Official Jon Gruden Thread XII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though Gruden stated that the rumor of getting shares of the Browns is false, I can't help but feel that because he didn't say he wasn't coming, that he was just clarifying that we won't get ownership lol Is this true?

Dude... 1 year ago, Urban Meyer stated he wasn't offered anything from Ohio State, denied it up and down and said there was nothing to consider...

"I have not been offered any job nor is there a deal in place," Meyer said in a statement. "I plan on spending Thanksgiving with my family and will not comment on this any further."

See Urban Meyer as well

It's not just the Saban and Meyer hires, denials happen 100x more often than not. Especially as the magnitude of the hire increases. The nature of the denial we have heard thus far is a complete and total non-issue in the big picture of things. We might hear something more significant in the hours or days to come, but right now, this is nothing.

Haha okay buddy...

God forbid you be held accountable on this stage if every decision you've made in your life were scrutinized under a microscope by ignorant people who don't know what they are talking about.

Sexton didn't hire EITHER of those two people to be our head coach, so I do not see how you can put the blame on a businessman for being VERY good at his job and promoting his clients.

Its no offense to you, just that he's bent us over the barrel repeatedly and I'm sick of it.

He's got plenty of clients that he could afford to avoid situations that are a detriment to the Vols. Some of his work has been a direct conflict of interest to the health of our program. Fulmer $6 million buyout after losing 100-37 to our biggest rivals and clear downward trend in his performance?

Reactions: 1 person
I wouldn't buy a used car from Jimmy Sexton

I think that's the point I agree with to a point. He obviously was a better deal maker than Hamilton. I don't know that yet about Hart. Hamilton would definitely have no business dealing with him again but then again, we fired hamilton for doing just that. Perhaps Hart will take warning.

Even though Gruden stated that the rumor of getting shares of the Browns is false, I can't help but feel that because he didn't say he wasn't coming, that he was just clarifying that we won't get ownership lol Is this true?

Actually, I think he just clarified that he didn't have a contract in his hand. lol

Just a question...is there any OG's in here. Go ahead and take us back up the roller coaster.....Boro, OV, jay, carter, ect....Lets have another Dr. Phil moment please.

What did you want him to say on MnM? Yes, we are talking most details worked out. Dave(Hart) and I are meeting up after this interview to talk about Knox County real estate.

If Hart is meeting with Gruden it is a big deal because this step is usually a formality. All of the material terms have been resolved behind the scenes so boss and prospective employee need to meet before announcing it as final.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back