Official Jon Gruden thread XL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't see Gruden going back to the Bucs.

I honestly doubt they will even make a change this season.

Just my opinion.

I want Gruden to be our HC. I am getting Leary though. I feel that if it is Gruden he needs to announce asap... Because the longer we wait... It will effect the early signing period. Plus if it goes past candy... It looks to me like we r waiting on a coach to finish his season. GRUDEN to the hill.... Not SOON , BUT NOW!

If they have him locked up, it's not really hurting anything to wait. The early signing period is only 3 days (Dec 20-22). If he is announced during the SECCG on December 2nd, it will be huge news and every recruit will know about it... The early signing period is optional, so the recruits who are still on the fence will just wait until National Signing Day. Any recruit who will sign early when they don't have to was probably not going to be flipped anyway.

OK guys so I want to start out by saying I am NO insider by any means. I am a die hard Vol fan like all of you and currently reside in Hollywood, FL. I have been following all of you and this thread for years now and you all have convinced me that Gruden is coming. Soo much in fact that last night I put dinner and drinks on it with one of my other buddies. What I am fixing to tell you is 100% the truth but PLEASE take it as you wish...

My close friend runs a very popular bar down here and a member of the Bucs Super Bowl team is a regular there. He just came in a few minutes ago and they got to talking about the Gruden situation since my buddy knows my stance on the matter. The player showed my buddy texts with a current player stating that Gruden is waiting for the TB job to open and he is in 100% at the end of the year. The former player claims Gruden wants to bring him as well to be on staff as he is a very popular name in TB. My buddy then asked about Tennessee specifically to which he replied "No way. The only job he would leave for is TB." My buddy then asked why is he waiting for the TB job to which he replied " Gruden wants to coach Jameis."

I am a season ticket holder for the Bucs and die hard fan of them as well. I drive 5 hours to watch their home games and sit 2nd row for each disaster. This news was obviously music to my ears but at the same time my heart sank for all of you and my orange blood. I know Beav and the rest of the guys are sticking to their stories and honestly I am all in with what they have been saying. I am sharing all of this because my blood pressure has gone up and down with all of yours the past few weeks and this bit of information changes things for me.

As I stated in the beginning, take this for what it is. I am not claiming any insider status at all. My buddy literally just texted me all of this and the first thing to come to mind was letting all of you know. I do not want to out anyone, thus me being very vague with my name mentioning. I am a long time reader and sometimes post but this is vital info coming from a first hand source. I understand if all of you just call me a troll and move on as I would probably do the same. If this is all BS then I will eat crow like I deserve but if not I just want to be the first help us move on.

Why exactly would he want to coach Jameis? The kid can't stay out of trouble, if anything, if the latest allegations are true, he might not be on the team after this year.

Not attacking you, but I think this guy is a bit wrong on this one.

I’m going to repost this if that’s okay? my post was at the very end of 39 so many posters may have missed it.

*** I have an edit at the bottom

So I’m at 99.999% after this. Darrell Wyke is a man who works for the AD and mentors some of the players. A man of the highest integrity. One of his close friends who played football at Ohio State (He was born and raised in TN) with him is a major booster for UT. (I know ironic)His plane was one of the planes that went to go close Gruden. He told my good friend (we’ve known each other for over a decade and see each other regularly) that it’s signed. Did not give a date to when it’d be announced but said soon (I about laughed out loud bc of how we all use that term on here) and said that’s why there wasn’t a need for a coaching search because this had been in the works and the boosters were all in together to get Gruden. So any non sense about Haslam is false.

With Knuck, Volinexile, DTO, Boro, Bubba, beaver, my few personal and family connections, hutch, babyvol and chattavol all saying Gruden is signed I have to believe.

Absolutely no way this many people are trolling or misleading us to be cruel. If this doesn’t happen something seismic happened and it’s not about a hooters sponsorship.

EDIT **** boro did not say he was signed, my apologies. I added him in that due to his confidence.
Also, after I posted that on the last thread several more positive posts came on VQ. Including beavers positive tweet. I’m lead to believe more than just my guy is starting to get info today. I can’t help but think that’s good. I believe Wallace has good info but is days behind. That’s my opinion.

Controlled Leaks FTW

Reactions: 2 people
Somewhere in this post there was a point.

Anyone wanna help translate to find it?

Evidently, Jon is moving from his house in Tampa to a home he just bought in Knoxville, so he could turn down a job in Knoxville to accept a job in Tampa.

Make cents?

Reactions: 4 people
Amazing how 1 post (about tampa) that no one believes can take everyone off track so quickly and for so long.

I mean, it's almost like that was the poster's intent.

Reactions: 4 people
OK guys so I want to start out by saying I am NO insider by any means. I am a die hard Vol fan like all of you and currently reside in Hollywood, FL. I have been following all of you and this thread for years now and you all have convinced me that Gruden is coming. Soo much in fact that last night I put dinner and drinks on it with one of my other buddies. What I am fixing to tell you is 100% the truth but PLEASE take it as you wish...

My close friend runs a very popular bar down here and a member of the Bucs Super Bowl team is a regular there. He just came in a few minutes ago and they got to talking about the Gruden situation since my buddy knows my stance on the matter. The player showed my buddy texts with a current player stating that Gruden is waiting for the TB job to open and he is in 100% at the end of the year. The former player claims Gruden wants to bring him as well to be on staff as he is a very popular name in TB. My buddy then asked about Tennessee specifically to which he replied "No way. The only job he would leave for is TB." My buddy then asked why is he waiting for the TB job to which he replied " Gruden wants to coach Jameis."

I am a season ticket holder for the Bucs and die hard fan of them as well. I drive 5 hours to watch their home games and sit 2nd row for each disaster. This news was obviously music to my ears but at the same time my heart sank for all of you and my orange blood. I know Beav and the rest of the guys are sticking to their stories and honestly I am all in with what they have been saying. I am sharing all of this because my blood pressure has gone up and down with all of yours the past few weeks and this bit of information changes things for me.

As I stated in the beginning, take this for what it is. I am not claiming any insider status at all. My buddy literally just texted me all of this and the first thing to come to mind was letting all of you know. I do not want to out anyone, thus me being very vague with my name mentioning. I am a long time reader and sometimes post but this is vital info coming from a first hand source. I understand if all of you just call me a troll and move on as I would probably do the same. If this is all BS then I will eat crow like I deserve but if not I just want to be the first help us move on.

Like we haven't seen this before.

XL is off to a good start, moving at warp speed currently

star_trek_warp_speed.gif

Evidently, Jon is moving from his house in Tampa to a home he just bought in Knoxville, so he could turn down a job in Knoxville to accept a job in Tampa.

Make cents?

Like I said before, I will eat tons of crow if this turns out to be false.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back