Official Jon Gruden thread XL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vacation starts tomorrow and I will be out of pocket for blocks Sunday-Wednesday. It will be a test of willpower...

I've gotten a crash course on twitter and have push notifications on VolNations Forums (on all new threads). Hoping that lets me know to get back in here to celebrate the joyous occasion.

You all have a great Thanksgiving and stay safe!
giphy.gif

Reactions: 6 people
One of the best atmospheres I’ve experienced in a long time was the 2015 Oklahoma game even though we lost. I’m certain I still have throat damage from that game.

One of the best experiences I’ve had in Neyland stadium was the Florida game last year when Jennings caught that 75 yard TD from Dobbs after being down 21-3 at halftime. I saw two grown men crying and hugging.

Just thought I’d share that. Those memories will always be with me and my friends with me that day.

This place is unlike any other.

SOON

I also was at the ‘15 Oklahoma game and agree that the atmosphere was one of the better experiences in recent UT Football games. That game was awesome in every way except the final score - glad we’ve moved on from Lyle.

Soon.

Reactions: 1 person
Ok, as I see it, UT Football is a pretty darn big business, if it was publicly traded, the stock might not be at an all time high, but it would be getting a pretty big following, especially from the dumps it's been in the last 10 yrs, the powers that be can't be oblivious to this, Gruden to the Hill !!!!!

A belated buono notte and a buongiorno for tomorrow. I like Chris White and have been up against him trying to get a rebound. Didn't really like that but reading between the lines we have two different opinions of being next to Chris White, LOL

Good night, Pioneer Pete!

It was a great night of memories for all.

Good night, Grudenites!

Soon.

100%

My favorite Vol..Chuck Webb...I loved watching that kid run, if not for the injury and Reggie Cobb being an NFL talent in the same backfield Chuck probably would have won a Heisman...it broke my heart when he went down against freaking Pacific.

My favorite team...The 85 Sugar Vols.

My favorite game..The Sugar Bowl that season. That team had so much pure guts, and epitomizes what being Tennessee Volunteers are supposed to be about.

Reactions: 5 people
45-3 romp was my first Vol game. Was awesome.

A good one indeed. Bought a scalped ticket for $20 on my b'day. Didn't even look at seat # on ticket and got on 3rd row in south endzone.

I was in the nose bleeds but being my first it was the perfect view for the Carnage. Total destruction of a football team that day .

mrmax86's Guide to the Gruden Threads (v3.1.40):

I’ve been putting together data using the number of times we’ve all been posting since the beginning of the Gruden Threads. [post=14636836]Here[/post] is a list of all, and [post=14641566]here[/post] is the top poster from each thread.

Below is user Atlanta Vol’s important post regarding coaching search details (click the Spoiler button):
Below is user [redacted]’s detailed synopsis of Gruden's deal and the coming days (click the Spoiler button):
Below is user HearForGrumors Manifesto of the Great Gruden Conspiracy (click the Spoiler button):
Audio/Video of Gruden's 11/15/17 appearance on Mike and Mike below, where he doesn't deny the rumors and says "As you know in life, you never say never to nothin" (click the Spoiler button):
[twitterv]930777880291835904[/twitterv]
Below is video of Jon Gruden’s interview on Seattle radio, where he brings up Rocky Top un-prompted, and the announcers discuss how he asked them not to ask him about the rumors (click the Spoiler button):
[twitterv]931213488680263680[/twitterv]
Below is the comprehensive list of all Official Jon Gruden Threads (click the Spoiler button):
  • [thread=170135]Jon Gruden thread (merged)[/thread]
  • [thread=174150]Official Jon Gruden Thread II (merged)[/thread]
  • [thread=175559]Official Jon Gruden Thread III[/thread]
  • [thread=176242]Official Jon Gruden Thread IV[/thread]
  • [thread=176862]Official Jon Gruden Thread V[/thread]
  • [thread=177953]Official Jon Gruden Thread VI[/thread]
  • [thread=179002]Official Jon Gruden Thread VII[/thread]
  • [thread=179427]Official Jon Gruden Thread VIII[/thread]
  • [thread=180280]Official Jon Gruden Thread IX[/thread]
  • [thread=180682]Official Jon Gruden Thread X[/thread]
  • [thread=181172]Official Jon Gruden Thread XI[/thread]
  • [thread=181587]Official Jon Gruden Thread XII[/thread]
  • [thread=181912]Official Jon Gruden Thread XIII[/thread]
  • [thread=182223]Official Jon Gruden Thread XIV[/thread]
  • [thread=182757]Official Jon Gruden Thread XV[/thread]
  • [thread=183227]Official Jon Gruden Thread XVI[/thread]
  • [thread=280101]Official Jon Gruden Thread XVII[/thread]
  • [thread=280784]Official Jon Gruden Thread XVIII[/thread]
  • [thread=281025]Official Jon Gruden Thread XIX[/thread]
  • [thread=281136]Official Jon Gruden Thread XX[/thread]
  • [thread=281426]Official Jon Gruden Thread XXI[/thread]
  • [thread=281622]Official Jon Gruden Thread XXII[/thread]
  • [thread=281796]Official Jon Gruden Thread XXIII[/thread]
  • [thread=281970]Official Jon Gruden Thread XXIV[/thread]
  • [thread=282227]Official Jon Gruden Thread XXV[/thread]
  • [thread=282380]Official Jon Gruden Thread XXVI[/thread]
  • [thread=282491]Official Jon Gruden Thread XXVII[/thread]
  • [thread=282592]Official Jon Gruden Thread XXVIII[/thread]
  • [thread=282761]Official Jon Gruden Thread XXIX[/thread]
  • [thread=282916]Official Jon Gruden Thread 30[/thread]
  • [thread=283019]Official Jon Gruden Thread 31[/thread]
  • [thread=283120]Official Jon Gruden thread 32.[/thread]
  • [thread=283330]Official Jon Gruden Thread 33[/thread]
  • [thread=283486]Official Jon Gruden Thread 34[/thread]
  • [thread=283575]Official Jon Gruden Thread 35[/thread]
  • [thread=283660]Official Jon Gruden Thread 36[/thread]
  • [thread=283720]Official Jon Gruden Thread 37[/thread]
  • [thread=283820]Official Gruden Thread 38[/thread]
  • [thread=283948]Official Gruden Thread 39[/thread]
  • [thread=284082]Official Jon Gruden thread XL[/thread]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • [post=14325744]preacherwebb's GIF Posting Guide[/post]. Come in here with negativity and he'll put you on his LIST.
  • [post=14448286]How to change your settings to 50 posts per page[/post]
  • [post=14437150]How to multi-quote[/post]
  • [post=14381180]How to link Twitter posts on VN[/post]
  • Other VN BB Code Details
  • Need a summary of the latest goings on? Grand Vol summarizes it all for you every morning, midday, and evening. Check Here to find the latest iteration of "The Grude News".
-------------------------------------------------
  • THIS IS THE JON GRUDEN THREAD. Not The Dan Mullen Thread, or the Scott Frost Thread, or the Chip Kelly Thread. Get it?
  • NO POLITICS.Doesn't matter if you voted for Trump, Hillary, Peyton, or Rupert.
  • NO TROLLING. Quit playin’ games with our heart.
  • Everybody be nice, or Freak will boot your butt. Just ask Grude_Awakening. Pecker. Need an example of what's allowed and not allowed? [post=14635331]Freak has you covered[/post].
  • Most Vol Nugs are crap. Please refrain from posting and quoting them.
  • Our AD is John Currie, not Curry like chicken curry, and not Jon.
  • It's Jon Gruden, not John.
  • It’s Haslam, not Haslem.
  • It’s Charlie Ergen, not Ergin.
-------------------------------------------------
  • Plane tracking is encouraged.
  • Off-topic discussion is acceptable.
  • Please keep everything as PG as possible! Standard VN rule there.
  • Remember when this is all done, Gruden or no Gruden, these threads have made some fond memories for all of us. Let’s make it memorable!

MrMax you are amazing! Thank you for all your hard work.:)

Reactions: 3 people
Texas fan at work asked who we were going to hire. I naturally said Gruden, their response was, "who?". If it weren't for HR I would have had to hire a fifth person today instead of four.

Although I have wavered in the past I am supremely confident, it's gonna be Gruden.

All the haters out there saying it ain't gonna happen are just jealous of our e-wang.

I have to throw in my favorite game into the mix. 1998 Florida. I was in the student section as that final field goal was missed by the bad guys. We couldn't tell, but the reaction of the end zone crowd gave us all we needed. Next thing I remember was the crowd surging to the field. I didn't make it in time to tear down the first goal post, but actually got to climb onto the second one and help tear it down. I saw a picture later that I HATE that I didn't get from a clipping that shows me on top of the post as it started to topple.

Everywhere you went outside of the stadium, people were just tossing beers and other drinks to you. I also remember watching pieces of the goal post come down Volunteer from fraternity park. The strip and parties that night were epic.

And for what it's worth, we will continue on after Gruden is hired. There will be golf, bars, and many dilly dillys in our future!

Reactions: 2 people
I went to all the old threads and compiled how many times each of us posted in each thread. This is a crude list of the highest posters in the first 39 Gruden Threads.
smokeyhuntsgators 1381 1
smokeyhuntsgators 1033 2
smokeyhuntsgators 276 3
smokeyhuntsgators 487 4
Escape Goat 1132 5
Escape Goat 955 6
Jake 630 7
volatil 373 8
Coastypop 378 10
Escape Goat 254 11
Escape Goat 288 12
Escape Goat 293 13
GonzoforCuonzo 339 14
Coastypop 239 15
UTodd01 181 16
Coastypop 464 17
Coastypop 344 18
Coastypop 215 19
Coastypop 258 20
Coastypop 184 21
Coastypop 196 22
Coastypop 250 23
Hawkpilot 264 24
Hawkpilot 306 25
Hawkpilot 206 26
knucklehead_vol 234 27
Coastypop 258 28
Coastypop 226 29
VFLnSFD 190 30
VFLnSFD 205 31
Dudleys87 214 32
VFLnSFD 176 33
UTVolinExile 120 34
LakeMaryFLVol 111 35
HeadVol77 109 36
apevol 142 37
apevol 171 38
UTVolinExile 147 39

ScaredBlushingGermanshepherd.gif

Anyone seen orangepills post on twitter from VN?
Where he said gruden won't coach the bowl game
It got roped to shreds I seen it today

One of the best atmospheres I’ve experienced in a long time was the 2015 Oklahoma game even though we lost. I’m certain I still have throat damage from that game.

One of the best experiences I’ve had in Neyland stadium was the Florida game last year when Jennings caught that 75 yard TD from Dobbs after being down 21-3 at halftime. I saw two grown men crying and hugging.

Just thought I’d share that. Those memories will always be with me and my friends with me that day.

This place is unlike any other.

SOON
One I will never forget was 1980 against Washington State. Their QB was named Samoa Samoa and was ambidextrious . Their team stopped after a play when when the crowd was doing "THE WAVE" and it was going both ways and the section in front of the one that was standing was stomping and just watched.

After the game we went to the strip and some of their fands were their and the were stunned because the biggest crowd they had ever seen was like 40,000. So of course we had to help them get drunk....er and pitch a b***h. What a night !!!!

Wow! A good one!!

My first game was the LSU game in 1975. Still have my ticket stub.

I just love that south endzone. Used to believe the Vols wanted to go that way every 4th qtr. Running backs "taking it to the river." Never could prove it as fact but believed the wind carried that way too.

Well Orange Pill did reaffirm his/her belief it was done. So that might contribute to poppage. Also AV and Beav did not bring any negative news, but did not confirm either.

Bubba, in his usual, understated manner, sent us a coded message, "Gruden to the hill soon."

MIT came on and dispensed with any symbolism, and said Gruden was coming.

Atlanta Vol came on, and while not stepping on any announcement of a hire, cheerfully suggested adding some golfing to MIT's planned formal Gruden Party.

Knucklehead and Orangepill both confirmed Gruden signed last Tuesday.

I'd say today was a pretty big deal on our little corner of the interwebz.

:)

Reactions: 23 people
I have the same ticket stub. Well different seats.

Wow!!! How cool is that!! We were there then, and here we are now!

I was 6 years old and all I remember was holding my ears cuz it was so loud and I couldn’t see anything cuz everyone was so tall above me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back