Official Jon Gruden thread XL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gruden To The Hill

Really Soon!

OK guys so I want to start out by saying I am NO insider by any means. I am a die hard Vol fan like all of you and currently reside in Hollywood, FL. I have been following all of you and this thread for years now and you all have convinced me that Gruden is coming. Soo much in fact that last night I put dinner and drinks on it with one of my other buddies. What I am fixing to tell you is 100% the truth but PLEASE take it as you wish...

My close friend runs a very popular bar down here and a member of the Bucs Super Bowl team is a regular there. He just came in a few minutes ago and they got to talking about the Gruden situation since my buddy knows my stance on the matter. The player showed my buddy texts with a current player stating that Gruden is waiting for the TB job to open and he is in 100% at the end of the year. The former player claims Gruden wants to bring him as well to be on staff as he is a very popular name in TB. My buddy then asked about Tennessee specifically to which he replied "No way. The only job he would leave for is TB." My buddy then asked why is he waiting for the TB job to which he replied " Gruden wants to coach Jameis."

I am a season ticket holder for the Bucs and die hard fan of them as well. I drive 5 hours to watch their home games and sit 2nd row for each disaster. This news was obviously music to my ears but at the same time my heart sank for all of you and my orange blood. I know Beav and the rest of the guys are sticking to their stories and honestly I am all in with what they have been saying. I am sharing all of this because my blood pressure has gone up and down with all of yours the past few weeks and this bit of information changes things for me.

As I stated in the beginning, take this for what it is. I am not claiming any insider status at all. My buddy literally just texted me all of this and the first thing to come to mind was letting all of you know. I do not want to out anyone, thus me being very vague with my name mentioning. I am a long time reader and sometimes post but this is vital info coming from a first hand source. I understand if all of you just call me a troll and move on as I would probably do the same. If this is all BS then I will eat crow like I deserve but if not I just want to be the first help us move on.

Reactions: 2 people
Is it possible that Gruden is already hired, already doing some limited things coach wise, but still doing his ESPN gig also? Just not announced yet?

Is there any historical precedence to "finalize" assembling a staff before any official announcement is made? Especially before the CFB season is over?

I thought the same thing. Then I kinda remember an idea brought up that after he is announced it will be a bit of a frenzy and wanted things fairly wrapped up by then.

Umm, it was a turkey for crying out loud, her head just happened to be on it.

I also got away with the thing that has kept the Grude-on at full mast, even when it's slow... at least for a little while.

Ahhhh.... Daniela!

In the last thread AV posted Bitulli tweet, I lost service after this and now a new thread. The thing I noticed was the players name for LSU, Morreau, as in tomorrow!?
Sorry if it has been discussed but I missed it

Reactions: 1 person
OK guys so I want to start out by saying I am NO insider by any means. I am a die hard Vol fan like all of you and currently reside in Hollywood, FL. I have been following all of you and this thread for years now and you all have convinced me that Gruden is coming. Soo much in fact that last night I put dinner and drinks on it with one of my other buddies. What I am fixing to tell you is 100% the truth but PLEASE take it as you wish...

My close friend runs a very popular bar down here and a member of the Bucs Super Bowl team is a regular there. He just came in a few minutes ago and they got to talking about the Gruden situation since my buddy knows my stance on the matter. The player showed my buddy texts with a current player stating that Gruden is waiting for the TB job to open and he is in 100% at the end of the year. The former player claims Gruden wants to bring him as well to be on staff as he is a very popular name in TB. My buddy then asked about Tennessee specifically to which he replied "No way. The only job he would leave for is TB." My buddy then asked why is he waiting for the TB job to which he replied " Gruden wants to coach Jameis."

I am a season ticket holder for the Bucs and die hard fan of them as well. I drive 5 hours to watch their home games and sit 2nd row for each disaster. This news was obviously music to my ears but at the same time my heart sank for all of you and my orange blood. I know Beav and the rest of the guys are sticking to their stories and honestly I am all in with what they have been saying. I am sharing all of this because my blood pressure has gone up and down with all of yours the past few weeks and this bit of information changes things for me.

As I stated in the beginning, take this for what it is. I am not claiming any insider status at all. My buddy literally just texted me all of this and the first thing to come to mind was letting all of you know. I do not want to out anyone, thus me being very vague with my name mentioning. I am a long time reader and sometimes post but this is vital info coming from a first hand source. I understand if all of you just call me a troll and move on as I would probably do the same. If this is all BS then I will eat crow like I deserve but if not I just want to be the first help us move on.

Lulz

Reactions: 7 people
I'm ready for all this to be over. No offense, I like "most" of y'all, but it sucks that speculating on a coach search is more entertaining than the football itself. I mean the only real thing the Vandy game is going to prove is that the loser will be the only team that will go winless in SEC play. Please don't let that be us. We are on the road to not just being the new Vandy, but to completely overtaking that ranking and being referred to as just Tennessee. With that, Gruden to the Hill, from there Tennessee to the top of the mountain we call the SEC. GBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back