Official Jon Gruden Thread XII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dang! I know that wasn't directed at me and you make a lot of sense, but why the condescending tone?

Because he asks the question repeatedly and the info is already been out there. Why keep asking? Because he just wants to be a contrarian, like many others on here.

It just gets VERY old. Have your opinion. Share your opinion. It doesn't have to be the same as mine or any other's on here. Just don't repeatedly try to be an @$$ about it and don't keep stalking others when you don't agree with them.

Not trying to be a jerk but what did that have to do with Gruden or the UT coaching search?

Did you mean to ask the OP? To answer your question, imo, it gives the reader a little insight on CJG's opinion of the college game. You can actually ascertain a couple of opinions from that exert, though. I just enjoyed reading it.

People wanted more info, well this is the best I can do without giving away my source.

We are still getting Gruden.

Golden is interviewing. Just because he's the "first" to take place doesn't mean he's option 2 if things fall through.

Gruden isn't going to screw over the people he's working with now and have arranged to work with in the future. He's a man if his word.

He wants to get the last check from Tampa to kind of "stick it to them".

I said earlier that I wouldn't be surprised if this moved into next week or further. Just be patient. These next few days will be telling.

Go vols!

I hope you are right, my man! Weather we get him or not...I appreciate the info from all the OG's! If we don't, I wont blame you or the university! I honestly believe they will do whatever they can to get him! IMO If Gruden doest come, I believe its because he doesn't want too....again, just my opinion!

I just got an answer from a text I sent out last night....that said, " I don't THINK it's going to happen. I THINK it's dead actually."

But I still believe that there is some truth to the due diligence and personal/work related topic. And that if the truth behind these locked doors is such, then I'll be chewing my fingernail down to their cuticles if we are still without a head coach come mid-December. This part is nothing more than my complete speculation and opinion.

I just think that if/when all parties want the same end result...patience becomes the controlling factor.

That's not very encouraging. I appreciate your response. Now, if you will excuse me, I have a punching bag in the garage.

Al Golden not leaving Hurricanes, says Miami ADBy Jakob Engelke on Nov 29, 11:16a +
Joel Auerbach
Golden plans to stay in Coral Gables and the rumors about him taking another coaching job are just that.
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
Miami coach Al Golden is staying with the Hurricanes and won't be leaving Coral Gables for another job elsewhere, interim athletic director Blake James told the Sun Sentinel.
Coming off a 7-5 season with Miami, Golden's name has been tied to a number of head coaching vacancies this offseason, but all of the rumors have simply been irrelevant chatter. James, who has spoken with Golden several times throughout the past few days, said no one has contacted him to inquire about the second-year head coach.
"I'm confident he'll be with us next year," James told the Sun Sentinel.
"To be perfectly honest with you, the only time I hear it is when [reporters] say it," Golden added. "I know [my wife] would cry if I said we were moving out of town."
After going 6-6 in 2011, Golden signed an extension with Miami that runs through 2019. Despite being bowl eligible the past two seasons, Miami will not play in the postseason for the second straight year due to NCAA sanctions stemming from the program's ties to former booster Nevin Shapiro.

FWIW

Since Skeeter said no Gruden, then that's it, game over, right? Why are people still on the wagon? Usually everyone hangs on his every word, and while most of his info seems to be credible, he can't be right all the time. Time to shut the thread down right? Time for the "GOLDEN YEARS"

I personally don't have a clue if we're getting Gruden or not... depends on the hour what news you hear which is all different... but I keep thinking that is Gruden is really OUT, then some sort of statement would be made in the press from his people (like some of the others we've seen recently from other coaches being discussed, etc.)

The Mike and Mike denial was that of an offer with stake in the Browns, and he quickly wanted to move on which I thought was a little odd. He didn't say anything about not coaching college football, UT, or anything really...just wanted to move on

Also, I have to wonder if it's not Gruden why this is taking so long when other schools are already announcing new coaches.

Smells fishy... and I believe it's coming from Tampa...but we'll have to wait and see

Because he asks the question repeatedly and the info is already been out there. Why keep asking? Because he just wants to be a contrarian, like many others on here.

It just gets VERY old. Have your opinion. Share your opinion. It doesn't have to be the same as mine or any other's on here. Just don't repeatedly try to be an @$$ about it and don't keep stalking others when you don't agree with them.

I see. It was more the person who posed the question than the question itself that inspired the condescension. Fine by me. Carry on.:hi:

Be aware that there are a number of posters that have been deliberately planted (and probably being paid) to spread disinformation about the search on this site. How do I know this, I know for a fact that large institutions routinely use social media in this fashion and UT-K is one of the leading institutions in social engineering. You figure out the rest.

Reactions: 2 people
This has been discussed at my house too. We thought it would be friggin fabulous if he announced that he was coming to UT on the last MNF game since it's in Nashville and all. Tirico says, "Well Jon, it's been great working with you, good luck in your next endeavor", then Jon says, "thanks Mike, you'll have to come visit me on Rocky Top".

or something to that effect. I know it's not going to go down that way, but imagine the buzz and number of recruits that would be looking to TN.:)

At this point the only thing that makes sense to me is that all of this "info" that has been coming out is to string things along until some specific date.

I just can't see Hart not being prepared and waiting to do a coaching search. He would have know since Early-Mid November that a search was not only possible by imminent. For him to look this inept just doesn't make sense to me.

It's possibly he thought a deal was in place (MOU) and once contract negotiations really started is when things got dicey.

But honestly to me it just seems like things are being strung along until some specific date for whatever reason. But that is just my opinion....

Lol no but I am about to start taking the test to be one. :( sad times ahead. I hear most people fail it the first time. Not a good sign.

You'll be alright man... My cousin, who failed his drivers license test 3 times, passed it.. But I not sure how many times he had to take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back