Official Jon Gruden thread XL

Status
Not open for further replies.
They will bite your head off out there. They LOVE Mullen. I call him Butchie 2.0, essentially twins. KnuckleVol did come to my defense out there last night. I like him even more now.

Mullen is a good coach. We need a GREAT coach. Mullen is a 9 mm and we need a .45. The University of Tennessee simply cannot afford to bring a knife to the gunfight this time. If we do, we are surrendering all honor and integrity and admitting we, as an institution, care little about football and even less about winning.

Reactions: 4 people
I don't know how I feel about the remakes, Jos3y. I like the classics but there have been a few good remakes. I'll probably watch them. Love westerns.

you cant remake and screw around with the classics, dont care who's in it.

look at what they did to "True Grit"....leave the classics alone !

Reactions: 1 person
Happy Thanksgiving volnation!!!...I will not be lurking for the next day or so....As bad as we all want Gruden to be announced it will happen, just not SOON enough in my opinion..... Take a break, spend some tine with your family today and tomorrow. you never know how long you will have them. Family is the most important thing after all....

Gruden to the hill!! ( Sorry comb, you have been high jacked) ....

Reactions: 2 people
Along the Grumors front...

Has anyone from Arky started a "Gruden to Arkansas" thread on their boards yet like they did in 2012?

Mullen is a good coach. We need a GREAT coach. Mullen is a 9 mm and we need a .45. The University of Tennessee simply cannot afford to bring a knife to the gunfight this time. If we do, we are surrendering all honor and integrity and admitting we, as an institution, care little about football and even less about winning.

I'm not knocking Mullen, I just didn't think we would ever get to the point where we had to go to Starkville to get a coach ........

This week has been so quiet and not as exciting. Grumors seem to have cooled. Lots of people in the media are only talking about other candidates. What’s going on?

I am Gruden or bust generally (except for a very few coaches out there), so still hoping it’s a done deal.

VQ BabyVol

“All but 1 recruit (has scheduling conflict) has rescheduled their visit away from this weekend. Cade Mays and Dixon have both scheduled their visit for 1st weekend in December among others. You will know your coach sometime next week....best guess is Tuesday but that’s a guess.”

1 babyvol15, Today at 9:55 AM

Reactions: 2 people
Gruden to the Hill! I’m so sick of mediocrity. I’d take Petersen and Patterson as plan B and C. But if it isn’t one of those 3 coaches I’m done.

you cant remake and screw around with the classics, dont care who's in it.

look at what they did to "True Grit"....leave the classics alone !

Not a Western....but why oh why did steve Martin feel the need to redo the Pink Panther? Now THAT was messimg with a classic.

This week has been so quiet and not as exciting. Grumors seem to have cooled. Lots of people in the media are only talking about other candidates. What’s going on?

I am Gruden or bust generally (except for a very few coaches out there), so still hoping it’s a done deal.

Most people in the media are talking about Charlie Rose today it seems .......

Gus is going to arKANSAS isn't he ?

Last coaching search when Arky and UT were hiring, Gruden's name popped up in the Arkansas circles. There never was any kind of connection, but some were so convinced he was coming to Arky they started a message board named "Grudenville" since renamed Hog Fans.

I'm wondering if the same folks decided to give it another shot.

VQ BabyVol

“All but 1 recruit (has scheduling conflict) has rescheduled their visit away from this weekend. Cade Mays and Dixon have both scheduled their visit for 1st weekend in December among others. You will know your coach sometime next week....best guess is Tuesday but that’s a guess.”

1 babyvol15, Today at 9:55 AM

I said it a few minutes ago. 24-48 hours after Currie gets back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back