Official Jon Gruden Thread XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Charlie strong is 23-15 at Louisville. That is who we are holding out for. AWESOME

I'm not "pro" Strong, but at least he's been in the SEC as a winning coordinator and knows what recruiting is like. This ACC head coach stuff would be a TERRIBLE choice IMO.

Dave Hart will be to landing Gruden what James Wilhoit was to beating Florida in 2004. Goat to hero. Wilhoit's miss was an accident, though. Smoke and mirrors. And I'm not buying that Dave Hart is so inept as to just realize this morning there were "rumors" going around. "Courtesy call?" Here's my call: BS.

No "inside sources" here, just common sense. The craziest thing about today is how quickly the majority of folks have dismissed the possibility of Gruden still coming to UT. And based on what? A statement from Gruden's agent, and another statement from another "unnamed source"" (a UT employee who wasn't supposed to say anything so he had to speak anonymously)?

I read the quote from Gruden's agent in the KNS. Are they the only organization he spoke to? And if so, did KNS call him or did he call KNS?

Was Ron Higgins duped by a source a while back when he tweeted of a major deal being planned to present to Gruden?

Was Glenn Carver stupid enough to base his report (Brown ownership stake) based on some second hand or internet message board? Ditto for Steven Hargis.

But move on folks, nothing to see here. Hyams and KNS said so, based on their "inside sources" which I'm guessing to be UTAD folks spinning for their own benefit.

Just my two cents. Flame away.

FYI

I tweeted with Evan Woodberry who broke the story with the LaMonte quotes that Gruden wasn't coming to UT. Woodberry said that he actually spoke to LaMonte. He said that he had been texting emailing and calling LaMonte for about a week and today LaMonte called him back today and discussed the Gruden situation.

I wonder why LaMonte went with Woodberry but no one has been able to explain that to me.

Gruden wanted to be here. That's the sad part, if this doesn't get done. It's not a smokescreen. Hart does not want him as our head coach.

Perhaps the Strong and Fedora interviews are Hart's counter to the Gruden demands. "Jon, if you truly want to be here, you're on borrowed time to reach an agreement because we're moving forward, without you if necessary."

Guys, I had to work today so wasn't here a lot, but I'm still confident after speaking with my source earlier today. It just makes no sense that Hart f'ed this up. Not if he wants to keep his job, or hold any other job.

I called a presser today, it didn't happen. Here to eat my crow, but I'm not wavering. Still confident this gets done. Flame away.

I dont get why people say Gruden is just trying to keep his name out there. His name is always out there. He is on ESPN constantly, does commercials, etc., and always rumored for NFL jobs. It's not like people will forget about him. He doesnt need to float his name out there like someone like Butch Davis, Mangino, etc would need to do

Off topic ... sort of , but am I the only one who found it a little odd , that when all of these threads were taking off , Saban was sending recruits quotes with a picture and bio of Jon? It was like the word was getting out , and he wanted to get a step ahead of him. Now , the stuff being said on the radio , is basically that Nick has let it be known he doesn't want Gruden to get this job. Hart seems to be the problem , and we know where he came from. So what is in it for him? A job replacing Mal Moore. It sounded a little far fetched at first. Now the 'Don't burn that bridge , Dave' story really is starting to make sense. I'm not 100% sure , because I still think Hart can prove us wrong. But at this point , I have no reason to believe he will. All signs point to him being the issue. Gruden is the only name out there we can get that would instantly get people to look this way. Away from the midget. With the Dooley being retained , if he went to a bowl game story , and everything else , it just seems a little shady around here.

I want to believe he is doing a job that is in favor of Tennessee , but can anyone really believe that right now? Gruden was not even at the top of his list? Really? Control is an issue , and you have been dealing with Nick Saban for the past few years? Don't piss on my leg , and tell me it's raining , Hart.

Last edited:
Dave Hart will be to landing Gruden what James Wilhoit was to beating Florida in 2004. Goat to hero. Wilhoit's miss was an accident, though. Smoke and mirrors. And I'm not buying that Dave Hart is so inept as to just realize this morning there were "rumors" going around. "Courtesy call?" Here's my call: BS.

No "inside sources" here, just common sense. The craziest thing about today is how quickly the majority of folks have dismissed the possibility of Gruden still coming to UT. And based on what? A statement from Gruden's agent, and another statement from another "unnamed source"" (a UT employee who wasn't supposed to say anything so he had to speak anonymously)?

I read the quote from Gruden's agent in the KNS. Are they the only organization he spoke to? And if so, did KNS call him or did he call KNS?

Was Ron Higgins duped by a source a while back when he tweeted of a major deal being planned to present to Gruden?

Was Glenn Carver stupid enough to base his report (Brown ownership stake) based on some second hand or internet message board? Ditto for Steven Hargis.

But move on folks, nothing to see here. Hyams and KNS said so, based on their "inside sources" which I'm guessing to be UTAD folks spinning for their own benefit.

Just my two cents. Flame away.

I'm riding with this guy.

I don't know the answers to those questions either. It's possible things could get back on track, but that was not the tone of things last night. One thing seems clear to me -- this is not a smokescreen or media campaign. The deal soured.

I hope the power people can right the Gruden ship!

It seems to me that Hart is the culprit.

The most telling aspect that Hart flubbed the deal is what LaMonte said today. That wasn't just a simple denial, it was a complete F U to Dave Hart and Tennessee in general. Obviously, it wasn't truthful so we must ask ourselves why not just a simple no from him? Hart either pissed him off and he felt the need to belittle us, or he needed to put up a smoke screen? People have said all this stuff about a remaining Tampa payment screwing up the timing on this thing, I don't buy that...if timing is an issue, I definitely think it is because of ESPN and MNF.

Guys, I had to work today so wasn't here a lot, but I'm still confident after speaking with my source earlier today. It just makes no sense that Hart f'ed this up. Not if he wants to keep his job, or hold any other job.

I called a presser today, it didn't happen. Here to eat my crow, but I'm not wavering. Still confident this gets done. Flame away.

Care to share your source?

so is gruden in or out? it seems to be 50/50 on this board. I seriously dont know which posters to believe or not anymore. I just want to see good football again.

I know it may be speculation, but what do you think?

Hubbs has changed a few times on his positions as has everyone..

So what do you think about these new developments about boosters and who's got control and if they're even pulling in different directions?

I'm off to bed so no time for a long response but I think the OG's are telling the truth about the boosters getting the deal with Gruden and I think Hart had different ideas.

Something went down over the last few days that made the deal fall through, not sure what though. I'd like to find out. Hopefully it can get fixed and Gruden will be the coach. But it sounds like Hart has interviewed Strong and Fedora and maybe more candidates this weekend so if Gruden wants the job, everyone better get on the phones/planes/Cadillac's and make it happen SOON.

I think Hart's going to announce a new coach in the next few days and I'm hoping it's Gruden.

JMO

Good night all :hi:

Perhaps the Strong and Fedora interviews are Hart's counter to the Gruden demands. "Jon, if you truly want to be here, you're on borrowed time to reach an agreement because we're moving forward, without you if necessary."

We need Jon Gruden infinitely more than he needs us. Hart needs to back down and give us what WE want.

I don't know the answers to those questions either. It's possible things could get back on track, but that was not the tone of things last night. One thing seems clear to me -- this is not a smokescreen or media campaign. The deal soured.

I agree in a couple of senses, but respectfully (and i want to stress 'respectfully') disagree in another.

I think the deal has not so much soured as 'become stale'. There may be a couple of middle grounds or catching points that two ego-maniacal people can't pass up. I think, if anything, this is an 'accelerator', if you will. To me, this kind of says 'make your move, or else', and it's coming from both sides. This is a very critical period, I believe. If something is not done soon, then nothing will be done at all, in the end.

Gruden wanted to be here. That's the sad part, if this doesn't get done. It's not a smokescreen. Hart does not want him as our head coach.

Bullcrap. It may be that Hart doesn't want him, but if Hart wants a job, and the people who provide that job want Gruden, then he better hire freaking Gruden.

This time, it's not up to what Hart wants. Way too much money involved to be just up to Hart.

The picture is painted that Jon wanted to be here so that nobody sours on him, and everyone thinks that Dave is the bad guy.

Then Dave swoops in, makes the deal happen when the time is right, and then he's a hero for getting it done.

And this. Power play all the way. If Gruden ends up saying no, we can't afford to be caught with our pants down, we've got to have other guys ready to roll.
That said, I still think Gruden.

Off topic ... sort of , but am I the only one who found it a little odd , that when all of these threads were taking off , Saban was sending recruits quotes with a picture and bio of Jon? It was like the word was getting out , and he wanted to get a step ahead of him. Now , the stuff being said on the radio , is basically that Nick has let it be known he doesn't want Gruden to get this job. Hart seems to be the problem , and we know where he came from. So what is in it for him? A job replacing Mal Moore. It sounded a little far fetched at first. Now the 'Don't burn that bridge , Dave' story really is starting to make sense. I'm not 100% sure , because I still think Hart can prove us wrong. But at this point , I have no reason to believe he will. All signs point to him being the issue. Gruden is the only name out there we can get that would instantly get people to look this way. Away from the midget. With the Dooley being retained , if he went to a bowl game story , and everything else , it just seems a little shady around here.

I want to believe his is doing a job that is in favor of Tennessee , but can anyone really belive that right now? Gruden was not even at the top of his list? Really? Control is an issue , and you have been dealing with Nick Saban for the past few years? Don't piss on my leg , and tell me it's raining , Hart.

Great point about Hart being at Alabama with King of Control himself Sabin.

FYI

I tweeted with Evan Woodberry who broke the story with the LaMonte quotes that Gruden wasn't coming to UT. Woodberry said that he actually spoke to LaMonte. He said that he had been texting emailing and calling LaMonte for about a week and today LaMonte called him back today and discussed the Gruden situation.

I wonder why LaMonte went with Woodberry but no one has been able to explain that to me.

Thanks for the info. So it sounds like Woodberry was doing his duty and trying hard to contact LaMonte, who suddenly decides to call back the day after the Chattanooga report to describe this whole thing as "fantasyland."

Call me Alex Jones, but I'm not buying the official line.

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back