since "we'd rather have that Gruden guy at your school instead of having to face him every year."

Disney officials are contemplating offering the lady full time employment as a feature attraction and guide to the Stitch's Great Escape ride in the Magic Kingdom. "The ride has been down as of late and it takes a sharp lady to get people excited about getting in that line. If we can plan this correctly, her conga line dances could end up right at the entrance where we have them trapped into going on the ride." It is also reported Dollywood is considering a counter offer to keep "such great talent in the great State of Tennessee."

From the entire Volnation News Team, I'm Grand Vol and the past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it, or learn from it

(All information herein is specifically parody unless otherwise indicated by real posters or events)

Reactions: 19 people
Thanks!!! That tells me all I need to know about the name dropping then. Seems people are busy making money, including the media.........

Yep...and if they spread false information, who cares? In 5 minutes it'll be forgotten about. That's one the by-products of 24-hour news.

I heard on the radio yesterday or Friday that Spurrier was a real option at UF if a big name could not be secured. Hope we don’t get into that situation.

I would be surprised if Spurrier becomes their HC in any situation, maybe interim....still doubtful!

ESPN segment just now on the SEC open coaching positions. Chris Low said it was between Mullen, Schiano and Campbell. This dead horse has been beaten thoroughly for weeks now but I don't care how tight of a lid you think you have on it, someone is going to let something slip along the way and be credible. It's not like Currie is the only one who knows what is going on. I hope it is Gruden like most everyone else on here but I find it hard to believe that we are at this stage of the game and there is no "real, credible" information out there as to who it will be.

I agree if it was Gruden we would be hearing leaks by now. Currie can keep his employees quiet but no way he could control ESPN employees or potential staff employees.

Reactions: 2 people
Thanks!!! That tells me all I need to know about the name dropping then. Seems people are busy making money, including the media.........

I doubt very seriously the media folks are being paid to report it. My thoughts are the agents in question are giving these hints since they are really the ultimate "insider" info sources and would always be in the loop for any coaching search. Even better sources than those inside the AD other than those actually doing the negotiations for the most part.

They are doing their due diligence by passing it on and being "first" to do so.

I like this...I could buy this...hmmm🤔

This would be great. I’m hopeful. But I doubt Currie is the big dog. JMO. But maybe there is a new alpha dog at UT and business as usual is changing dramatically. But the big dog is usually the one with the most money or the most influence. Either way, I have to say I’m impressed with the flow of info. Or lilac hair there of. It’s happened just as Currie said it would....so far.

I've asked this question many times and have yet to get an answer. Can an agent pay a member of the media to put the name of his client out? Example, pay them a set amount every time they are mentioned on the radio, twitter,FB

No that doesn't happen. But if an agent wanted a story out there, than most reporters will consider the agent as a reliable source and run with the statement. Now what does happen is that the UTAD or coaches will control the message that is going out and limited or restrict the media members access if they don't cooperate. See Jimmy Hyams. Remember the CBJ press conference after the Tuttle injury happened, John Adams was asking a hard question about it and CBJ said "no Jimmy gets the last question not John," and Jimmy for once asked did his job and asked Butch the same question that John was asking and the CBJ meltdown followed. To maintain access most of these guys will follow the talking points that is given to them.

I would be surprised if Spurrier becomes their HC in any situation, maybe interim....still doubtful!

It was reported to be just to stabilize the program until a replacement could be found. Was the Paul Finebaum show so TIFWIW. Just sounded a little out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back