Official Jon Gruden Thread XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
LWS response to who he think Big Jim wants "...Personally, I think LaMonte AND Gruden had no interest in coaching here and were only playing the game they have played elsewhere to keep Gruden's name out there.":

Man is just stating his opinion, which is fine, but I would respectfully disagree. Gruden wasted an awful lot of time, lining up a staff, etc, if his goal was just to toy with us. There are much easier ways to go about this. Especially considering they had everyone bending over trying to keep it OUT of the media. Rather, I might guess that his sources were wrong, so he never quite had the context correct. Having said that, I dont know what he knows, so it would be unfair to say that one or another.

Reactions: 1 person
Sports Shmorts: Dave Hart vs. UT boosters? If so, who wins?

Now the big news with Haskew is, he is claiming his source is Jimmy Haslam. Yes, that Jimmy Haslam, the biggest donor to the University of Tennessee, and owner of the NFL’s Cleveland Browns. If it is true that Haslam thinks this thing is done, then it is probably done, the question is, who do you believe?

The point is that Hart is a real piece of work (or something) if he thinks he can cross the big $$$$ donors and get away with it without severe repercussions!!!! Very foolish of Hart if he did derail the Gruden deal!!!

I negotiate deals for a living every day. One thing my first boss in this business taught me is "No" is just a bargaining position.

I understand that how you fel about that I really do. Many previous people I have talked to felt the same way. I have found though once they heard the details was..... oh nevermind..

The point is that Hart is a real piece of work (or something) if he thinks he can cross the big $$$$ donors and get away with it without severe repercussions!!!! Very foolish of Hart if he did derail the Gruden deal!!!

I just want to know why they didn't hire Blackburn?

Man is just stating his opinion, which is fine, but I would respectfully disagree. Gruden wasted an awful lot of time, lining up a staff, etc, if his goal was just to toy with us. There are much easier ways to go about this. Especially considering they had everyone bending over trying to keep it OUT of the media. Rather, I might guess that his sources were wrong, so he never quite had the context correct. Having said that, I dont know what he knows, so it would be unfair to say that one or another.

He knows only what he is spoon fed by the spoon fed Knoxville media. IMO.

this.

Perhaps there is another 'plan' being executed.

The only way this could be true is if Hart is an enormous dumbass (not listening to fans and boosters) or a**hole (doesn't care about fans and boosters). So enormous in fact that it's a big stretch..

and the Boosters would have to be WAY less powerful than everyone thinks..

Does Not Add Up

Gruden wanted this job. It was his and he knew that, and had told a select few that he was excited about it.

I believe you had said it earlier; "Gruden told people he was coming", and you're right. I, with you, disagree with the other gentleman.

I'm still rolling with what I've been told and what I know. I just with my buddies would get back to me as to what exactly happened in the last 24 hours. I, for one, do not believe that as many things have changed as we're being led to believe. Media is an outlet for bargaining/games, and again with what I have been fed, believe that is what we're seeing.

I know nothing. Never have claimed I do. Was basically given a verbal timeline of the process by one person. Checked with a few people on here whether or not this guy would know what he said he does and they said without a doubt. Floated a few of the details and it matched. I doubt we will ever hear how this thing was botched, so I figured why not. I have been around since the beginning and haven't contributed anything. Just thought others might have heard many of these same details and we can perhaps paint a clearer picture of how this debacle went down.

I agree. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back