Official Jon Gruden Thread XLIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
ESPN segment just now on the SEC open coaching positions. Chris Low said it was between Mullen, Schiano and Campbell. This dead horse has been beaten thoroughly for weeks now but I don't care how tight of a lid you think you have on it, someone is going to let something slip along the way and be credible. It's not like Currie is the only one who knows what is going on. I hope it is Gruden like most everyone else on here but I find it hard to believe that we are at this stage of the game and there is no "real, credible" information out there as to who it will be.

If its that list we are screwed

Honestly I’d prob take a shot at Campbell before Mullen. At least Campbell can beat high ranked teams

Reactions: 4 people
I love this place. I don’t have to watch ESPN, Twitter, FB, flight plans, or any other type of outlet. Just hit refresh every now and then.

Reactions: 9 people
ESPN segment just now on the SEC open coaching positions. Chris Low said it was between Mullen, Schiano and Campbell. This dead horse has been beaten thoroughly for weeks now but I don't care how tight of a lid you think you have on it, someone is going to let something slip along the way and be credible. It's not like Currie is the only one who knows what is going on. I hope it is Gruden like most everyone else on here but I find it hard to believe that we are at this stage of the game and there is no "real, credible" information out there as to who it will be.

I personally think they are guessing based on names people (agents) are talking about

Reactions: 2 people

You would think Chris Low would not misspell Gruden so badly, three times no less.

Reactions: 3 people

Chris low can ead

Reactions: 6 people
To show you how irrelevant we have become, here is a quote from AOS...

[–]YellowWristBand 15 minutes ago*
I’m so out of the loop with Tee Martin. Who is he and what position is he wanted for? And is this a good choice?

I've asked this question many times and have yet to get an answer. Can an agent pay a member of the media to put the name of his client out? Example, pay them a set amount every time they are mentioned on the radio, twitter,FB

Currie has let this $hit show go on for too long and if he were to roll out anyone other than Gruden there's going to be a lot of money lost on the front end. You can't make a hire and hope you get a return in 2 years, especially with a big renovation on the line where you specifically asked for more money up front.

This is fascinating. I agree something should have been leaked either way right now and I believe UT has their coach already so it’s not for a lack of decision that the media is confused. So this leads me to one (hopeful) conclusion:

Currie has his man and it’s good. Real good. He also has an amazing ability to keep a tight lid on information which is respectable in this day and age.

But most importantly - maybe he’s giving a “**** you” to the current media covering UT sports. Maybe he wants to put Hyams and others in their place and let them know that they aren’t going to be privy to all insider information. I’m not sure what the strategy would be here, but maybe he’s just breaking up the “old guard” and starting fresh from top to bottom.

New coach
New mentality
New control of info
New big dog in town and that big dog is Currie.

Reactions: 8 people
I asked this question many times and have yet to get an answer. Can an agent pay a member of the media to put the name of his client out? Example, pay them a set amount every time they are mentioned on the radio, twitter,FB

I have no real knowledge. But it would certainly seem unethical. Not illegal. And I’m sure ethics is high on an agents priority list. But is it much different from buying advertisements from media members?

I asked this question many times and have yet to get an answer. Can an agent pay a member of the media to put the name of his client out? Example, pay them a set amount every time they are mentioned on the radio, twitter,FB

Or the agent drops the name through a third party with known sources in the media.

And the answer is yes, they can and probably do. Increase their client's pay which in turn increases their pay. Jimmy Sexton is a genius at getting mediocre talent like the coach at Moo State raises based off how many times he's mentioned at other schools.

Stewart Mandel

?When I first started covering CFB in the late '90s it would have been incomprehensible that one day Nebraska, Tennessee & Florida would all finish a season w/ 4 wins.?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 7 people
Or the agent drops the name through a third party with known sources in the media.

And the answer is yes, they can and probably do. Increase their client's pay which in turn increases their pay. Jimmy Sexton is a genius at getting mediocre talent like the coach at Moo State raises based off how many times he's mentioned at other schools.

Don't forget Fulmer to the Carolina Panthers. Ole Jimmy held that over Hamilton's head a time or 2.

Reactions: 1 person
This is fascinating. I agree something should have been leaked either way right now and I believe UT has their coach already so it’s not for a lack of decision that the media is confused. So this leads me to one (hopeful) conclusion:

Currie has his man and it’s good. Real good. He also has an amazing ability to keep a tight lid on information which is respectable in this day and age.

But most importantly - maybe he’s giving a “**** you” to the current media covering UT sports. Maybe he wants to put Hyams and others in their place and let them know that they aren’t going to be privy to all insider information. I’m not sure what the strategy would be here, but maybe he’s just breaking up the “old guard” and starting fresh from top to bottom.

New coach
New mentality
New control of info
New big dog in town and that big dog is Currie.

I like this...I could buy this...hmmm🤔

First, what is AOS?
Second, those expecting an announcement today could be setting yourselves up for disappointment.
It will happens between today and Wednesday...it could be today but if it’s not I don’t want folks coming in here losing their minds wanting to wear all their UT gear and jump off Henley Street Bridge...

VFLnSFD, enjoy Disney! It’s one of my favorite places ever!

I recall someone mentioning that one of Gruden’s requirements for becoming head coach would be that no information regarding the football team would be released from the Athletic department.

Currie sure has passed the first test with flying colors.

Reactions: 1 person
You guys really think it would be this quiet if it wasn’t Gruden? There are probably 4 people that know with certainty who the coach is going to be. If it was anyone other than Gruden I think the boosters would have leaked it. Reason being is at that point why would they care if they piss Currie off or lose his trust. I think it’s Gruden if it wasn’t we’d already know as I guarantee whoever it is already signed the dotted line.

Thanks!!! That tells me all I need to know about the name dropping then. Seems people are busy making money, including the media.........

Currie has let this $hit show go on for too long and if he were to roll out anyone other than Gruden there's going to be a lot of money lost on the front end. You can't make a hire and hope you get a return in 2 years, especially with a big renovation on the line where you specifically asked for more money up front.

Well said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back