Official Jon Gruden Thread XII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll give you what I have as of 10:32am EST this morning, which was when I heard back from the same close friend by email (I'm out of town currently) who also originally told me about the initial terms/offerings to Gruden around the Alabama and Mizzou games--information that I passed on then and information that has been corroborated since by others.

I emailed him last night asking what to make of this apparently new turn of events regarding most everyone now reporting that Hart has moved on and Gruden is out of the picture.

His response was short but hopefully telling:

"UT has played this perfectly. Even down to interviewing other candidates and putting blatant information out to the media. No need to worry. Everything is still as it should be. Gruden will be the replacement. No timeframe on announcement. I hesitate to say anything is 100% but it would take an extremely large act to mess this up. And if that happens, no way Hart will be able to stay in his current position considering the legwork and extremes that people above him have done to make this happen."

FWIW, he has made it clear he is not a Hart fan previously but still has confidence that even he could not mess this up.

Reactions: 21 people
Golden has denied, Fisher has denied, Reports are the Gruden deal is off.

Auburn interviewed Strong. Petrino is a no go.

Someone is lying here...

exactly... just like when coaches say they aren't going anywhere the day before it's announced they are :) just wait and see... I still think it's going to be a Grude morning soon

VolRumorMill ‏@VolRumorMill

@AndrewSnyder90 The room is ready, not saying they called a presser. Not a member of 247.

I'll give you what I have as of 10:32am EST this morning, which was when I heard back from the same close friend by email (I'm out of town currently) who also originally told me about the initial terms/offerings to Gruden around the Alabama and Mizzou games--information that I passed on then and information that has been corroborated since by others.

I emailed him last night asking what to make of this apparently new turn of events regarding most everyone now reporting that Hart has moved on and Gruden is out of the picture.

"UT has played this perfectly. Even down to interviewing other candidates and putting blatant information out to the media. No need to worry. Everything is still as it should be. Gruden will be the replacement. No timeframe on announcement. I hesitate to say anything is 100% but it would take an extremely large act to mess this up. And if that happens, no way Hart will be able to stay in his current position considering the legwork and extremes that people above him have done to make this happen."

FWIW, he has made it clear he is not a Hart fan previously but still has confidence that even he could not mess this up.

And the coaster starts back up the hill...

Reactions: 4 people

The real DocVol here gentlemen! Thanks for the info!

Reactions: 1 person

Thanks for sharing Doc! Keep us posted!

Reactions: 2 people
That last post in Cliff notes rings somewhat true. Have heard from a couple local police officers that have said they have had meetings about a "high profile" coach coming and procedure planning for the press conference and security for their home, etc...

Reactions: 5 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back