Official Jon Gruden Thread XLII

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is sort of where I am. Just too many arrows pointing to Gruden. I almost feel like it’s Gruden, or we’re left holding our schlongs like FL.

What does it hurt to believe? It's free, it makes you feel positive, and it just adds up. Worse case I get ribbed by some buddies for a few days....best case...I get to talk sh** for years!!!

Reactions: 3 people
Gentlemen and ladies-
What is done is done. We cannot change this crap bucket of a season. The administration knows the fan base demands Gruden. I believe good things come when least expected. However, Gruden is expected and demanded. You thought that the stadium was empty tonight? Trot out mullentard or mcgoogle. Gruden to the Hill.

Reactions: 2 people
I understand the media not believing it would be Gruden but why do none of them even entertain the possibility? He has a Tennessee connection - he would seem more believable than Petersen to me. Why do they expect us to scoff at Gruden then swallow that Petersen would be possible? I remember hoping last time but they made it seem like Gruden was never in play so it's hard for me to be all in this time. There's nothing else that even seems believable out there though.

Am I certain of this? Yes. But my point is that there has been so much secrecy, so much mis-information, flights to throw people off, and reporters speculating, that it's going to be near impossible for anyone to make sense of it all.

Would be great for Currie to write a summary of events after the fact. It could make for a blueprint for other ADs on how to handle a coach search. He's been brilliant and one step ahead of everyone. Or 5 steps.

When it's over, he'll be celebrated and we'll all tip our hat. :hi:

The secrecy is what makes me think it may be Gruden and I'm still 50/50 as I have been all along. Nebraska has already disclosed a possible target, UCLA did, and Florida did. Why do we need to be secret? Are we afraid someone will hire a coach that we are targeting just because we are targeting him?

I understand the media not believing it would be Gruden but why do none of them even entertain the possibility? He has a Tennessee connection - he would seem more believable than Petersen to me. Why do they expect us to scoff at Gruden then swallow that Petersen would be possible? I remember hoping last time but they made it seem like Gruden was never in play so it's hard for me to be all in this time. There's nothing else that even seems believable out there though.

They can’t run the “Gruden was never an option” story this time. We know that to be false at this point.

I'll be watching from the couch. I don't know that the folks I talked to know any more than you or me. Everyone has a rumor right now. Sadly it seems like a Vols move so it's believable.

Not sure what would make me feel worse, Les Miles or Google State.

Here is the crappy part.. with the history of the last 3 hires it wouldn't be a shock to any of us.

That's a sad testament to the leadership of our beloved Vols.

But I'm all in for Gruden until it aint..

They are going to have to prove to me again that they don't care.

What does it hurt to believe? It's free, it makes you feel positive, and it just adds up. Worse case I get ribbed by some buddies for a few days....best case...I get to talk sh** for years!!!

/\
This is the definition of being a Grudenite.

*Well put Hawk

Last edited:
Please tell me it’s just because he wants to see a glimpse of Grudens presser.

While I believe Mullen is an incredible upgrade over our past two coaches, I don't see the AD and BOT sinking $340 million into Neyland and then putting Mullen in the stadium. I think he'd win here, but seems like that fits a Gruden or Peterson storyline.

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back