Official Jon Gruden Thread XII

Status
Not open for further replies.
:mf_surrender:IM FINALLY DONE WITH ALL THESE RUMORS GRUDEN IS NOT COMING PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!:mf_surrender:

bye.gif

Reactions: 4 people
This. George actually had a personal relationship with Bear Bryant and was at Archie Manning's wedding.

I know most think George is a huge Memphis homer (he grew up here), but he actually graduated from UT. He would not purposely mislead anyone. That is not his style. He is a true reporter. He found the minority ownership breakdown of the Grizzlies before anyone else.

Remember, Paul Finebaum is a UT grad, but do you trust what he says about UT?

Gotta be honest, cover up or no, I am bummed about the M&M interview.

First words out of his mouth publicly addressing the situation is that it is not true.

I know this has been done before (Saban), but this is the first time I feel he might not be our guy.

I sure hope he is, but damn...

Man, I'm just the opposite...I'm psyched! Especially after this part of the exchange...

Gruden: Yeah.. I mean uh, I don't ::sigh::.. I just.. I apologize, I.. I really don't have time to get into all that stuff.

Gruden always goes on Mike&Mike on wednesdays for his mnf talk. Tennessee question seemed to catch him off guard and he quickly moved the topic on. He's coming guys

Who was it....Kingston Vol maybe that said his friend said to expect KY announcement that day and then Gruden to UT in next couple of days?

Man, I'm just the opposite...I'm psyched! Especially after this part of the exchange...

Gruden: Yeah.. I mean uh, I don't ::sigh::.. I just.. I apologize, I.. I really don't have time to get into all that stuff.

Maybe I'm just in a "glass half empty" mindset today :p

Regardless, Sexton has inflicted a tremendous amount of hurt on the University of Tennessee football program with his actions.

He can go to hell, Vol fan or not.

Sexton is paid to get the best deal that he can for his clients.

The UT AD has inflicted a tremendous amount of hurt/damage on the UoT football program with their actions.

Its because Mike and Mike think the whole thing is a joke. they were not legitimately asking Gruden expecting him to give an honest answer.

the whole "10% stake in the Browns" was seen as ludicrous and that's why they made what was essentially a joke out of Tennessee on their show.

They might have meant it as a joke, but it seemed to have gave the Vols a little boost and legitimacy in the coaching search.

Gotta be honest, cover up or no, I am bummed about the M&M interview.

First words out of his mouth publicly addressing the situation is that it is not true.

I know this has been done before (Saban), but this is the first time I feel he might not be our guy.

I sure hope he is, but damn...

Its in the "New HC Recruiting Manual"...page 10, paragraph 4, subsection iii. It says "When questions come about your new role, and they will, you have to deny rumors, you can do so emphatically while swearing on the Bible, or, even halfheartedly deflecting questions with nervous speech, but you must, AT ALL COSTS, deflect, deflect, deflect, until your new employer is ready to announce anything related to your new role."

Im pretty sure thats what it says...may not be verbatim...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back